Home » Posts tagged 'Delhi Technical University (DTU)'
Tag Archives: Delhi Technical University (DTU)
Last updated on March 22nd, 2021 at 08:00 pm
Delhi Technological University (DTU), formerly known as Delhi college of Engineering, is one of the leading universities in India.
- It is ranked 1st in Times Engineering survey and 9th in India Today Best Engineering college in 2020.
- At present, it offers B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Des, MBA, PH.D courses with various specializations.
- It also offers BA (honors) in Economics and BBA courses by its campus named University School of Management and Entrepreneurship (USME).
- IIT Tirupati Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
- NIT Calicut: Admission via JEE Advanced, Placements, Cut Off, Fees and More
DTU Admission Highlights
|Name Of the University||Delhi Technological University (DTU)|
|University Type||Non-Affiliating Technical-cum-Research University|
|Basic Admission criteria||B.Tech: JEE MainPh.D.: Screening Test and Interview|
|Application Mode||B.Tech/ BA (H) Economics/ BBA/ MBA: OnlinePh.D./ B.Tech (Evening)/ EMBA: Offline|
|Counselling||Joint Admission Counselling (JAC)|
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
Eligibility For B.Tech
The basic eligibility criteria for admission to B.Tech course is – Intermediate(10+2) with at least 60% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with English as one of the main subjects from a recognized board.
B.Tech Courses Offered
Delhi Technological University (DTU) offers a full time B.Tech course with specialisation in 15 fields.
|Course Name||Specialisation||Seats||Selection criteria|
|B.Tech.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||185||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Computer Engineering||362||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Mechanical Engineering||186||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Electrical Engineering||140||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Production and Industrial Engineering||48||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Civil Engineering||122||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Environmental Engineering||62||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Polymer Science and Chemical Technology||62||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Information Technology||122||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Bio-Technology||34||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Software Engineering||94||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||95||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Automotive Engineering||94||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Engineering Physics||95||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech.||Mathematics and Computing||95||Score in JEE Main followed by Joint Counselling|
|B.Tech (Evening/ Lateral)||Electronics & Communication Engineering||–||On the basis of Entrance Test (CEE) conducted by DTU|
|B.Tech (Evening/ Lateral)||Mechanical Engineering||–||On the basis of Entrance Test (CEE) conducted by DTU|
|B.Tech (Evening/ Lateral)||Electrical Engineering||–||On the basis of Entrance Test (CEE) conducted by DTU|
|B.Tech (Evening/ Lateral)||Civil Engineering||–||On the basis of Entrance Test (CEE) conducted by DTU|
|B.Tech (Evening/ Lateral)||Information Technology||–||On the basis of Entrance Test (CEE) conducted by DTU|
- University of Hyderabad Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- PEC Pondicherry: Admissions via JEE Main, Fees, Cut-Offs and more
DTU Cut Offs For Top B.Tech Courses
|Courses||Home State||Other State|
|B.Tech Environmental Engineering||0-6127||0-32863|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||0-5375||0-27702|
|B.Tech Computer Engineering||0-1418||0-5896|
|B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||0-2932||0-14863|
|B.Tech Electrical Engineering||0-4107||0-22529|
|B.Tech Software Engineering||0-2273||0-10013|
|B.Tech Automotive Engineering||0-4944||0-23231|
|B.Tech Engineering Physics||0-4298||0-28400|
|B.Tech Information Technology||0-1916||0-7985|
|B.Tech Mathematics and Computing||0-2599||0-12072|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||0-4790||0-19703|
|B.Tech Polymer Science & Chemical Technology||0-6852||0-32137|
|B.Tech Industrial & Production Engineering||0-6244||0-30139|
- IIT Ropar: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Placements, Scholarships and More
- NIT Jalandhar Cut Off for JEE Main
Why Choose DTU for B.Tech?
- Delhi Technological University is one of the Top Engineering Institutes and consistently occupies top position in various surveys like NIRF and India Today.
- It offers a variety of courses to students.
- It provides the highest number of placements to students with students getting good placement at top companies like amazon, google etc.
