Home » Posts tagged 'Assam University'
Tag Archives: Assam University
Last updated on September 29th, 2020 at 11:53 am
Assam University is a central government university which was established in 1994. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and doctoral degrees in various specializations. The institute has two campuses and the main campus is located at Dargakona near Silchar. It is one of the Government Funded Technical Institutions (GFTIs) which offers B.Tech admission through JEE Main followed by JoSAA counselling.
- The B.Tech specializations offered at Assam University are popular among engineering aspirants.
- Admission for B.Tech degree is based on JEE Main entrance examination.
- The institute has a vast and easy to reach the campus with all the latest facilities for the students.
- Students are offered the best quality education with excellent faculty support.
- The placement cell at Assam University is active and a good number of graduates get campus placements to the top recruiters in the field.
Assam University: Highlights
|Name of Institution||Assam University|
|Type of Institution||Government Funded Technical Institution (GFTI)|
|Year of Establishment||1994|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma and Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria for B.Tech||10+2 Marks & JEE Main Score|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Assam University: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
The B.Tech admissions at Assam University are majorly conducted through JEE Main. The institute also provides lateral entry admissions and admission through institute-level entrance exam for a smaller percentage of B.Tech seats. The course seat capacity for all three B.Tech specializations together is 168. For each course, about 12% of seats are Female Candidates only seats and the rest are gender-neutral.
B.Tech Courses Offered
Assam University offers a B.Tech program in three different specializations as follows;
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
Eligibility for B.Tech
To be eligible to apply for B.Tech programs at Assam University, the candidate should have;
- Passed 10+2, with a minimum aggregate percentage of 60% in Science Stream (PCM) from any recognized boards. For SC/ST candidates, only 55% of aggregate is required.
- Candidates should also have a valid score in JEE Main for the respective academic year with minimum JEE Main Cut Off.
- The lower age limit to apply for B.Tech at Assam University is 17 Years, and the upper age limit is 21 Years. For SC/ST candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed to 25 Years.
Admission Process for B.Tech
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is responsible for allotting candidates to available B.Tech seats in Assam University. Students who have appeared for JEE Main have to keep the following in mind while applying for B.Tech courses at this University.
- Students are only eligible to apply for seat allotment only if they qualify JEE Main.
- Students can choose as many colleges and institutions as they want in their applications, registering them in the decreasing order. Once finalized and locked, there will be no changes in the list you submitted.
- The process of seat allocation will be conducted in seven rounds after the application period is over. The students will then have to pay an acceptance fee, to accept the seat provisionally.
- Students should then visit the allotted JoSAA centre for the verification of documents.
Assam University Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
|Courses||All India||Home State|
|Computer Science and Engineering||32778-40657||85647-133524|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||41356-46588||93703-199638|
Study at Assam University during COVID-19
Assam University has kept its official website updated and relevant with necessary COVID-19 information and online assistance for the students. The authorities have taken all measures possible to continue academic sessions through digital platforms while keeping the students’ safety.
- It has conducting online classes and interactions for students with the help of department faculties, to continue the learning process.
- The students are also provided with mental wellbeing assistance and online conferences, where they can seek help and support during this pandemic time.
- It has also appointed Department Level Mentors for any-time support for the students and has gone the extra mile to ensure the well-being of students during and post COVID-19.
Also Read | Studying at NIT Durgapur during COVID-19
Why Choose Assam University?
This University is one of the GFTIs which offer a wide range of courses including B.Tech. The institution has decades of expertise and provides the best facilities and infrastructure for its students.
- All the facilities and campus of Assam University is well-maintained and kept in great condition.
- The faculty and staff at the institute are friendly and helpful with vast knowledge in their respective departments.
- The fee structure at the institute is comparatively decent and students can also avail various scholarships to help fund their studies.
- It also organizes various events and fests for the extra-curricular development of its students.
- The placement statistics is good and consistent, and students can get recruited to top firms with the assistance provided by the placement cell at Assam University.
Find Out | Reasons Why You Should Choose NIT Nagaland
Assam University Cut Off for B.Tech Specializations
The cut off for B.Tech courses at Assam University is published every year after the JEE Main. Several factors affect cut off for each year, and it varies for each category. The factors which decide Assam University cut off are;
- Total number of students appeared for JEE Main for the respective year
- Category and reservation of the candidates
- Performance of the candidate in JEE Main
- Overall performance in JEE Main for the year.
- The total number of candidates applied for specific programs in specific universities.
