Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Counselling 2020'
Tag Archives: IIT Counselling 2020
Last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 02:29 pm
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is the conducting authority for JEE Advanced Counselling 2020 and seat allocation. It is conducted as a centralized counselling procedure for Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). JoSAA allots seats to candidates in IITs according to their All India Ranks scored in JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced 2020 will be conducted on 27 September 2020. Post-exam processes such as counselling, seat allocation and admission will tentatively start on 6 October 2020.
- The JoSAA administration will complete the JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling process in 7 stages.
- Around 107 institutes take part in JoSAA Counselling for JEE.
- Total 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) offer more than 11,000 seats to candidates.
- Seat Matrix and courses of colleges are available at the JoSAA website – josaa.nic.in.
- There will be many other requisites in the JoSAA Counselling and seat allocation process. For instance – Registration, filling your choices, mock allocation, reporting to the college.
- In this article, we will discuss everything about these stages. And various steps for the admission, in detail.
Also Read | JEE Advanced Cutoff
Important Dates for JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling
- The candidates who have qualified in JEE Advanced 2020 will be able to take part in counselling for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) through JoSAA Counselling only.
- JoSAA Counselling is often called JEE Advanced Counselling.
- Candidates can check the table below for important JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling dates.
Events of JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling Important Dates (Tentative) JEE Advanced 2020 Result 5th October 2020 Registration starts JoSAA Counselling 2020 B. Tech and Integrated B. Tech- October 16, 2020
B.Arch.- October 21, 2020
Mock Allocation – Round 1 22 October 2020 Mock Allocation – Round 2 24 October 2020 Last date for registration and option filling 25 October 2020 Round 1 – Seat Allocation 27 October 2020 Round 2 – Seat Allocation 3 November 2020 Round 3 – Seat Allocation 6 November 2020 Round 4 – Seat Allocation 9 November 2020 Round 5 – Seat Allocation 12 November 2020 Round 6 – Seat Allocation 15 November 2020 Round 7 – Seat Allocation 18 November 2020
It may be noted that the schedule will remain the same even if any of the dates above is declared a public holiday. All PwD candidates are eligible for one hour compensatory time, i.e., the end time will be 13:00 IST for Paper 1 and 18:30 IST for Paper 2 & Paper 3.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced Counselling
- JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling will take place in October- November 2020.
- COVID-19 crisis all over the country has caused this delay in the exam as well as the academic calendar.
- Candidates who fulfil the below eligibility conditions will be able to participate in the JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling.
- First, the candidate must have a valid rank in the Common Rank List of JEE Advanced 2020.
- To take part in the JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling, it is necessary for the candidates to attain the qualified rank in JEE Advanced 2020.
- Candidates are required to score at least 75% marks in class 12th (or equivalent) exam. For candidates belonging to SC/ST, PwD category, 65% marks in 12th standard are compulsory.
- Candidates should remain in the top 20 percentile by category in the 12th class (or equivalent) board examination.
- Sometimes educational boards may only offer letter grades in marksheet.
- So, the candidates are required to produce a letter from the board for calculating the aggregate marks. Else, the decision in such matters will be taken by the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 Result
- JEE Advanced 2020 Result will be declared on 5 October 2020..
- Candidates can check the JEE Advanced 2020 Result on the official website – jeeadv.ac.in – using Registration Number, DOB and Password.
- After the results of JEE Advanced, All India Ranks (AIR) and Category Ranks will be available. Candidates can check it using the JEE Advanced 2020 online portal.
- Candidates who score minimum marks in each subject/paper and aggregate score will appear in JEE Advanced Merit List as well.
- The candidates will also receive text messages on their registered mobile numbers.
- Though individual rank cards will not be sent to any candidate.
JEE Advanced Tiebreaker Policy
- It is possible that two or more candidates have the same score.
- This hampers the ranking table and thereby causing difficulty in JoSAA Counselling.
- In such a case, Tie-breaker policy is used for allocation of suitable ranks-
- First, aspirants with higher positive ranks will get a higher rank.
- Second, aspirants with greater marks in Maths will get a higher rank.
- Third, aspirants with greater marks in Physics will get a higher rank.
- Finally, if the tie still persists, then both candidates will get the same ranks.
JEE Advanced 2020 (JoSAA) Counselling Process
The JEE Advanced Counselling process is divided into 4 steps. Let us take a detailed look at these steps.
