Home » Posts tagged 'Best Books for JEE Main Preparation'
Tag Archives: Best Books for JEE Main Preparation
Last updated on August 27th, 2020 at 03:14 pm
JEE Main Books: Graduating from IITs open opportunities globally for the candidates with excellent packages. But these amazing opportunities do not come easy. The way to IIT is divided into two phases- the first is JEE Main and the second phase is JEE Advanced. Preparation for JEE Main is the first step to get into IIT and many other institutions and it is an arduous task. Many aspirants get puzzled in picking up the right JEE Main books for preparation. It is very important to pick the best JEE Main books for 2020. This is because they play a crucial role when it comes to preparing for this esteemed exam.
Candidates must do their JEE Main preparation with a strong strategy. If you choose the right sources and tips for JEE Main Preparation for, you have already won half of the battle. Here, we have enlisted some JEE Main books that will give an idea of the expected questions in JEE Main. Also, we have discussed how to use the JEE Main books to be properly prepared for the examination.
- Firstly, always go for the latest editions of the JEE Main books.
- Secondly, ensure that the JEE Main books that you buy, follow the latest JEE Main Exam Pattern.
- Thirdly, ensure that the books of JEE Main that you refer follow the latest JEE exam syllabus.
- Lastly, make sure some sample papers/unsolved papers are included in the reference books of JEE Main.
- If you prefer reading on a tablet, download JEE Main Books’ PDFs. These are downloadable from various websites.
JEE Main Books for Preparation
Aspirants can choose any JEE Main book as per their preference to cover subjects in the JEE Main 2020 Syllabus. Here, we have enlisted subject-wise JEE Main best books to help you to prepare for the exam.
JEE Main Books for Physics Preparations
One needs to maintain a perfect balance between theoretical concepts and practical problems. Also, they need to be thorough with the theory portions to be able to put them into applications. These are the JEE Main best books to prepare for JEE Main Physics:
|Sl. No.||Books Name||Author/ Publisher|
|1.||Physics Class XI & XII||NCERT|
|2.||Exemplar Problems: Solutions Physics||NCERT|
|3.||Physics||H C Verma|
|4.||Physics Vol-1 and Vol-2 by for theory and non-trivial problems||Resnick Halliday|
|5.||Concept of Physics Vol – 1 & Vol 2||H C Verma|
|6.||Understanding Physics (Arihant Publications): Set Books for
||D C Pandey|
|7.||Concepts of Modern Physics (SIE)||Arthur, Sobita Mahajan & S. Rai|
|8.||Problems on General Physics||I E Irodov|
JEE Main Books for Chemistry Preparations
These are some suggestions for JEE Main Chemistry best books by toppers of the exam. But, it is advisable to read them only after you have covered a considerable part of NCERT textbooks. Given below are the JEE Main books for the 3 sub-sections of JEE Main Chemistry.
|Sl. No.||Name of Books||Author/Publisher|
|1.||Organic Chemistry Volume I||I L Finar|
|2.||Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|3.||Organic Chemistry||O P Tandon|
|4.||Organic Chemistry||Arihant Prakashan|
|5.||Concept of Organic Chemistry||M S Chauhan|
|7.||Organic Chemistry||Peter Sykes|
|8.||Organic Chemistry||Paula Bruice Yurkanis|
|Sl. No.||Name of Books||Author/Publisher|
|1.||Inorganic Chemistry||O P Tandon|
|2.||Inorganic Chemistry||J D Lee|
|3.||NCERT Books for Class XI & XII||–|
|Sl. No.||Name of Books||Author/Publisher|
|1.||Physical Chemistry||P W Atkins|
|2.||Physical Chemistry||O P Tandon|
|3.||Numerical Chemistry||P. Bahadur (G R Bathla & Sons)|
|4.||Numerical Chemistry||R C Mukherjee|
|5.||University Chemistry||Bruce H. Mahan|
|7.||Chemistry XI and XII||NCERT|
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee: This book will focus on understanding the basics rather than cram it.
- Textbook by OP Tondon – a great book for solving numeric problems.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee – This book will help ace the numeric problems in Physical Chemistry.
