Home » Posts tagged 'IIIT Ranchi'
Tag Archives: IIIT Ranchi
Last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 11:58 am
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Ranchi is one of the reputed IIITs in the country. The institute is one of the newly established IIITs in India which was established in the year 2019 by MHRD, Government of India. The college is currently being mentored by National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (NITJSR).
- The institution was established by the government of India in Public-Private Partnership along with industry partners – Tata Motors (5%), TCS (5%), and Central Coalfield Limited (5%).
- This institute is currently operating from a temporary campus in Ranchi and offers B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD programmes. The permanent campus is proposed to begin in 2021.
- Admissions to these courses are offered on the basis of the national level entrance JEE Main.
It offers many facilities to the candidates like the central library, sports facilities, placement opportunities, hostel facility, health care facilities, etc.
IIIT Ranchi Highlights
|Recognized by||UGC, AICTE|
|Year of establishment||2016|
|Type of College||Autonomous College|
|Type of Programs||UG, PG and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main and 10+2 scores (for B.Tech)|
|Entrance Exams||JEE Main, GATE, UGC/ICSR – NET|
IIIT Ranchi: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi offers a variety of courses under different specializations. The core programmes at IIIT Ranchi are its undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The admission procedure for B.Tech courses is the same as other IIITs and JoSAA participating institutions i.e. via seat allocation by JoSAA Counselling.
IIIT Ranchi: B.Tech Courses Offered
Currently, IIIT Ranchi offers two undergraduate B.Tech (Honors) specializations-
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
- The candidates who passed 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 75% of marks in aggregate from a recognized board are eligible for admission at IIIT Ranchi.
- In addition to this, to get admission at IIIT Ranchi, candidates have to qualify JEE Main too.
- Final admission will be done through JoSAA counselling. Candidates after clearing JEE Main have to apply for JoSAA through online mode and select the IIIT Ranchi as their choice.
- In order to get the admission in B.Tech program, the candidates are required to qualify JEE Main examination by clearing the JEE Main Cut Off for B.Tech.
- Students are required to secure marks equal to or more than the minimum qualifying marks.
- After this, the candidates who qualify the JEE Main paper would find their names in the merit list for the purpose of admission.
- Qualified candidates are then required to take part in counselling conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) to get the allotted seats in IIIT Ranchi.
IIIT Ranchi Cut Off For Top B.Tech Courses
The two B. Tech courses at the college have increased their closing cut off ranks much higher due to less competition. Aspiring students can get admissions at a rank above 30,000 also. Given below are general category cut off ranks from round 7 of counselling.
|Courses||Cut Off Ranks 2019||Cut Off Ranks 2018|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||24946-31909||19420-23576|
|B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||29890-37263||23677-27080|
Study At IIIT Ranchi During COVID-19
IIIT Ranchi has launched the initiative of e-learning in the middle of global COVID-19 pandemic. One-to-one face classroom teaching has been scrapped for the entire year.
- The institute has started the online teaching program platforms for the rest of the semesters.
- It has released a notice regarding the evaluation of Autumn semester for students. The evaluation will be done by faculty members and past performance of students.
- Visual seminars and workshops have been started by the institute which aimed at encouraging students to take part in such activities on numerous topics like physics, engineering, biology and humanities.
- Virtual seminar series has been started by IIIT Ranchi that covers several topics and are designed to make it more accessible to more audiences.
- Online learning helps students to get learning in a variety of contexts, locations, and times.
Why Should You Choose IIIT Ranchi?
IIIT Ranchi offers courses which are flexible and the project-based teaching methodology is used in the college. The Master courses are also updated as per industry standards, with Tata being a 10% industry partner of the college.
- It’s campus is lush green and offers the best learning experience to the students. The institute has a ragging free campus.
- The institute has well experienced and highly qualified faculty who are highly skilled in their respective fields.
- The main focus is laid on the academic excellence of the students at IIIT Ranchi campus. The institute provides industrial practices also.
