Home » Posts tagged 'GKV Haridwar'
Tag Archives: GKV Haridwar
Last updated on September 16th, 2020 at 06:45 pm
GKV Haridwar, or Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, is a college situated in the City of Haridwar. The college is founded upon the ancient Indian Vedic System of Gurukulas and aims at inculcating a Vedic tradition into education.
Located in Uttarakhand, around 200 km away from the capital state of Delhi, the college is situated nearby all the local transport facilities and other attractions. Established in 1902 by Sanyasi Swami Shraddhanand, the university has a very elaborate and vivid history of more than a century. It is a deemed university fully funded by the UGC.
- The most popular course at GKV Haridwar is B.Tech.
- Several different courses from Engineering, Arts, Life Sciences are available at the college.
- Most Fortune 500 companies seek talent from Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya.
- At GKV Haridwar, admission is done through JEE Main for B.Tech.
GKV Haridwar Highlights
|Type of University||Public|
|Type of Programs||Diploma, UG, PG, and PhD|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main/JoSAA/CSAB/10+2 (for B.Tech)|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main|
GKV Haridwar: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
Admission for B.Tech at Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar via JEE Main is a simple process handled through JEE Main Counselling. The Engineering Department of GKV is very well established with a very well equipped laboratory, excellent infrastructure, and other great facilities as well. Read below to find out more about the GKV Number of Seats, Admission through JEE Main, GKV B.Tech Specializations, and more.
GKV B.Tech Courses Offered and Number of Seats
|Branch||Seats (Including EWS)|
|Electronics and Communications Engineering||115|
|Computer Science Engineering||115|
Eligibility for B.Tech
For admission to B.Tech courses at GKV Haridwar,
- Candidates must have passed 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects from any recognized board.
- The candidate also must have cleared JEE Main Cut Off
Also Read | Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main
GKV Haridwar: Admission Process for B.Tech
- Admission is done strictly on the basis of merit obtained in JEE Main and by rules set by CSAB /JoSAA.
- You will have to apply via the official website at https://www.gkv.ac.in/
- Fill up all relevant details and appear for counselling on the allotted date & time.
- You have to attend counselling with all original documents including – 10+2 Mark Sheets & Certificates, Migration Certificate, Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate, Reservation Certificate(If Applicable), Score Card & Admit Card of JEE Main
- After the seat is allotted, you have to complete the rest of the formalities including paying the fee, submission of documents etc.
- Once a seat is allocated you have the option of upgrading to the preferred branch if seats open up.
- You can also apply for B.Tech Direct Entry into the second year.
- The eligibility for direct entry is Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 50% or B.Sc with Mathematics as a subject and minimum 60%
- There is a 5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
GKV Haridwar Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
JEE Main cut offs for Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar B.Tech courses are quite high, as it is one of India’s most reputed universities. The College Faculty, Administration and other facilities are also on par with some of the best colleges and universities in India.
|Electronics and Communications Engineering||31545-49832||46800-57305||45808-54476|
|Computer Science Engineering||33629-43501||33883-48067||32560-45610|
Check Out | IIT Kharagpur Cut Off
Study At GKV Haridwar During COVID-19
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar has also gone into lockdown abiding government orders and considering students’ safety.
- The regular academic session is on pause due to the situation.
- GKV Haridwar has provided alternatives like online classes to cope with the situation and help students stay in touch with the curriculum.
- The authorities have also taken measures to conduct sessional exams through Google Classrooms.
- Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar has taken steps to encourage students to adapt with e-learning and has also conducted sessions to help with the same.
Why Choose Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar?
GKV Haridwar is one of the best engineering colleges in the state of Uttarakhand. Situated around 200 km from the Capital City of Delhi, Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar is also a deemed University.
- The university takes the culture and traditions of India very seriously and seeks to inculcate this knowledge into modern educational practices.
- Being a deemed University offers many advantages to the students of GKV, as each department can set their own syllabus matching International standards.
- The university offers excellent infrastructure for the ease-of-learning of the students.
- The assessment of the papers is also done faster than in other universities.
- Besides these advantages, the college also has a very excellent placement cell that ensures employment to all the students of any branch.
- The classes have also been moved online for the time being, with further instructions regarding practicals pending decision.
GKV Haridwar Cut Off 2019 For B.Tech Specializations
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar offers 4 specialisations in the field of engineering, namely Electronics and Communications Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. There are reservations as per government norms and rules. Here are the branch-wise cut offs for the year 2019 so that you can get an idea of the admission process at GKV Haridwar.
Computer Science Engineering
|Category||Cut Off (OR-CR)|
|Category||Cut Off (OR-CR)|
Electronics and Communications Engineering
|Category||Cut Off (OR-CR)|
|Category||Cut Off (OR-CR)|
Check Out | JEE Main Cut Off for Top NITs
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
GKV Haridwar: Reservation Through JEE Main Counselling
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar also offers reservations based on government norms and policies of JoSAA. Aside from these, the institute also offers seats on the basis of the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS) which offers seats to the students from J&K.
|Category||Reservation of Seats(In Percentage)|
|PwD||5% vertical reservation|
Read More | JoSAA 2020 Counselling
Faculty at GKV Haridwar
The faculty at Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya is outstanding. Some of the state’s most eminent citizens of India have been a part of GKV Haridwar. Notable, the Chancellor of GKV, Dr Satya Pal Singh, is a former minister of Human Resource Development as well as being a former Police Commissioner of Mumbai. As of now, he is an MP representing the Baghpat constituency in Uttar Pradesh.
