SRM Institute of Science and Technology will conduct the annual Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) 2020 after 1st April 2020 (postponed due to COVID-19) . The candidates who are willing to join for the B.Tech course of SRM University can appear for SRMJEEE 2020. This year, there are a few changes in SRMJEEE 2020 exam with the inclusion of English and Aptitude as new sections with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology same as before.
Candidates who want to take admission in SRM must check the eligibility criteria of SRMJEEE 2020 to apply for admission. The result of SRMJEEE 2020 will be announced by the authorities in the form of a merit list. Those candidates who are qualified will have to participate in the counselling of SRMJEEE 2020 to take part in further admissions process.
SRMJEEE 2020 Highlights
|Name of Examination||SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination)|
|Conducting Body||Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Exam Level||National Level Entrance Examination|
|Examination Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Biology, English and Aptitude|
|Question Type||Objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Dates
SRMJEEE 2020 dates are being revised by the authorities due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID – 19). The new dates will be announced later on 1st April 2020.
|Starting of Online Application||29th October 2019|
|Last date for application||30th March 2020|
|The beginning of slot booking||The first week of April 2020|
|Admit card availability||April 2020|
|Exam Date||To be announced after 1st April 2020|
|Declaration of result (Tentative)||To be announced after 1st April 2020|
|Starting of Counselling (Tentative)||To be announced after 1st April 2020|
|On-campus enrollment||To be announced after 1st April 2020|
|Commencement of classes||To be announced after 1st April 2020|
SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form
The application process for SRMJEEE 2020 is currently open and the candidates can apply for the exam online at the official website – applications.srmist.edu.in/btech – or via offline process by purchasing application form. Cost for each of the processes is INR 1100. Application fee is non-refundable. Last date to apply for SRMJEEE 2020 is 29th March 2020 for offline process and 30th March 2020 for online process. Note that these dates are subject to change due to the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic. The online form should be filled following the steps below-
- Register online on the official website
- Fill in mandatory fields in the application form
- Upload photo & signature
- Pay application fee
- Submit the form and download soft copy for future reference
Paying application fee offline – The other option is to fill the form online, download it from the website and take a printout. After taking printout, the same is to be sent along with the demand draft of INR 1100 in favour of SRMIST, payable at Chennai. The form and DD needs to be sent at the address given below-
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (formerly known as SRM University), Kattankulathur,
Tamil Nadu – 603203”
Document specifications for the online SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form are given below.
|Type||Max Dimensions||Max Size|
|Photograph Image||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||1 MB|
|Signature Image||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm||1 MB|
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Various factors depend on your eligibility for the SRMJEEE 2020 examination. Below is a list of these factors.
- Nationality and Age
- All the Resident Indian citizens, NRI, OCI or PIO candidates are allowed to sit for the entrance exam.
- Candidates should have attained the age of 17 years as on December 31 of the calendar year in which the 12th Board examination is to be held. The maximum age limit for a candidate is 21 years.
- Number of attempts in Class 12th – Those who have passed 10+2 in not more than 2 attempts including appearance for improvement are eligible.
- Academic Qualification
- This criteria differs from campus to campus and depending on the course you have opted.
- If a candidate attempts Mathematics in SRMJEEE 2020, he/she will be eligible for all B.Tech Programs.
- If a candidate attempts Biology in SRMJEEE 2020, he/she will be eligible for B.Tech in Biotechnology and other specializations.
Course-specific criteria requires a certain percentage of aggregate score in the qualifying examination which varies from campus-to-campus.
|Campus||Aggregate Score (All B.Tech Courses)|
SRMJEEE 2020 Slot Booking
The slots for the entrance exam can be booked according to your preference and this unique facility is being provided by the SRMIST for the convenience of the aspirants. You can choose the following during slot booking-
- Test date
- Test time
- Venue of the entrance exam
How to book the slots?
- Visit the official website of SRMJEEE 2020 – srmist.edu.in.
- Login using registered email address and password.
- The link for the slot booking facility is made available inside the dashboard.
- Using the link, book the preferred SRMJEEE exam date, time and center from the available options.
SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
The slot booking is successful if the admit card is generated after all the steps of slot booking are over. It is the automatic process of generation of SRMJEEE 2020 admit card on the booking of the slot. As soon as slot booking is done, the admit card for the SRMJEEE 2020 exam can be downloaded from the dashboard by logging into the accounts anytime on their device.
Note: Print-out of the admit card must be carried to the exam centre. If there is any error in the admit card, form correction facility will be provided by the SRM University from first week of April 2020 (TBA).
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Centers
SRMJEEE 2020 is scheduled to be held in 132 centers across the country. 5 international centers have also been provided for international candidates in order to easily attend the examination. These centers are-
While filling the application form, candidates are asked to provide 3 preferred exam cities. SRM University allocates exam centers based on this preference.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
There is a new exam pattern for the SRMJEEE 2020 exam and candidates should get themselves prepared for new sections. Check the detailed SRMJEEE exam pattern below:
- Mode of exam: The examination is done on the computers.
- Duration of the exam: The time period of the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes for the completion of the test.
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) are asked in the test.
- Language of questions: The questions asked in the test are in English language only.
- Marking scheme: There is 1 mark for every correct answer but no negative marking for wrong answers so the candidates can attempt each question. A subject-wise breakup of marking is given below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks per question||Marks|
|Mathematics or Biology||40||1||40|
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
Due to the addition of two new sections, SRMJEEE 2020 syllabus has increased. Physics and Chemistry sections of the paper are mandatory for the candidates. They can choose which section to attempt from Mathematics or Biology. For admission in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering and other similar specializations, candidates must attempt the Biology section.
As discussed in the marking scheme mentioned above, there are 5 sections to prepare for, and the syllabus for these sections is given below.
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Physics
- Electronics and Communication
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Units and Measurement
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Energetics
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
- States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Mathematics
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Vector Algebra
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Permutations and Combinations
- Quadratic Equations
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Matrices and Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Sets, Relations and Functions
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus for Biology
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Applied Biology
- Theories of Evolution
What’s New in SRMJEEE 2020?
For the academic session 2020-2021, the SRM University has changed the exam pattern for SRMJEEE. Check the new changes below.
- The new sections i.e. English and Aptitude have been added.
- The total number of questions have been increased from 100 to 125
- The section i.e. Maths and Biology should have 40 questions instead of 35 questions.
- Marking scheme has changed. From now onwards, this year only 1 mark will be awarded to each correct answer by the candidates unlike last time it was 3 marks for each correct answer.
Important Books for SRMJEEE 2020 Preparation
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Mathematics
- Mathematics Class 12 (Part 1 and Part 2) by RD Sharma
- Plane Trigonometry Part 1 and part 2 by SL Loney Part 1 | Part 2
- Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight
- Problems in Calculus by I.A. Maron
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Physics
- The concept of Physics Part 1 by HC Verma
- The concept of Physics Part 2 by HC Verma
- Understanding Physics Series by DC Pandey
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Inorganic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
SRMJEEE 2020 Important Books for Biology
- Complete NEET Guide Biology by MTG Editorial Board
SRMJEEE 2020 Result
Candidates will be able to check their result on the official portal of SRMJEEE 2020. You can login using your email address and password which is unique for each candidate. All those who qualify the cut-offs will be called for the counselling process. SRM University offers more than 7,000 intake of students in their B.Tech courses in various specializations. Along with the result, a list of top 10 rank holders in the entrance exam is also released. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the performance of each candidate in the exam and then it is published online.
Due to change in the marking scheme, cutoffs for SRM University will also change. There is no negative marking, due to which cutoff usually goes higher.
SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling
The counselling will begin as soon as the SRMJEEE 2020 exam result is declared. Qualified candidates are informed about their counselling venue and scheduled time and date by publishing the details on the official website. The candidates names within the list will only be eligible for the counselling process. After the counselling process and formalities are completed, candidates receive a Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) from the college as a confirmation for their admission.
Note: Dates for counselling are yet to be announced as due to Coronavirus outbreak, dates will be changed as stated on the official website.