Home » Posts tagged 'IIIT Pune Admission Process'
Tag Archives: IIIT Pune Admission Process
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 11:28 am
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune, (IIIT Pune) spread over 100 acres in Nanoli Village, is one of the prestigious, autonomous institutes, also abbreviated as IIITP. It was established in the year 2016, by the Ministry of Human Resources Development along with the Government of India and some industry partners, but only as N-PPP institution, i.e. Not-for-Profit Public-Private Partnership Institution.
- The curriculum followed at IIIT Pune is highly versatile and detailed, almost rivalling the standard of other IIITs. The courses make sure that the students are well-versed in the syllabus and are understanding all of it – and not just learning it.
- IIIT Pune is currently functioning on a temporary campus, i.e. the campus of KJEI’s Trinity Academy of Engineering at the Bopdev Ghat’s foothills, in Yewalewadi, Pune.
- This campus is roughly located at a distance of 21 KM from Pune Airport, as well as at 14 KM from Pune Railway station and at 8.4 KM from Katraj Bus Stand.
IIIT Pune Highlights
If one just wants to know the highlights of the institute, without reading anything into detail about it, given below is a perfectly understandable and comprehensive table that highlights the features of IIITP.
|Name of Institute||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main|
Also Check Why Should One Opt for IIIT Hyderabad?
IIIT Pune: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
As for IIITP, the admission process requires the students to qualify JEE Main with proper scores and the further counselling that would ensue. Given below are details on the admission process.
IIIT Pune: B.Tech Courses Offered
Currently, IIITP offers admission in two B.Tech specializations-
- Computer Science and Engineering (150)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (75)
In total, both the courses have 225 seats available with 86 open seats.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- One who wishes to take admission in IIIT Pune needs to pass the JEE (Main) examination and
- Secure at least 75% marks in Class 12th or should be in top 20 percentile – category-wise – in their Class 12th board examination. As for the students belonging to the SC/ST/PwD, they need to score at least 65%.
- The admissions to the B.Tech course are done on the basis of the ranks the student will secure in JEE Main, including JoSAA Counseling and CSAB Special Round.
IIIT Pune Cut Off For Top B.Tech Courses
The opening and closing ranks of IIIT Pune have considered the cut offs for the college. The cut-offs are released amidst the seven rounds of JoSAA Counselling, conducted for all IIITs. Given below is are the IIIT Pune Cut Off for a general category-
|Course||2019 Cut Off (OR-CR)||2018 Cut Off (OR-CR)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||8786-23600||5135-32589|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||8424-29345||11643-22427|
Also Check JEE Main Cut Off for IIIT Delhi
IIIT Pune Academics amid COVID-19
IIIT Pune, in the middle of the COVID-19 Pandemic, is not ready to give up on their students and the new academic year.
- Since they don’t conduct separate entrance examinations for its UG and PG courses, the admissions of all of the levels will start together.
- As for this year, there was a considerable delay in exams, including that of JEE Main, and therefore the entire process was shifted into the near future.
- The classes at IIIT Pune are being conducted online, with regular classes after the summer vacations.
- IIIT Pune has ensured that the students and faculty members are constantly being educated on COVID-19 and motivated them to take part in research activities for the development of PPE Kits or other creative ideas.
- Also, IIIT Pune has actively come forward to rescue the migrants during this global pandemic. The institute has been providing them with jobs and whatever essential goods they’ll need, all thanks to the Director and the team.
Why Should One Choose IIIT Pune?
IIIT Pune is the hub of information technology, where anyone seeking good education can recognize how great they are. Not only does the institute provide the students with an excellent education, but there are also endless opportunities that it offers for the students. A wholesome development – that is guaranteed if you take admission in IIIT Pune.
- IIIT Pune Cut Off is much less compared to top NITs or top engineering colleges in India.
- The college placements are good compared to other IIITs as the college is situated in a city with a developed industry.
- IIIT Pune students and faculties have received various awards and achievements in national and international competitions.
- The best part about IIIT Pune is students are selected for internships at the top engineering colleges in India such as – IIT Kanpur, NIT Trichy, IIT Kharagpur, NIT Surathkal and many more.
