SCMHRD Pune features among top 14 B-Schools in India according to various magazines’ rankings. The institute is famous for its 4 postgraduate courses in management stream. These programs are offered in various disciplines and admissions are offered on the basis of Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) followed by WAT, Group Exercise and Personal Interaction.
The likes of Cipla, L&T, Ranbaxy, Dabur, Accensure, TCS, Capgemini and many more visit SCMHRD Pune for the recruitment drive. More than 93 companies recruit freshers from SCMHRD every year. The institute provides 100% placements assistance and the highest CTC offered till date is INR 60 LPA. Along with best career opportunities, SCMHRD Pune provides its students with world class campus facilities and faculty members with extensive knowledge and experience.
SCMHRD, Pune Highlights
|Established| Institute Type||1993 | Private|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A+’ grade, AACSB|
|Affiliated to||Symbiosis International University|
|Courses Offered||4 Courses in 1 stream|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Top Recruiters||JP Morgan, HSBC, Aditya Birla Group, ICICI Bank, Yes Bank|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library, Sports Complex, Auditorium|
SCMHRD, Pune Rankings
SCMHRD, Pune features among top B-schools in India according to rankings put out by various magazines. Here are some of the highlights:
- SCMHRD is ranked 10th among Top Leading Private Business Schools and 5th in the West zone region by Business World B-School Ranking 2019.
- The institute is ranked 2nd Best Private Business School in Maharashtra in CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2019.
- The Week has ranked SCMHRD 2nd Overall in Pune in its 2019 ranking.
- Times B-school Survey Rankings 2019 ranked SCMHRD, Pune amongst the top 10 B-schools in the Country and 5th in Top Private Institutes in the country.
The table below shows the ranking of the institute over the past 3 years:
|Ranking Body/ Magazine||Year||Category||Rank|
|Business World B-School||2019||Overall||22|
|Times B-school Survey Rankings||2018||Overall||10|
SCMHRD Pune Courses
|Course||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|MBA||Finance||Graduation with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate||SNAP followed by WAT, Group Exercise and Personal Interaction|
|Strategy, Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|MBA Business Analytics (MBA BA)||–|
|MBA Infrastructure Development and Management (MBA IDM)||Project Execution||BE/BTech/BArch in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST)|
|Project Feasibility and Finance|
|MBA Executive||–||Graduate from any recognised institute with minimum of 50% aggregate marks and work experience of 2 years||SKYPE Interview|
SCMHRD, Pune Admissions
SCMHRD offers admission on the basis of SNAP test score which is a national level test conducted by the institute itself. After the SNAP results, candidates are shortlisted for WAT, Group Exercise and Personal Interview. Final selection is based on the cumulative score in academics and entrance exam.
How to Apply?
Below mentioned are the steps to be followed:
- Visit the official website of SNAP.
- Register yourself by providing email id and phone number.
- After successful registration, you will receive SNAP ID and password.
- Proceed to pay the SNAP registration fee of INR 1,750.
- Make a separate payment of INR 1,000 as SCMHRD registration fee.
- Take a print out of fee receipts for future reference.
- Based on SNAP scores, candidates are shortlisted for WAT and GEPI. Such candidates then need to book the slot and appear for WAT and GEPI.
SCMHRD, Pune Placements
SCMHRD has seen a number of top companies in different sectors such as Cipla, Accensure, TCS, L&T, Barclays, CRISIL, Citibank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Mercer, Ernst and Young etc visiting its campus for recruitment drives. The institute has a placement cell which organizes pre-placement talks and interviews by companies for its students. At the end of first year the college gives opportunities to its students to intern with companies too. The highest domestic package of INR 32.8 LPA was offered to the 2019 batch whereas the highest international package offered was INR 58 LPA.
Given below are the placement records of SCMHRD’s recent batches.