Step 1 – Registration for JoSAA 2020 Counselling
- Candidates will first have to register for the JEE Advanced 2020 Counselling process, which will be organized by JoSAA.
- Candidates have to use their JEE Main Registration Number and details to register at JoSAA website.
- After checking all the previously filled information, the candidates will have to confirm it again.
Step 2 – Filling and Locking of Choice
- Candidates have to choose the college and course of their choice from the given options.
- In online JoSAA Counselling, choices can also be rearranged until final choices are selected.
- Candidates can select a maximum of 50 choices.
- Once the candidates are sure of their choice, they have to lock it.
- If candidates do not lock the choices, it will automatically get locked on the last date.
- To be on a safe side, take a print out of the selected choices.
Step 3 – Seat Allotment
- Exam administration will also conduct mock allocation for JoSAA 2020 Counselling.
- With this, candidates can know about their possible allocation as per their current choice.
- After the mock allocation, they will be able to make changes according to their choice.
JoSAA allots the seats on the basis of-
- Merit List
- Choice that is given
- Category of candidate
- Availability of seats
The exam administration will allocate seats in 7 phases. After every allocation, candidates have to choose their option from float, freeze and slide.
Step 4- Reporting at Centres
- In the end, allotted candidates have to download their allotment letter.
- After this, they have to pay the fees for acceptance of seats.
- Certificates/Documents will be examined at the respective Zonal IIT centres.
- Finally, candidates have to report at the allotted JEE Advanced 2020 counselling centre for seat confirmation.
The seat acceptance fee for all categories is mentioned below.
|Category||Fee (in INR)|
|SC/ST & PwD||15000|
Some Important Points for Reporting at Zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- If a candidate does not report at Zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) which is their JEE Advanced 2020 counselling centre before the last date, his/her seat will be forfeited.
- Candidates who are offered any upgraded seat have to give up their previous allotted seat.
- Payment of the fee is possible through any of the acceptable modes such as internet banking, credit card/debit card, UPI or e-challan.
- The applicants must also upload the scanned copy of the marksheet of class 12th at the online portal.
- Once the candidate is allotted a seat in any of the 7 rounds, he/she has to report to the zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) to confirm the allotted seat. Provisional Allotment Letter will mention the last date and time for reporting.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
JEE Advanced Rank List
Rank List for JEE Advanced 2020 is prepared based on the total scores of Paper 1 and 2 in Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Given below is the minimum JEE Advanced cut off to be in the merit rank list which might assure you a good chance of getting into an IIT.
|Rank List||Minimum percentage of marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|GEN-EWS rank list||9.0||31.5|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|GEN-EWS-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75|
Number of Seats in Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
Given below is a list showing the total number of seats in 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Program-wise data is available on the website of JoSAA.
|S.No||Name of the Institute||Total Number of B.Tech Seats|
|21||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad||951|
|23||IIT (BHU) Varanasi||1011|
Aspirants can check the 2019 program-wise seat matrix for all 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). To download the PDF for seat matrix of Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)- Click here.
JEE Advanced (JoSAA) Counselling: Provisional Admission
- To allow only eligible candidates for admission, colleges provide provisional admission.
- After the final reporting at Zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), institutes issue final allotment letter.
- This allotment letter will grant the provisional admission to the candidate.
- But, this admission is subject to verification of documents and certificates.
- The college cancels the admission if a candidate provides false information.
- So, make sure to provide all the correct information only.
Documents Required for Provisional Admission
Candidates are required to submit the original and attested photocopy of the following documents for the verification process:-
- Seat Allotment Letter of JEE Advanced 2020
- JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card
- JEE Advanced 2020 Application Form
- The properly filled medical examination report
- Date of birth certificate: 10th class / HSC / Birth certificate / Any other certificate as proof of date of birth
- 12th class / SSC / equivalent examination mark sheet and passing certificate
- Category Certificate (OBC (NCL) / SC / ST / PWD / DS) issued by competent authority
- For foreign nationals: Attested photocopy of passport page containing name, photo and nationality information
Frequently Asked Questions:
Last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 01:25 pm
Answer: No, if you do not accept the seat in the respective seat acceptance process then you will lose the seat and will be out of the allotment process.
Last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 01:29 pm
Answer: No, choice filling has to be done at the specified date online.
Last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 01:30 pm
Answer: If you do not lock your choices then the last save preferences or choices will be automatically locked at the last date.