Home » Posts tagged '25348'
Tag Archives: 25348
Dr BR Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), formerly known as Andhra Pradesh Open University was established in 1982. BRAOU was formed under the Andhra Pradesh state Legislature under the APOU Act 1982. It is an open university and is one of the top open universities in India. It is located in Hyderabad, Telangana.
It offers courses at various levels like UG, PG and Diploma and Certificate courses. BRAOU offers free-of-cost standard study material to its students. Admissions are given based on the candidate’s performance in their qualifying examination. Registrations to the college are done online.
The college provides many excellent services like Online Library, Student Services, and much more services. The college also provides placement and employment services to the students. Some top recruiters are Digicall Teleservices Pvt. Ltd., Dr Reddys Laboratories, Metro Cash & Carry, Apollo Hospitals, NCC, and many more.
BRAOU Hyderabad Highlights
This table depicts all the important information an aspirant needs to form an overview of the college.
|Type of Institute/University||Public|
|Affiliations||UGC, AAOU, ICDE|
|Campus size||53.63 acres|
|Education mode||Distance Learning/Correspondence|
|Total no. of courses offered||28 courses in 8 streams|
|Admission criteria||Merit-based or Entrance based depending on the type of course|
|Total no. of faculty members||41|
|Facilities available||Library, Student service counters, Post office, A.P. Online centre, Telephone cum Xerox facility, Canteen, Bus services (at regular intervals), wheelchair facility for specially-abled students|
BRAOU Hyderabad Courses Offered
BRAOU offers a wide variety of courses across various streams and levels. Some of the important courses in various categories are as follows :
BRAOU Hyderabad Admissions
The admission process of BRAOU varies according to the type of course, one is pursuing. Admission in any course is provided based on either merit or entrance/eligibility test. The admission process can be easily explained by dividing the courses based on their level:
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of BRAOU.
- Select the course you want to pursue and then fill the application form online.
- Post filling the form, you need to take 2 copies of the printout of the application form. Keep one copy of it with you and submit the other by pasting your self-attested photograph on it, to the nearest study centre of Dr B.R Ambedkar open university.
- Along with the photograph, you also need to submit a list of the following documents as well.
- After submitting the relevant documents, the relevant documents are verified by the University. The aspirant then needs to block his seat by paying the required fee in case he/she is pursuing an MBA course. In the case of the rest of the courses, a merit list is prepared and the candidates are informed via SMS and through Letter of Admission. Also, the same is mentioned on the official website.
- Post receiving the Letter of admission, a candidate needs to pay the admission fee required to secure one’s seat. The aspirant must visit the admission office of the University to do the same.
Important Documents to be Submitted
- A photocopy of a mark-sheet of previously qualified exams.
- A photocopy of the TS/AP/API/CET/ET scorecard.
- A copy of the TS/AP/API/CET/ÉT hall ticket.
- A copy of the DOB certificate.
- A copy of the Caste certificate in case if it is applicable.
- A copy of the physically challenged certificate in case if it is applicable.
- A copy of the Migration Certificate
- A copy of Address Proof
BRAOU Hyderabad Placements
BRAOU has its own “Training and Placement Cell” dedicated solely to provide placements to the students. The T & P cell works in the following manner :
- The first process involves coordinating with the recruitment companies and sending them an annexure to fill in the requisite information.
- The next step involves fixing the dates with the recruitment companies, post analyzing the salary and other eligibility criteria set by them.
- The students are then required to register themselves with the cell. Then the students are selected for the further process based on their eligibility criteria. Once they meet this criterion, they can go ahead with the placement drive.
- The next step involves clearing the written test by the students. The test is conducted to test the requisite skills and knowledge base of the students.
- Post qualifying the written test, the student then needs to qualify Group Discussion. After clearing the group discussion, the student needs to clear various rounds of interviews namely – technical and HR.
- The student who clears all the rounds is offered an offer letter. They are offered a salary package based on their performance and their academic result.
The T&P cell also makes sure a student is assisted and prepared well for the placement process. The students are provided with mock tests, interview preparation tips, personality development classes.
According to the 2020 data available, 60 % of the students were placed successfully in various companies. The top recruiting companies that participated in the placement drive in the year 2020 include:
|Intelli-Flex||Bank of America|
|Wipro technologies||South Indian Bank|
|Hindustan times||Metro cash & carry|
|Dr Reddy’s Laboratories||Apollo Hospitals|
|Digicall Teleservices Pvt. Ltd.||NCC|
The salary package offered to the students can be explained easily by dividing it into 3 categories:
|Particulars||Annual CTC Offered|
|Highest CTC||INR 7 lacs|
|Median CTC||INR 2 lacs|
|Average CTC||INR 2 lacs|
BRAOU Hyderabad Facilities
These are some of the main facilities available to the students at the BRAOU campus:
- Student service counter
- Undergraduate science centre
- SBI Branch
- Post office
- A.P Online centre
- Bus service at regular intervals
- Wheelchair facility for the specially-abled students
- ST/SC Cell
- Computer centre
BRAOU Hyderabad FAQs
Ans. Application forms can be downloaded from the BRAOU college website. The application form can be available in the admissions tab.
Ans. Here is the list of exam fee structure of some important courses offered by the Dr B.R. Ambedkar open university :
|Course Type||Exam Type||Amount|
|UG Course||Theory & Practical||INR 100/paper|
|PG Courses||Theory & Practical||INR 150/paper|
|Diploma/Certificate Courses||Theory & Practical||INR 100/paper|
|MPhil & PhD||Theory||INR 300/paper|
Ans. BRAOU adopts an innovative multimedia approach for teaching students which makes it unique from other open universities. Also, it has been accredited and approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and The Distant Education Bureau (DEB) of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Ans. You can obtain your certificate by visiting the official website of the University i.e. https://braou.ac.in/.
Ans. Dr B.R Ambedkar open university offers a wide variety of learning modes to the students through multimedia channels. Some of the important channels included imparting learning via video lessons are Youtube, through radio, and live to the teleconference.
Ans. Yes, if you want to pursue B.Ed through correspondence then you should be working in some school or /and you should have experience of two years (If you are working in school during a B.Ed, it becomes a valid reason for you to pursue it through correspondence).