Last updated on July 17th, 2021 by Sushil Pandey
St. Aloysius College, Jabalpur was established in 1951. The institute is considered one of the pioneer academic institutes in Madhya Pradesh. The institution has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a CGPA of 3.68 with an A+ grade. The institute is accredited by University Grants Commission (UGC).
St. Aloysius College believes to provide quality education in the fields of Commerce, Arts, Science, and Research. The college offers undergraduate courses in BBA, BA, BCom, BCom (H), BCA, and BSc. Also, postgraduate courses in MCom, MA, MSc, B.Ed., and Ph. D. There are different admission measures for different programs. The initial step of admission to St. Aloysius is to fulfill the eligibility criteria. After fulfilling the eligibility criteria, candidaates have to go through a written examination in the case of BCom (H) and an interview in the case of BSc/BA. The college also provides scholarships to financially backward and meritorious students.
St. Aloysius College, so far, has won two national awards, Sr. Hedwige Annual Award and Dr. P. S. Job Memorial Award. Also, the college offers numerous facilities to its students like a library, computer labs, hostels, Wifi, and many more.
St. Aloysius College Admission Updates
- Online submission of admission form for undergraduate courses (except BCom (H)) is scheduled from 10 June 2021 to 19 June 2021.
- The first merit list for undergraduate courses will publish on 27 June 2021.
- Online submission of admission form for BCom (H) course is scheduled from 10 June 2021 till 4 July 2021.
- Common Entrance Exam (CEE) is scheduled for 6 July 2021.
- Online submission of admission form for postgraduate courses is scheduled from 15 June 2021 till 25 July 2021.
- The first merit list for postgraduate courses is scheduled to publish on 9 July 2021.
St. Aloysius Quick Facts
- St. Aloysius is a Christian College established by a minority Catholic community in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- The college has a campus area of about 10.2 acres.
- The institution has the status of an autonomous college affiliated to Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya, Jabalpur.
- The college also organizes conferences, national workshops, and training programs for its student’s overall development.
- The institute also conducts extracurriculars like NSS and NCC.
St. Aloysius College Courses & Fees
St. Aloysius College numerous courses as tabulated below:
St. Aloysius College Placements
St. Aloysius College has a placement cell that deals with placement-related activities every year. It maintains details of students in a database and forwards them to the recruiters. The college also provides campus placement opportunities to its students with the mutual consent of recruiters and the college. Some other activities conducted by the institution are campus fairs and career guidance programs. Workshops and seminars are also conducted timely for the overall development of students. Some of the top recruiting companies in St. Aloysius College are Accenture, Asian Paints, Cognizant, etc.
Undergraduate Placement Statistics 2020
|Total number of students in the batch||1721|
|Number of students qualified for placements||1522|
|Number of students actually placed||63|
|Number of students chose for higher education||335|
|Average salary||INR 3,00,000|
Postgraduate Placement Statistics 2020
|Total number of students in the batch||186|
|Number of students qualified for placements||163|
|Number of students actually placed||0|
|Number of students chose for higher education||26|
St. Aloysius College Top Recruiters
- Asian Paints
- Tech Mahindra
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Jaro Education
St. Aloysius College Scholarships
The institution offers numerous scholarships to students who remained consistent in academics, NCC, sports, and others. The institution also provides government offered scholarships to ST/SC/OBC and other minorities.
- Rev. Dr. Davis George Scholarship: The college awards this scholarship to students who achieved an excellent record at the International/National level in sports.
- Rev. Fr. Richardus Van Engelen O’ Praem Scholarship: The college provides this scholarship to students who require financial assistance. Candidates can opt for this scholarship at the time of filling the admission form.
- Rev. Fr. J. V. Ambookan Scholarship: The college provides this scholarship to students who represent the institute at the national and international level in NCC.
- Rev. Fr. Joseph Perumpuzha Scholarship: The scholarship is provided to students who possess outstanding cultural skills at the International/National level.
- Bishop Cecil Desa Scholarship: This is a merit-based scholarship awarded to students who are toppers in all the streams in the college.
- Hari Vishnu Kamat Vidyadan Vishvastha Nidhi Scholarship: The college provides INR 1,00,000 to students who acquire the first position in the field of Economics, Science, and Political Science.