IIIT Pune Cut Off 2019 For B.Tech Specializations
Given below are the IIIT Pune Cut Off for various B.Tech specializations, taken from the JoSAA Counselling Round 1 and Round 7. The round 1 will show the initial opening ranks for various categories, while round 7 will show the final cut off rank (closing rank) for different categories.
Computer Science and Engineering
|Categories||Round 7 Cut Off Ranks|
Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Categories||Round 7 Cut Off Ranks|
- Various Facilities Provided to B. Tech Candidates at IIITM Gwalior
- List of Top Recruiters & Placement Record at IIIT Guwahati
Faculty at IIIT Pune
The faculty of IIIT Pune is as competent as it is friendly and understanding. There is no way the branches will share just one set of teachers and therefore, the department of ECE has a set of teachers, whereas the department of CSE has another. Some of the faculty members are:-
|Faculty of ECE||Faculty of CSE|
|Dr Nagendra Kushwaha||Dr Ritu Tiwari|
|Dr Ranjith Nair||Dr Tanmoy Hazra|
|Dr Sandeep Mishra||Dr Bhupendra Singh|
|–||Dr Sanjeev Sharma|
|–||Dr Apoorva Mishra|
|–||Dr Rahul Dixit|
|–||Dr Darshan V Medhane|
- IIIT Bhopal: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Jabalpur: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
IIIT Pune Placements
As is the characteristics of every engineering and/or technology college, IIIT Pune provides great placements for the students at the end of their graduation.
- The college claims that around 70% of the students get placed every year and are seen working in a well-established MNC.
- Companies like Gojek, TCS, Persistent, Directi andeven Microsoft are every year’s recruiters of IIITP, where TCS and Persistent are seen as mass recruiters.
- The average of the packages of the students of IIIT Pune falls in the range of INR 9.20 LPA to INR 22 LPA, with the average placement percentage – as the college claims – stands at 76%.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
Various Facilities at IIIT Pune
IIIT Pune is a very active college, offering not only quality education for its students but also various facilities that will ultimately help them in their overall development.
- One of them is the hostel, characterized by large rooms, WiFi, gyms and indoor sports facilities and even a music club.
- The campus also has two private canteens around, both of which are clean and serve quality food.
- Along with that, there are student clubs’ including a coding club (Cypher), Web-Development (WorkHive), Robotics Club, Sports Club, Literature Club (ECLECTIC), DramaClub (Dramatics) and not to forget, Dance Club.
- Students can take part in any of the clubs or extracurricular activities that happen around – there are so many being conducted rather very frequently!
Fee Structure for B.Tech at IIIT Pune
A proper breakdown of the fee structure is given below, which one can check and use while choosing whether or not to take admission in IIIT Pune.
|Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|One Time Fees||₹2,000|
|Tuition Fee (per Year)||₹1,80,000|
|Other Fees (per Year)||₹47,500|
Hostel and Mess Charges
|Hostel Caution Money (One Time, Refundable)||₹5,000|
|Hostel Fee (per Year)||₹24,000|
|Mess Advance (per Semester)||₹20,000|
Scholarships at IIIT Pune
As the students would be happy to point out, the institute has amazingly good scholarships available, such as for those students who are economically backward and need some outside assistance, especially from the college.
- The scholarships sanctioned by the state government as well as the central government of India – as listed on the National Scholarship Portal – are all valid for the students wishing to apply here or are already studying here.
- If the student is from another state, that state’s scholarships can also be applied for in IIIT Pune. Bank loans are also included in this.
While only one of the scholarships can be availed by the students, it is just perfectly amazing to have so many options for the students – and this is exactly what makes Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune one of the best educational institutes ever.
IIIT Pune FAQs
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:56 am
Ans. IIIT Pune is a private university.
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:56 am
Ans. IIIT Pune offers two specializations under their B. Tech Programme. The names of which are – Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) and Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE).
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:57 am
Ans. Candidates are urged to pass the JEE Main cut-off and are supposed to go through JOSAA Counselling. Only after this will they be considered to be included in the B. Tech Programme.
Last updated on September 7th, 2020 at 10:58 am
Ans. Yes, IIIT Pune readily provides internships opportunities to the students, which are not only relevant to their education, but which would also give them real insight in the corporate world they will be working in later in their lives.