- The faculty in the institute is also good. Student to Faculty ratio is about 12:1 which makes it easier for students to reach out their respective faculty members and HoDs.
- Various multinational companies also visit the institute for placements and internships.
Facilities Offered at DTU
- Library: DTU Library is a three-storied centrally air-conditioned spread over an area of 5000 Sq. meters. It also has a conference hall with a capacity of 150 people and a reading room for 300 people. It has a rich set of books collection with almost 1,23,978 books in the main library, 52,700 in General book bank, 9,057 in SCP Book Bank and 2085 received through donation.
- Health Services: It has a fully-fledged 20-bed hospital block. The Services of two medical practitioners are available to the students. It also invites special medical practitioners for ENT, eye, dental care, etc., once a week.
- EDUSAT Studio: DTU is one of the AICTE EDUSAT Base network centers where expert’s lectures and programs related to engineering, science, etc. are conducted.
- Sports: DTU has provided the best of the facilities in sports and games for its students. It has special dedicated courts for almost all of the major games.
- Gymnasium: DTU has ultramodern gymnasium with high-tech equipment.
- Assam University: Admission Via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees and More
- SPA Vijayawada: UG Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fees, Scholarships
Placements at DTU
DTU offers the highest number of placements with students getting good placement in top companies. It is ranked no.1 in placement category by outlook India.
|Highest International Package||INR 1.02 Cr.|
|Highest Domestic Package||INR 39 LPA|
|Highest M.Tech Package||INR 17.14 LPA|
|Highest MBA Package||INR 12 LPA|
|Course||Name of Department||No. of offer made||Student placed||Highest CTC(in LPA)|
|B.Tech||Electronics and Communication Engineering||157||125||39|
|B.Tech||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||76||61||20.33|
|B.Tech||Mathematics and Computing||93||70||39|
|B.Tech||Polymer Science and Chemical Technology||32||27||14|
|B.Tech||Production and Industrial Engineering||24||20||18|
|B.Tech||Software Engineering||94||75||1.02 cr.|
|SanDisk||BCG (The Boston consulting group)|
|Bain and Company||Apple|
- IIT Jodhpur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- MNIT Jaipur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Rank
Scholarships Offered at DTU
The University of Delhi gives scholarships to the DTU students. Some of them are;
- Pandit Man Mohan Nath Dhar Scholarship for undergraduate financially weak students
- Inder Kohli and Anand Kohli Scholarships to the students passing Senior Secondary School Examination with first division marks
- Madan Mohan Krishna Kaul Scholarships for the students enrolling their names in B.E Electronics/Electricals/Mechanical and Civil first-year courses.
- Smt. Savitri Agnihotri Scholarships for those who join the 1st-degree program in any one of the Faculty of Technology branches.
- IIIT Pune Cut Off for JEE Main
- IIIT Naya Raipur: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure, Placements and More
Fees structure for B.Tech in DTU
The fees structure in DTU for B.Tech is given below
|Particulars||1st-year fee (In INR)||2nd-year fee (In INR)||3rd-year fee (In INR)||4th-year fee (In INR)|
|Student Welfare fee||20,000||20,000||20,000||20,000|
|Facilities & Services Charges||28,000||35,000||35,000||36,000|
|Economically weaker section fund||5,000||5,000||5,000||7,000|
|Premium amount for Medi-claim of the student (annually)||500||500||500||700|
Being one of the top engineering colleges of the country, the institute provides quality education to the students along with 100% placement and internship opportunities. Admissions are made on the basis of JEE Main Scores. Candidates have to apply for JoSAA Counselling later on.
Delhi Technological University FAQs
- Which entrance test is conducted for admission to DTU?
Ans: DTU accepts the scores of JEE Main for admission in the B.Tech course at the institute.
- Mention some of the top recruiters.
Ans: Some of the top recruiters are Samsung, HCL, Bain and Company, Texas, etc.
- What is the total fee of the 1st Year of B.Tech?
Ans: The total fee of first year is INR 1,66,000.
- Is there any reservation in the seats for OBC, SC, ST or EWS Category candidates?
Ans: Yes, Some seats are reserved for the students belonging to reserved category candidates.