Final Placements 2017-19:
|Specialization||MBA||MBA BA||MBA IDM|
|Highest CTC||INR 38.5 LPA||INR 22 LPA||INR 15 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 15.64 LPA||INR 14.64 LPA||INR 11.8 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 14 LPA||INR 15 LPA||INR 12 LPA|
Placement Highlights 2019:
|Human Resources||41%||INR 30.3 LPA||INR 23.1 LPA||INR 17 LPA|
|Sales & Marketing||34%||INR 32.8 LPA||INR 24 LPA||INR 16.2 LPA|
|Finance||37%||INR 17.5 LPA||INR 17.1 LPA||INR 14.1 LPA|
|Operations||40%||INR 16 LPA||INR 15.6 LPA||INR 13.2 LPA|
|Infrastructure Management||16%||INR 15.4 LPA||INR 14.7 LPA||INR 12.1 LPA|
|Business Analytics||27%||INR 22 LPA||INR 18.3 LPA||INR 14.8 LPA|
MBA Summer Placements 2019-21:
|Highest Stipend||INR 3.20 LPA||INR 3.20 LPA||INR 2 LPA||INR 1.40 LPA|
|Average Stipend||INR 1.66 LPA||INR 1.70 LPA||INR 1.11 LPA||INR 1.20 LPA|
|Median Stipend||INR 1.50 LPA||INR 1.50 LPA||INR 1 LPA||INR 1.20 LPA|
MBA IDM Summer Placements 2019-21:
|Highest Stipend||INR 1.30 LPA|
|Median Stipend||INR 80,000|
|Average Stipend||INR 73,000|
|Hike in Median||33%|
|Top Recruiters||Deloitte, CapGemini, NHBC, Aditya Birla Group|
MBA BA Summer Placements 2019-21:
|Highest Stipend||INR 2.50 LPA|
|Median Stipend||INR 0.80 LPA|
|Average Stipend||INR 0.97 LPA|
|Hike in Median Stipend||33.3%|
|Hike in Highest Stipend||14%|
|Top Recruiters||JLT, OYO, Nivea, Indigo, CapGemini|
SCMHRD, Pune Scholarships
SCMHRD offers a number of scholarships to undergraduate and postgraduate students. The eligibility criteria to avail the scholarships is that the students should have not less than 7.50 GPA and have no backlogs. Some of the scholarships provided by the institute are:
|Post Graduate Scholarship for MBA Students||International Scholarship|
|University Scholarship||Central Scholarship|
|NHFDC Scholarships for Students with Disabilities||NER Scholarships for Students from North-East Region|
SCMHRD, Pune Facilities
Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development provides its students with world class infrastructural and academic facilities such as:
- Hostel: SCMHRD hosts separate boys and girls hostel on its campus. They have triple sharing rooms with attached bathrooms. For the students’ convenience the hostels have provisional stores and juice shops.
- Library: SCMHRD library Is a vast pool of resources for the management students with more than 24,000 books, 2,000 audio/video CDs/DVDs, business periodicals. Online databases like EBSCO, EMRALD are accessible too.
- Sports Complex: SCMHRD sports complex is the place for healthy breaks for students. It has a swimming pool, table tennis court, volleyball court, cricket ground and more.
- Auditorium: The fully Air Conditioned auditorium of SCMHRD has a capacity of 300 people. It is used to host various regional, national and cultural events.
SCMHRD Pune Faculty
SCMHRD has well qualified and well experienced faculty members across specializations to impart wholesome knowledge in the students. A total of 21 faculty members are appointed across different departments of the institutes, out of which, most of the faculty members hold a docorat and master’s degree in various disciplines. The institute also has visiting faculty members dedicated to impart quality knowledge to its students. Below are the number of faculty members across different departments:
- Professors: 6
- Assistant Professors: 11
- Associate Professors:6
Ans. Yes. The seat reservation is as follows:
|Within the Sanctioned Intake||Over and above the Sanctioned intake:|
|SC: 15%||Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per programme|
|ST: 7.5%||International Students category: 15%|
|Physically Handicapped: 3%|
Ans. Following documents are required for the GEPI and WAT process:
- SNAP scorecard
- PAN/ Aadhar/ Passport/ Driving License
- 10th, 12th, Graduation Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- PI, WAT Admit card
- AIU equivalence certificate for foreign degree holders
- Caste Certificate (if any)
- Work Experience Certificate (if any)
- Co-curricular or Extra Curricular Certificate (if any)
- 3 passport size photographs
Ans. Yes. The institute provides its candidates with the ease of installments. Candidats can pay the 2 years academic fee in 4 installments. Candidates need to pay INR 4,70,000 four times total during the entire course before the due date as prescribed by the institute.
Ans. For executive MBA, candidates need to fulfil the basic eligibility criteria first and qualify the SKYPE interview round which will be conducted after the candidate completes registration and payment. Results of the candidates will be declared within three working days from the date of Personal Interaction. Subsequently, an offer letter will be sent to the selected candidate for completion of further formalities.