- It has a central placement cell which trains students for the various recruitment drives and interview sessions.
IIIT Ranchi Cut Off 2019 For B.Tech Specializations
Tabulated below are IIIT Ranchi Cut Off 2019 for different B.Tech courses at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi. The cut off ranks are from official JoSAA Round 7, with opening and closing ranks.
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
|Category||Cut Off Ranks (OR-CR)|
Also Read About
IIIT Ranchi: Reservations
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for the allotment of seats through JEE Main at various courses at different IITs all over the country. As per the reservation criteria, the following reservation is provided at IIIT Ranchi-
- 24 seats (over and above sanctioned intake) are reserved for foreign and other category students.
- Out of 131 seats, 16 seats are reserved for female candidates, with 8 in each specialization.
- There is no home state quota in IIIT Ranchi.
- IIIT Lucknow: Admission Process, Fees, Cut Off and More
- IIITM Gwalior: Admission Process, Fees, Cut Off and More
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Faculty at IIIT Ranchi
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi has highly qualified and well qualified faculty members who are highly skilled in their respective fields.
- The institute has large and diverse faculty members which consist of 90 members.
- Most of them are PhD scholars in their respective fields.
- Each faculty member from every department acts as an excellent mentor and guides students in every possible way.
Each staff member is being conferred with multiple awards at the national and international level. The faculty members of IIIT Ranchi consist of dean, professors, assistant professors, and other ad hoc faculties.
Various Facilities Provided At IIIT Ranchi
IIIT Ranchi is one of the leading technical and eminent institutes of the country. The institute offers many facilities to the students and is known for its excellent placement records and has highly qualified faculty. Some of the facilities provided by the institute are:
- Hostel Facility: The institute offers separate hostels for both boys and girls in the campus. There are various facilities available at the hostel like fresh drinking water, 24*7 security, canteen area, sports, gym, etc.
- Banks and ATMs: IIT Ranchi also has a bank and ATM in the campus itself.
On the other hand, IIIT Ranchi is being mentored by NIT Jamshedpur. The facilities provided at the temporary campus are top-notch laboratories and library facilities, which have been set directly by the management of NIT Jamshedpur.
IIIT Ranchi Scholarships
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Ranchi offers various scholarships to the students. Some of the scholarships are mentioned below:
- NTPC Scholarship
- ONGC Scholarship for SC/ST Students: The scholarship is especially given to the students who belong to reserved categories like SC/ST.
- SAIL Scholarship for SC/ST Students: The students of SC/ST Categories who are excellent in studies and have good academic records are eligible to avail this scholarship.
- National Scholarship for Persons with disabilities: The students of PwD category are eligible to avail this scholarship.
- Post Matric Scholarship for Minority
- Students can also avail loan facilities which are available at very low-interest rates.
IIIT Ranchi: Placement Report
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi is one of the most eminent and reputed engineering colleges of the country located in Ranchi which was founded in the year 2016.
It is one of the newly established IIITs in India which was established in the year 2016. The first batch of IIITR has not graduated yet and hence, do not have any placement record. The placement information regarding the first placement session will be updated as soon as the placement process begins in the college.
Fee Structure For B.Tech At IIIT Ranchi
Given below is the fee structure at IIIT Ranchi for all categories. There is no exemption in any fees for SC/ST students. However, students might get a waiver in tuition fees in 3rd or 4th year.
|One Time Fees||Rs. 10,000|
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 90,000|
|Caution Money||Rs. 2,000|
|Other Fees||Rs. 10,500|
|Hostel Fees||Rs. 31,000|
- Hostel Mess Advanced is to be paid for INR 16,000
- The JoSAA seat acceptance fees will be adjusted in first semester fees.
- What Various Scholarships Are Offered by IIIT Kalyani?
- IIIT Bhagalpur: B. Tech Admission Process and Cut Off
IIIT Ranchi FAQs
Last updated on September 5th, 2020 at 11:25 am
Ans: IIIT Ranchi offers B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels respectively.