Home » Posts tagged '2209'
Tag Archives: 2209
Last updated on July 17th, 2021 by Akanksha Gupta
Jyoti Nivas College has released its online application form for 2021-2022 admissions. At the national level, Jyoti Nivas College has become the first women’s college to be presented with the UGC India.
The university offers UG and PG courses like BA, B.Sc, B.Com, BBA, BCA, MA (English), M.Sc (Organic Chemistry), M.Com (FA), MCA, and MBA. The admission to the courses is done either on a merit basis or entrance exams basis. MBA and MCA are popular courses at this college.
The top reputed companies that have participated in the campus drive throughout the years are Goldman Sachs, J.P Morgan, IBM, MindTree, Wipro, EY, Cognizant, Infosys, etc. The previous year’s highest package offered to a student is INR 5.25 LPA.
Jyoti Nivas College Admission Updates
- Jyoti Nivas college’s online admissions have been opened from 01 April 2021 for the academic year 2021-22.
- For PG course admissions like MCA, MBA, students have to appear for PGCET/ KMAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ other national entrance exams.
- MAT 2021 June session online registrations are going on.
- MAT 2021 last date for PBT is 24 May 2021 and for CBT is 07 June 2021.
- CMAT 2021 result was announced on 09 April 2021.
- Karnataka PGCET 2021 and KMAT 2021 online applications are expected to start from the 4th week of May 2021. Official notification is yet to be released.
- Jyoti Nivas college’s application fee for MA is Rs. 400, M.Com (FA) is Rs. 500, M.Sc (Organic Chemistry) is Rs. 400 and for MBA, MCA is Rs. 600.
JNC College Key Points
- For the academic year 2019-2020, JNC records a total of 194 students getting placed in the campus placement drive.
- The highest salary offered was INR 5.25 LPA and the median salary offered was INR 2.54-3.50 LPA.
- In 2012, JNC college was re-accredited by NAAC with an ‘A’ grade.
- Jyoti Nivas is a women’s college and was established in 1966.
Jyoti Nivas College Ranking
The following are the rankings achieved by Jyoti Nivas College in the previous year (2020):
- Ranked 29th by The Week for Science.
- Ranked 44th by The Week for Arts.
Jyoti Nivas College Courses
Jyoti Nivas College offers UG and PG courses in various specializations. B.Voc, M.Voc, and integrated courses are also offered by the college. All the necessary course details are mentioned in the table below.
|Courses & Fees (per semester)||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|UG Courses (3 Years)|
|BA Fees: INR 25K||10+2/equivalent (in relevant subjects) with an aggregate minimum of 50% marks for Karnataka students and 60% marks for students out of Karnataka||10+2/equivalent + Merit Basis|
|B.Sc Fees: INR 35K|
|BCA Fees: INR 40K|
|B.Com Fees: INR 35K|
|BBA Fees: INR 50K|
|PG Courses (2 Years)|
|MA (English) Fees: INR 35K||Bachelor’s degree with an aggregate of at least 50% marks and 55% in General English||UG + Interview|
|M.Sc (Organic Chemistry) Fees: INR 35K||Bachelor’s degree in Science with a minimum of 50% aggregate and 50% in Chemistry (Maths in 10+2)|
|M.Com (FA) Fees: INR 43.5K||Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Commerce/ Economics with a minimum of 50% aggregate|
|MCA Fees: INR 45K||Bachelor’s degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks with relevant subjects||UG + PGCET/ KMAT + Interview|
|MBA Fees: INR 75K||UG + PGCET/ KMAT/ MAT/ CMAT + GD + PI|
JNC College Cut-Off
For PG courses like MCA and MBA, students have to appear and clear exams like PGCET or KMAT or other national level entrance exams. The following are the Karnataka PGCET cut-off and KMAT cut-off for students to give an idea of how much cut-off should be achieved.
|Course||Kaarnataka PGCET Cut-Off Rank 2020||KMAT Cut-Off Marks 2020|
Jyoti Nivas College Placement
Jyoti Nivas College (JNC) placement was remarkable for PG students of the academic year 2019-20. The highlights of the JNC placement drive are as follows.
- For the academic year 2019-20, a total of 194 students were placed and received the placement offer from the companies that participated in the drive.
- The highest salary offered was INR 5.25 LPA.
- The median salary offered was INR 2.54 LPA for UG courses, INR 3.25-3.50 LPA for PG courses.
- A total of 314 students were selected for higher studies.
More than 50 companies from the IT, Non-IT, banks, BPO, KPO, hospitality sectors participated in the campus drive. The following are a few companies mentioned below.
|Goldman Sachs||JP Morgan||Morgan Stanely||MindTree|
The following table states the UG and PG course data for the number of students placed and selected for higher studies.
|Course Level||Students Placed||Students Selected for Higher Studies|
JNC College Scholarships
JNC College provides 21 scholarships out of which 15 are Government scholarships and 6 are Non-Government. The following are the Jyoti Nivas’ scholarships offered by the college and who & how to avail them.
|SC/ST Scholarship||Prime Minister CS for Armed Police|
|Prize Money Scholarship (SC)||Defense Scholarship|
|Fee Concession Backward classes||Post Matric Scholarship Minority|
|Fee Concession to SC / ST||Nagaland Scholarship|
|KMDC Airvu Loan Sch||Manipur and Mizoram Sch|
|Sanchi Honnamma Sch||Govt of Arunachal Pradesh|
|Sir C.V. Raman Sch||Ishan Uday Sch for North East|
|FAEA Foundation for Academic|
|Visually challenged students||SJT scholarship|
|Physically Handicapped students||Student Welfare|
|Other Private Charitable Trust||KSSW scholarship|
Who can avail?
Students in their course’s first year with impeccable academic scores or first class in the college’s exams or those who are good in sports, extracurricular, and co-curricular activities.
How to avail?
Go to the official website, fill in personal & academic details, select for which scholarship you want to apply, select your category (General, SC, etc), submit the required documents. If you’ll meet the eligibility criteria, you’ll be shortlisted for the above scholarships.