- Numerical Chemistry 22/e by P Bahadur – Several top rankers recommend this book for all types of numerical questions in Chemistry.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Released on Jeemain.nic.in. Download Now
- JEE Main 2020 Day 1: Check Exam Updates and JEE Main Paper Analysis
- Registrations For JoSAA Counselling To Begin From 6th October
- Check JEE Main Participating Colleges
- JEE Advanced 2020: Revised Schedule Released, Registration Starts from 11 September
JEE Main Books for Mathematics Preparation
You need to be thorough with the concepts, theorems, and important formulae before practicing the difficult questions in Mathematics. Here are the JEE Main books for Mathematics.
|Sl. No.||JEE Main Books||Author/Publisher|
|1.||Maths XI & XII||NCERT|
|2.||Higher Algebra||Hall Knight|
|4.||Coordinate Geometry||S. L. Loney|
|5.||Problems in Calculus of One variable||I A Maron|
|6.||Differential Calculus||Arihant Publications|
|7.||Integral Calculus||Arihant Publications|
|8.||Trigonometry||S. L. Loney|
|9.||Complete Mathematics for JEE Main||Tata McGraw Hill|
|10.||New Pattern Mathematics for JEE Main/Advanced||Arihant Publications|
What are the JEE Main books best for?
Choosing the books of JEE Main can be a very strenuous work. The following section will help you with the books relevant for different topics in all the three subjects.
JEE Main Books for Physics
|Sl. No.||Book Name||Best for|
|1.||Concepts of Physics Vol 1 and Vol 2 By H C Verma||Quality Problems on all topics|
|2.||Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker||For theory and Non- trivial Problems|
|3.||Understanding Physics by D C Pandey (Arihant Publications): Set Books for
||Explanation, Derivation, and Question set of Quality Solved/Unsolved problems. Best MCQ Book for JEE Main Physics.|
|4.||Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov||Practicing Problems|
|5.||Understanding Physics by Freedman and Young||Explanation for the theory of all topics|
|6.||Problems in Physics by SS Krotov||Practicing Problems|
|7.||Problems and Solutions of Physics by Shashi Bhushan Tiwari||For Practicing Problems and study detailed solutions|
JEE Main Books for Chemistry
|Sl. No.||Book||Best for|
|1.||NCERT Textbooks (Class XI and XII)||Direct questions from these books|
|2.||Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C Mukherjee||Numericals based on Physical Chemistry, Best MCQs Books for JEE Main Chemistry|
|3.||Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon||Vivid Explanation of the topics|
|4.||Concept of Physical Chemistry P Bahadur||Set of quality problems|
|5.||Concise organic chemistry by J D Lee||Best for reference|
|6.||Physical Chemistry by A.W Atkins||Helps in practice and revision|
|7.||Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd||Helps in practice and revision|
JEE Main Books for Mathematics
|SL. No.||Books||Best For|
|1.||Objective Mathematics for R D Sharma||Basics, Best MCQs for JEE Main Mathematics|
|2.||Plane Trigonometry by S L Loney||Trigonometry|
|3.||Algebra by Dr S K Goyal (Arihant Publications)||Algebra|
|4.||Play with Graphs by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)||Practice of Sums using graphs|
|5.||Differential Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)||Calculus|
|6.||Integral Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)||Calculus|
|7.||The Elements of Coordinate Geometry||Coordinate Geometry|
|8.||Complete Mathematics for JEE Main Tata Mcgraw Hill||Explanation of the topics|
JEE Main Books: Instructions to the Applicants
- Firstly, Stick to the JEE Main best books only and prepare accordingly.
- Next, do not go for too many books at one time.
- Third, make sure your books of EE Main have solved-unsolved sample papers and previous years question papers.
- Keep making notes as you go through the JEE Main books.
- Also, try pasting sticky notes at the end of the pages and jot down important details to revise better.
- Use a highlighter to mark the crucial points.
- Lastly, make sure you mark the important points and make notes in your second or third reading.
- Prefer using NCERT Textbooks available on the official website of NCERT. Books can be downloaded as PDFs or ePUB files.
- NCERT Books can be accessed on the official application named ‘ePathshala’. The app is available on the Google Play Store.
JEE Main Paper Analysis shows that the JEE Main exam is usually moderately difficult. With the right sources and preparations, candidates can ace their scores in JEE Main Exam easily.