Home » Posts tagged 'IIT Bombay Fee Structure'
Tag Archives: IIT Bombay Fee Structure
Last updated on October 17th, 2020 at 01:18 pm
IIT Bombay is one of the top engineering institutes in India for students aspiring to hold an engineering degree. IIT Bombay Fee Structure for various B.Tech courses offered has been discussed in detail below.
- The total fee for B.Tech is INR 1,24,600 for Indian students while it is INR 3,24,600 for foreign nationals for each year.
- IIT Bombay provides scholarships and financial aid to the meritorious students.
- Some of the scholarships awarded are National Talent Search Scholarship (NTSE) and National Scholarships (All States) are awarded to UG Students.
- Students can pay the fees through online mode using net banking. IIT Bombay accepts cash payments from foreign students.
- JEE Main Scores are considered for admission to the B.Tech courses and the seats are allotted as per the JEE Main Reservation Criteria.
IIT Bombay Fee Structure: Highlights
The institute also charges one time fees like admission fee and caution money fees at the time of admission. Institute Security Deposits, Mess Security Deposits and Library Security Deposits are refundable.
|Institute Name||IIT Bombay|
|Total Semester Fees (B.Tech)||INR 1,14,000|
|Scholarship/ Fee Waiver||Available|
|Admissions via||JEE Main Counselling|
- Top Engineering Colleges in India – IITs, NITs, NIRF Rankings
- NIT Surathkal Admission Process through JEE Main
IIT Bombay Fee Structure 2020-21: B.Tech and Dual Degree Courses (Revised for COVID-19)
The details of the IIT Bombay Fee Structure is given below. The total fees is divided into various components such as One time Fee, Per Semester Fee, Refundable Security Amounts etc.
- Day Scholars are not required to pay hostel and mess fees.
- Students belonging to SC and ST categories are not required to pay tuition fees irrespective of their annual family income.
|Description||Fees- Semester 1 (In INR)||Fees- Semester 2 (In INR)||Fees- Semester 3 (In INR)||Fees- Semester 4 (In INR)|
|Graduation Transcript Fee||500||–||–||–|
|Provisional Certificate Fee||400||–||–||–|
|Student Welfare Fund||500||–||–||–|
|Total of One Time Fees (A)||7600||–||–||–|
|Tuition Fee – Statutory fees||100000||100000||100000||100000|
|Students Benevolent Fund||500||500||500||500|
|Electricity and Water Charges||3000||3000||3000||3000|
|Hostel Establishment Charges||3000||3000||3000||3000|
|Mess Establishment Charges||1500||1500||1500||1500|
|Student Accident Insurance Fund (SAIF)||200||200||200||200|
|Total of Per Semester Fees (B)||114000||114000||114000||114000|
|Institute Security Deposits||1000||–||–||–|
|Library Security Deposits||1000||–||–||–|
|Mess Security Deposits||1000||–||–||–|
|Total of Refundable Deposits (C)||3000||–||–||–|
|Grand Total (A+ B+ C)||1,24,600||1,14,000||1,14,000||1,14,000|
- Courses Offered at NIT Rourkela through JEE Main
- NIT Surathkal Cut Off for JEE Main
- How to Score 250+ in JEE Main?
IIT Bombay Fee Structure for International Students
IIT Bombay Fee Structure is different for both national and foreign candidates. IIT Bombay Fee Structure for the foreign candidates are mentioned in the table given below:
|Particulars||Fees (In INR)|
|Per Semester Fees||3,14,000|
- JEE Main Cut off for B. Tech Specialization at NIT Jamshedpur
- How is NIT Jalandhar Dealing With COVID-19 Situation?
IIT Bombay Fee Scholarships and Waivers
IIT Bombay offers various scholarships to the students on the basis of their financial conditions, a category they belong to and their merit-based performance. Government and Private institutes offer financial aids for the education of disadvantaged students.
- Academic Merit and annual income of the family are the parameters which are considered for merit-cum-means scholarships.
- Some scholarships are awarded on the basis of JEE Advanced All India Rank.
- The students whose parents’ annual gross income is less than INR 5,00,000 are awarded Merit-cum-means scholarships.
- All the eligible women candidates are provided INR 10,000 every year under the Merit-cum-means scholarships.
- SC and ST category students are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Also, the National Talent Search Scholarship (NTSE) and National Scholarships (All States) are awarded to UG Students.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021 Will Be Conducted In More Regional Languages, Says Education Minister
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 Counselling Released By JoSAA; Check Details
- JoSAA Releases Updated Instructions For Online Verification & Change of Willingness
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Second Mock Seat Allotment Released, Registrations End Tomorrow
- Candidates Will Get Another Chance Directly in JEE Advanced 2021 Due To COVID-19
How to pay IIT Bombay Fees?
The fees for the B.Tech course can be paid online on the official website of IIT Bombay. Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned points to make payment for IIT Bombay fees:
Mode of Payment
- Students may pay the fees through any of the given options:
- Canara Bank Net Banking
- Online SBI Internet Banking
- PayU Payment Gateways
- The fees in cash will be accepted only for foreign or external students or the students with bank loans or any other sponsorships where the scholarship amount is received through a cheque or draft in the name of “The Registrar, IIT Bombay”.
- To use online SBI banking, students must have an online facility for SBI account, and then log in via asc.iitb.ac.in and follow the online payment link to process the payment. SBI IIT Powai Branch.
For all B.Tech Students
|Name of Bank||State Bank of India|
|Name of Beneficiary||Registrar, IIT Bombay|
Instructions for IIT Bombay Fees Payment
- Students who are under the SC / ST / PwD category are exempted from the payment of any Tuition Fees.
- Candidates will be responsible for ensuring that their account has enough balance for remittance of their semester fees, and any cheques/drafts deposited for this purpose have cleared before fee payment is authorized online via asc.iitb.ac.in.
- The candidate/student can collect the payment details (UTR number) from the bank and should email his/her name, student roll no. and UTR number to [[email protected] while keeping in CC to [email protected], [email protected] & [email protected]) for the reconciliation of fees.
- Candidates/Students who wish to receive fee receipt should send a request mail to [email protected] After receipt of the email, a cash section will confirm the receipt of payment and then send a scanned copy of the signed fee receipt to the concerned candidates/student’s registered email id.
- Concerned candidates are required to request the bank or sponsoring agency to transfer the loan/fees amount directly to the student’s account. This will enable the student to make payment to IIT Bombay through an online payment gateway. In this way, fee receipt will be generated automatically and any delay can be avoided.
- Complete details on fee payment (Autumn Semester) can be found here.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, certain charges such as hostel rent, mess advanced are optional and need to be paid by only those students who opt to stay at the campus.
- The above information is subject to changes by IIT Bombay authorities. For detailed information and exact data on IIT Bombay Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.