Last updated on July 20th, 2021 by Karishma khatri
Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship Education is one of Mumbai’s best business schools operated by the government. The college was ranked 27 all over India in the year 2018 by NHRDN, Ranked 3rd by Times of India in the year 2018 under the category best return of investment. SIMSREE Mumbai is known for its Master’s programs and certification courses. It offers MMS, MFM, MMM, and Ph.D. courses.
Admission to the full-time SIMSREE MMS program is done on the basis of MAH-CET/ CAT/ CMAT exams. While admission to MFM and MMM (part-time) courses is based on various parameters such as Scrutiny Test, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview. Candidates seeking admission to the SIMSREE Ph.D. program must qualify for PET or JRF exams.
The college is trusted by top companies and the students get a chance to present themselves to the hiring team of top companies during the placement season. SIMSREE Mumbai is also known for hosting TEDx events.
SIMSREE Mumbai Key Points
- Sydenham College is the parent institute of Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE).
- The college is accredited by AICTE and affiliated with Mumbai University.
- Apart from PG and Ph.D. courses, the college offers various certification courses to its students on platforms like KPMG, Coursera, IFRS, ForeVission, FLIP.
- About 78 recruiters visited the campus for the SIMSREE Mumbai Placements 2020. The average CTC offered was INR 12.20 Lakh/annum and the highest offered was INR 20 Lakh/annum.
- The college has a very diverse crowd in terms of their past work experience, past education, and field of specialization.
- 46% of students are freshers, 17% come with 0-1 year of experience, 20% come with 1-2 years of experience, 12% with 2-3 years of experience, and 6% with 3+ years of experience.
- 81% of students are from an engineering background, 10% from a commerce background, 6% from a management background, and the remaining 4% from other streams.
- 62% of current students are specializing in finance, 26% in marketing, 6% in operations, and 5% in Human resources.
SIMSREE Mumbai Ranking
- Ranked 39th in the category of top management colleges in India by The Economic Times in 2019
- Ranked 33rd in the overall category – India by Dalal Street Investment Journal in 2019
- Ranked 27th all over India in NHRDN Ranking – 2018
- Rated 3rd Best B-School in terms of ROI (Return on Investment) by Times of India, 2018
- Awarded as the Outstanding B-School in Western Region by Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Awards
- Received Outstanding Educational Institute award from ABP News National Education Awards
- Ranked A++ at National Level and A+++ at Maharashtra Level for PGDM and MMS programs by Crisil
- Ranked at 20th in the overall ranking – India and 8th in West Zone by The Week
- Ranked 21st in terms of Placement by Business Today 2017
SIMSREE Mumbai Courses and Fees
SIMSREE Mumbai offers various Management courses and Ph.D. programs of which the details are tabulated below:
|Program||Program Details||Selection Criteria|
|Masters of Management Studies (MMS)||
||MAH-CET/ CAT/ CMAT followed by GD&PI|
|Master’s in Financial Management (MFM)||
||Work Experience, Scrutiny Tes, GD&PI, Academic Performance|
|Master’s in Marketing Management (MMM)||
||PET or JRF exams followed by an Interview|
SIMSREE Mumbai Certification Courses
Apart from the above-mentioned courses, the college encourages students to take up certification courses at a subsidized rate of 50%. Few courses to list are:
- KPMG – Six Sigma
- Digital Marketing
- FMCG Sales
- International Financial Report Standards (IFRS)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Certified Demand Driven Planner (CDDP)
SIMSREE Mumbai CMAT Cut-Off
Tabulated below are the details of the SIMSREE Mumbai CMAT Cut-off 2020
|MMS Human Resource Management||100|
SIMSREE Mumbai Placements
Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship Education has a strong placement record. The college has a dedicated placement cell. It not only showcases good placements for jobs but also for summer internships as well. Following are few highlights of placements:
- A total of 93 companies visited the campus for SIMSREE Summer Internships 2020.
- 165 students were found eligible as per companies strict guidelines.
- The maximum stipend offered for internship was INR 1,50,000.
- A total of 78 companies visited the campus for job placements 2018-20.
- The average CTC offered is INR 12.20 Lakh/Annum.
- The highest CTC offered is INR 20.00 Lakh/Annum.
|Aditya Birla Capital||Alkem||Amway||AO Smith|
|Citi Bank||Decor||Deloitte||Eureka Forbes|
|Godrej||HDFC Bank||ICICI Bank||Tata Sky|
|Wipro||Tata Consultancy Service||–||–|
Placement Key Highlights 2018-2020
Tabulated below are the details of SIMSREE Mumbai Placements 2020
|Batch Profile||Male: 72%, Female: 28%|
|Highest CTC||INR 20 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 12.20 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 11.74 LPA|