- The faculty of GKV is highly trained and very well qualified.
- Since GKV Haridwar is affiliated to the UGC, the faculty is hired to match the highest standards.
- The professors all have cleared NET/SET, and many have completed their PhDs from well-established universities.
Various Facilities Provided at GKV Haridwar Campus
Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya has a lot of facilities for the students. The campus is boys only, and there is a separate campus for girls.
- Each department has a well-equipped lab and a Library as per its requirements.
- Other facilities include an Archaeological Museum, Digital Library with several journal subscriptions, Computer Lab, Wifi for students, Libnet.
- Most Departments also have a Seminar Hall, other sports facilities.
- The campus also has a well-equipped gym that is accessible to all the students.
- The hostel facility at GKV Haridwar is also very good. The hostels are clean, well furnished, and organized. The rooms are allotted based on merit and first come first serve basis.
- The canteen at the Hostel also serves delicious, nutritious Indian food. The Canteen also adheres to very strict hygiene standards.
- Various sports facilities for Basketball, Lawn Tennis, Athletics, etc. are available.
Also Check | IIIT Delhi: Top B.Tech Courses, Cut Offs and More
GKV Haridwar: Placement Report
GKV Haridwar has a corporate affairs and outreach cell that takes care of the placements.
- The university is accredited by TCS.
- Total number of students placed in 2019-20 placement session is 153
- Most of the fortune 500 companies also hire students from GKV Haridwar. Some of the most prominent recruiters from the college are as follows –
TCS Digital, TCS Ninja, Sopra Interia, Daffodil, CHC Consulting, Newgen, Syscom Infotech, Goteso, Cognizant, Global Logic, Ceasefire, Kellton Tech, Kloudrac Software, Rubico IT, Effectual Services, Anchor, Panasonic, Gold Plus, Evex India, Godrej, Boyce, CDH, JK Technosoft, Extramarks/CDH
Here are the placement statistics for the 2019-20 session.
|Average Salary Package||3 LPA|
|Number of Companies Attended||97|
The institute offers several different scholarships under various schemes.
- The Scholarship Cell has been constituted at GKV Haridwar to take care of all the scholarships that are provided by the state government from where the candidates belong.
- The Hostel fee for the candidates from SC/ST is reduced to INR 8,000 instead of INR 12,000 and other fee particulars remain the same as general category candidates.
Read More | Scholarships at MNIT Jaipur
Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses offered at GKV Haridwar
Here is the annual fee for B.Tech at GKV Haridwar –
|Category||Fee (in Rupees)|
|Tuition Fee||90,500 / Annum|
|Hostel Fee||12,000 / Annum|
|Security Fee||5,000 (Refundable)|
|Bus Fee||4,000 / Annum|
|Mess Charges||24,000 (Variable)|
- The hostel fees include the rent, electricity as well as water charges
- Mess charges may vary based on actual expenditure.
- The hostel fee is reduced to INR 8,000 for SC/ST candidates.
- Fees to be paid in single installment through DD at the start of Academic Year
- For Direct Admission, candidates will have to pay INR 83,950 at the start of the academic year.
Check Out the Fee Structure for IIIT Bangalore
GKV Haridwar FAQ’s
Last updated on September 16th, 2020 at 05:13 pm
A.The minimum eligibility for admission at GKV Haridwar is as follows –
- Are Male Candidates
- Cleared 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as compulsory subjects, as well as having either Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational Subject from a board recognized by the Government of India/Board of Studies/From a foreign board/ or as per eligibility set by the CSAB or JoSAA.
- AIR of JEE – Mains
Last updated on September 16th, 2020 at 05:14 pm
A. The only way to get admission at GKV Haridwar is through their official website. The candidates have to fill the online registration form available on the official website and upload all their documents, following which they will be called for the counselling process.
Last updated on September 16th, 2020 at 05:15 pm
A. The merit lists will be displayed on the official website of GKV Haridwar. The Merit List for selected candidates will also be displayed at the Notice Board on the Registrar’s Office, and the Faculty of Engineering & tech. There will not be any communication regarding the same.
Last updated on September 16th, 2020 at 05:16 pm
A. Yes, it is possible to change branches to a preferred one after the first year. The allotment will be done based on the JEE Main score as well as the merit of the first year. It is dependent on the availability of seats in the specified branch, ie. 5% of the intake and vacant seats in the second year.
Last updated on September 16th, 2020 at 05:17 pm
A. GKV Haridwar has a very strict policy towards ragging. Each student has to submit an affidavit stating that they will not engage in Ragging. If a candidate is found to be guilty of Ragging, they are liable to be disciplined as per the rules of the institution. The guilty party is also liable to be expelled from the college.