Home » Posts tagged '15482'
Tag Archives: 15482
Last updated on July 20th, 2021 by Arunima
Ranked 5th under Overall Annual Ranking of IMU Campuses and Affiliated Institutes, with over 1,500 students enrolled in campus-based and distance learning programs. Tolani Maritime Institute was established in the year 1998.
The most popular course that the Institute offers is B.E./ BTech. in Maritime Engineering. The course is UG Level of 4-years duration and is a full-time residential program.
The minimum eligibility criteria for the course is the completion of 12th grade or equivalent higher secondary study with an aggregate of at least 60%. Students are shortlisted based on the marks scored in 10+2 and Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU-CET) and are called for Tolani Maritime Institute Scholastic Aptitude Test (TMISAT).
The course requires every enrolled student to undergo a compulsory internship in a maritime organization in the final semester. The course provides highly compensating placement opportunities with an average salary being INR 6,00,000 per annum.
Tolani Maritime Institute: Quick Facts
- It is one of the largest Maritime Institutes in the Induri region of Talegaon, Pune district.
- Under the Indian Maritime University Ranking of Overall Annual Ranking of IMU Campuses and Affiliated Institutes, TMI is ranked 5th with an overall score of 71.9.
- Tolani Maritime Institute Faculty comprises highly qualified teachers specialized in various Maritime Domains such as Engineering, Architecture, etc, with substantial shipboard experience as senior officers.
- Placements at Tolani Maritime Institute are well compensating with average salaries ranging from INR 5,50,000 to INR 6,00,000 as seen for the year 2017.
- Anglo-Eastern Ship Management, B W Shipping, Chellaram Shipping, etc, are few names of the top recruiting partners at Tolani Maritime Institute.
Tolani Maritime Institute: Courses Offered
The below table shows the courses offered by the Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune along with their details.
|Program||Program Details||Selection Criteria|
|B.Tech. Marine Engineering||
|B.Sc. Nautical Science||
|Post Graduate Marine Engineering||
||Performance in Personal Interview and Medical Fitness Test.|
Tolani Maritime Institute Placements
Candidates get the opportunity of placements early on as the recruiting companies start visiting the Institute from the 3rd semester (2nd Year).
TMI guarantees 100% placement for the eligible candidates and has tie-ups with many reputed recruiting partners.
The below table shows the Salary offered for the course B.Tech. Marine Engineering in the year 2017:
|Minimum Salary Offered||2 LPA|
|Average Salary Offered||3.9 LPA|
|Highest Salary Offered||5.5 LPA|
Tolani Maritime Institute: Scholarships
Dr. C.P. Srivastava Scholarship: For Marine Engineering, 35 top-ranking students are awarded merit scholarships with the highest scholarship of INR 40,000/- called Dr. C.P. Srivastava Scholarship.
Need cum Merit Scholarships:
- Tolani Education Foundation: Awarded at UG Level for ME and NS Degree to identified students to provide financial support.
- The scholarship amount is INR 15,000/- per semester is subject to the performance and conduct of the student till the end of the 3rd year.
- Mrs. Papu Tolani Need cum Merit-based Scholarship: Subject to the performance and conduct of the student according to the laid down rules, amount INR 10,000/- is instituted per semester to meritorious students.
- Menghraj Karna Need cum Merit-based Scholarship for Girls: With similar guidelines as Mrs. Papu Tolani Scholarship, this scheme is only applicable for girl candidates and accounts for an amount of INR 10,000/- per semester till the end of 3rd year.
- Industry Sponsored Scholarship: Leading shipping companies like NYK, K-Line, etc have instituted scholarships for the students selected by them in the placement program in 2nd year.
- Fee Concession for Girl Students: Apart from the scholarships, girl candidates are provided a 50% concession in tuition fees per semester.