Also Check | JEE Main Cut Off for Top NITs
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||All India||Home State|
|General||32778- 40657||85647- 133524|
|SC||7140- 7895||13268- 15435|
|ST||3101- 3101||4833- 7147|
|OBC||12899- 14256||63783- 77874|
|EWS||5196- 5610||15696- 22271|
Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Category||All India||Home State|
|General||41356- 46588||93703- 199638|
|SC||8729- 9012||12709- 18025|
|ST||4686- 4686||5816- 8012|
|OBC||14494- 14904||71307- 119601|
|EWS||6259- 6478||29222- 35288|
|Category||All India||Home State|
|General||47745- 58664||175514- 498701|
|SC||8390- 10394||36831- 37904|
|ST||4470- 4470||12372- 13372|
Check Out | NIT Surathkal Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
Assam University: Reservation
As the B.Tech admissions at Assam University are done through JEE Main followed by JoSAA counselling, there is a common JEE Main reservation criterion for students who belong to different categories. The seat matrix for each B.Tech course at the institute is distributed and reserved based on this reservation policy. The categories which eligible for reservation and the percentage of reservation available are as follows;
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||5%|
Faculty at Assam University
The faculty is well-trained and approachable for the students for any academic help they might need. Most of the faculties, especially departments of B.Tech courses, are PhD holders from top institutes.
- All departments are provided with sufficient faculty support to provide the best assistance for the students.
- The university has permanent as well as visiting and guest faculties to help with the academic quality of the institution.
- The faculties are helpful and assist the students regarding any help they might need.
- During this pandemic situation, all the faculties of different departments are cooperating with the college authorities to provide academic as well as mental well-being assistance to their students.
- The official website of Assam University has listed out all of its faculties under different departments, where aspirants can check for the details.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021 Will Be Conducted In More Regional Languages, Says Education Minister
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 Counselling Released By JoSAA; Check Details
- JoSAA Releases Updated Instructions For Online Verification & Change of Willingness
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Second Mock Seat Allotment Released, Registrations End Tomorrow
- Candidates Will Get Another Chance Directly in JEE Advanced 2021 Due To COVID-19
Various Facilities Provided at Assam University
The campus of Assam University is well-equipped and facilitated. The students are provided with various facilities.
- Hostel Accommodation- The university provides accommodation facilities inside the campus for its students. There are four boys hostels and five girls hostels with all basic facilities. Students have to apply for availing hostel accommodation during the admission itself.
- Transport Facility- Students are provided with bus services to the campus. There are 11 buses for students and 3 for staff members.
- Career Counselling and Placement Cell- Graduating students of Assam University are assisted by the Placement Cell at the campus. Career counselling, placement application and all such recruitment processes are completed with the help of the placement cell.
- Medical & Health Care Assistance- The institute is equipped with an on-campus medical facility including a lady medical officer and Para-medical staff, and an ambulance for emergencies. Assam University also provides medical insurances and frequent medical camps for its students.
- Assam University offers scholarships and fellowships for its meritorious students.
- Besides, the university also has NCC, NSS and Student Welfare activities. Various sports, games, cultural and tech events are conducted at the university.
Assam University: Placement Reports
The placement statistics at Assam University are decent and consistent throughout the years. Many top companies visit the campus placement drive every year. 80 to 90% of graduates from different departments including B.Tech courses get recruited every year.
Here is the previous year’s placement report of Assam University;
|Highest Salary Package||5 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||3 LPA|
|Companies Visited||UCO Bank, BOI, Vodafone, Berger, ICICI Bank, UBI, Unisys, Abbott Healthcare, Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, Pradan, Wipro, etc.|
Scholarships Offered by Assam University
The undergraduate students of Assam University can avail Post Matric Scholarships to fund their academic needs.
- The scholarship is given to needy and meritorious students pursuing B.Tech programs at Assam University.
- Application for the scholarship is submitted through online mode with all relevant documents for the claim of scholarship.
- The scholarship covers tuition fees, exam fees, accommodation, and other related fees of the eligible candidates.
- It is disbursed equally for each semester through bank accounts.
Fee Structure for B.Tech at Assam University
The fee structure of Assam University is designed to not put any excessive financial liability on students. Below is the detailed fee structure for B.Tech specializations at Assam University.
|Particulars||Fee Per Annum|
|Tuition Fee (monthly at Rs 200)||2,400|
|Annual Course Fee||30,000|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||3,000|
|TOTAL FEE PAYABLE AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION||80,025|
Examination Fee (per semester)
|Exam Fee (200 per paper)||800|
*For Foreign Candidates- 5 times the Total Course Fee for B.Tech specializations.
Assam University FAQs
Last updated on September 29th, 2020 at 11:16 am
There are 3 B.Tech specializations offered by Assam University which has 168 seats in total.
- Computer Science & Engineering- 26 All India Seats + 30 Home State Seats
- Electronics and Communication Engineering- 26 All India Seats + 30 Home State Seats
- Agricultural Engineering- 26 All India Seats + 30 Home State Seats
Last updated on September 29th, 2020 at 11:16 am
Around 75% of total seats in B.Tech courses at Assam University admit students based on their JEE Main scores along with class 12th marks and JoSAA counseling. However, the institute also offers lateral entries to B.Tech courses through institute-level entrance exams.
Last updated on September 29th, 2020 at 11:17 am
For All India quota candidates, a JEE Main rank above 40,000 can increase the probability of getting admissions to Assam University. For Home State quota candidates a JEE Main rank within 1,33,000 is good to secure admissions.