Last updated on April 27th, 2021 at 02:32 pm
The French foreign mission Fathers founded St. Joseph’s College of Commerce, formerly St. Joseph’s College, in 1882 as an educational initiative. The Jesuits, a worldwide Catholic religious order with a special focus on education, took over the management of the college in 1937. Loyola College in Chennai, St. Xavier’s College in Calcutta, and St. Xavier’s College in Bangalore.
In 1949, the parent college established the Department of Commerce. This department became an independent college in 1972, known as St. Joseph’s College of Commerce. The UGC Act recognizes it in Sections 2(f) and 12B. In October 2004, it was designated as an autonomous institution.
It currently has an ‘A’ rating from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The college has been proactive in responding to significant changes and developments in the fields of higher education, business, and commerce.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Highlights
|Religious Affiliations||Jesus (Catholics)|
|Affiliated to||Bengaluru City University|
|Recognized By||University Grants Commission|
|Accredited||A++ grade with NAAC, CPE|
|Motto||“Faith and Toil”|
|Entrance Exam||Aptitude test & Interview|
|Program Offered||17 Courses across 4 streams|
|Popular Courses||B.Com, BBA, M.Com|
|Application Criteria||Aptitude Test, Merit-Based along with Interview Process|
|Top Recruiters||J.P. Morgan, KPMG, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, TCS, Walmart, Amazon, Etc.|
|Facilities||Smart Classrooms, Library, Cafeteria, Sports Center, Wifi Campus, Hostels, Students’ Recreation Center, etc.|
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Rankings
- In the 2020 Ranking List of the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, St. Joseph’s College of Commerce (Autonomous) is ranked 72nd out of the top 100 colleges in India.
- In the 2020 City Ranking-Best Commerce College list of India Today, St. Joseph’s College of Commerce (Autonomous) has been ranked 2nd among India’s Top 10 Colleges.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Courses Offered
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce offers the following courses:
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Admissions
Admission to the St. Joseph’s College of Commerce will be on a Merit basis.
How to Apply?
- The application form can only be submitted online.
- For more information, go to the college’s website i.e https://sjcc.edu.in/, or call the office.
- Candidates would need to register online at the college’s official website.
- Applicants should carefully fill out all required details such as personal information, educational information, and other information.
- You can pay the program’s non-refundable application fee of Rs. 700/- using the online payment gateway mode i.e credit card, debit card, or net banking account.
- If an NRI, PIO, OCI, or foreign national does not have a valid Debit Card/Credit Card issued by a Registered Indian Bank, the application processing fee can be paid by a “DD- Demand Draft” payable to The Principal, St Joseph’s College of Commerce in Bengaluru.
- Have a scanned copy of a recent passport size color, signature, and all the documents
- For Post Graduate applicants, a copy of their degree mark card(s) from all semesters/years is required.
- Applications that are incomplete or incorrect will be automatically rejected
- Applicants who are Roman Catholics are required to bring a letter from their parish priest to orientation. Candidates who have been provisionally selected may continue after the original documents have been verified. Originals are only for verification purposes.
- If you are unable to submit your application ONLINE, you may come to the College with a copy of a passport-size photograph (soft copy) and copies of your documents. You will be assisted in filling out the online application on the College campus.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Fee Structure
The fee structure of St. Joseph’s College of Commerce for the following courses are given below:
|Course||Fee Structure Annually(INR) For Order State||Fee Structure Annually(INR) For Karnataka|
|B.Com (Travel & Tourism)||91.100||79,800|
|B.Com (Prof.- International Accounting & Finance, Analytics, Prof.-Strategic Finance)||1,43,800||1,32,500|
|BBA (Entrepreneurship, Prof.-Finance & Accountancy)||1,98,400||1,87,100|
|M.Com (All Branches)||92,600||81,600|
For NRI Students & Foreign Nationals:
|Course||Fee Structure Annually(INR) For NRI Students||Fee Structure Annually(INR) For Foreign Nationals|
|B.Com (Travel & Tourism)||1,63,930||2,10,327|
|B.Com (Prof.- International Accounting & Finance, Analytics, Prof.-Strategic Finance)||2,16,630||2,63,027|
|BBA (Entrepreneurship, Prof.-Finance & Accountancy)||2,71,230||3,17,627|
|M.Com (All Branches)||3,31,250||3,69,250|
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Placements
- On and Off-campus, the college provides placements and internship support to students. Furthermore, the placement cell actively organizes pre-placement training sessions such as career counseling, recruitment training, mock interviews, mock aptitude tests, and so on, preparing students to confidently enter the corporate world.
- More than 80 organizations have visited the University to conduct job interviews.
- The average salary packages offered to students range between INR 2.5 to 3 Lacs.
- The Highest salary packages offered to students range between INR 6 to 8 Lacs.
- Some of the most effective recruiters are J.P. Morgan, KPMG, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, TCS, Walmart, Amazon, Odessa, Convert Cart, Oracle, Royal Bank of Scotland, Etc.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Scholarships
The Institution believes that a good life is one that is lived generously in service to others. The Jesuits believe that a lack of financial resources should not prevent a person from pursuing an education. They have always prioritized empowering the marginalized and providing financial assistance to those who deserve to further their education and achieve their goals.
B.Com/BBA/M.Com students who are actively involved in the college’s literary/cultural or sports activities and have sufficient proof to support their application are eligible to apply.
Students who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for the online scholarships listed below:
|S.No.||Name of the Scholarship||Who Can Apply?|
|1.||Minority Scholarship||Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) students|
|2.||MHRD Scholarship / Central Sector Scholarship||first-year students who received more than 80% in their Class XII/12td/PUC Boards|
|3.||PG Single Girl Child Scholarship||Single Girl Child Pursuing PG Courses|
|4.||SC/ST scholarship||SC/ST Students can apply with a valid certificate|
|5.||Sanchi Honnamma Scholarship||1st Year UG Girls Students|
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Facilities
- Smart Classrooms: All classrooms are outfitted with cutting-edge smart boards and projectors. Smart classrooms promote opportunities for teaching and learning by incorporating cutting-edge technology.
- Library: The library is well-stocked, with over 30,000 titles of general and subject books. For students’ use, more than 50 national and international business journals are available. In addition, the library has access to online catalogues, databases such as Delnet, N LIST, Capitaline, and a digital library.
- Cafeteria: Students can select from a variety of options at the SJCC canteen. The lunch hour is the busiest, and the crowd thins out as the day progress.
- WIFI Campus: The campus is Wi-Fi enabled, allowing students and faculty members to access internet-based resources.
- Sports Center: The college has a large campus with modern facilities that promote athletic excellence. An indoor gym, a basketball court, and a football field all contribute to a well-rounded education.
- Students’ Recreation Center: SJCC students are always eager to unwind and play games. They are capable of playing carrom, chess, table tennis, basketball, football, and other sports.
- Hostels: The college has separate hostels for boys and girls that are fully furnished. A well-equipped gym is available at both hostels.
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Faculties
SJCC takes pride in having highly skilled teaching faculty who work tirelessly to uphold the institution’s values and beliefs. By expertly mentoring and guiding students, the faculty contribute to the creation of a learning environment. SJCC’s faculty has consistently demonstrated excellence and outstanding merit through their academic achievements and endeavours. Their research accomplishments, teaching abilities, and valuable contributions to higher education have set a precedent for all.
Some of the Faculties Name of SJCC are given below:
|Name of Faculty||Qualification||Designation|
|Dr. H. Nagaraj||M.Com., M.Phil., PhD.||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Augustin Amaladass||M.Com., AICWA, B.Ed., PGDFM, DIM, PhD.||Associate Professor|
|Dr. A.M.Sheela||M.A., PhD||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Nirmala Joseph||M.Com., M.Phil., PhD (NET Qualified)||Associate Professor|
|Dr. Sugantdi Pais||M.Com., M.Phil, PhD (NET Qualified)||Associate Professor|
St. Joseph’s College of Commerce FAQs
Last updated on April 27th, 2021 at 02:28 pm
Ans. For admissions, the college does not accept capitation/donations. If anyone makes such a demand, please bring it to the attention of the Principal of the College or the Vice President, Bangalore Jesuit Educational Society, Jesuit Nivas, 35, Museum Road, Bengaluru– 560 025.
Last updated on April 27th, 2021 at 02:29 pm
Ans. Original documents are not required for submission to the college. Please do not send any originals. However, it must be brought in for verification purposes during the interview.
Last updated on April 27th, 2021 at 02:30 pm
Ans. For the time being, the marks must be entered online using the applicant login provided on the website. The original marks will be required by the college for verification purposes at a later stage.
Last updated on April 27th, 2021 at 02:31 pm
Ans. In the event that admission to a program is canceled, the fee is refunded in accordance with UGC regulations.
Last updated on April 27th, 2021 at 02:31 pm
Ans. There will be no refund for the application fee.