Last updated on September 22nd, 2020 at 01:29 pm
School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi is one of the prominent academic institutions for the bachelor’s, masters, and doctorate level programs. With a prominent emphasis in the academic section of planning and architecture, SPA Delhi institute has received affiliation from the Institute of National Importance along with the National Association of Students of Architecture.
- It was founded as the Department of Architecture of Delhi Polytechnic with affiliation to the University of Delhi in 1941.
- In 1959, this academic institute was renamed and recognized as the “School of Planning and Architecture” officially.
- After twenty years, in 1979, SPA Delhi was given the status of “Deemed to be a University” by the Government of India & the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- SPA Delhi is remarkable for its research aspects and workshops, scholarship facilities, on-campus accommodation, open access resources, sporting events, student corner & alumni committee.
This article on SPA Delhi covers all the data which students require like the academics, courses, cut offs, and scholarships available.
Check Out | Best Books to Prepare for JEE Main B.Arch
SPA Delhi – Highlights
Here are some of the notable data and information included for the student’s acknowledgment. Check out the overview of this academic institute below:-
|Institute||School of Planning and Architecture Delhi (SPA Delhi)|
|Affiliated To||National Association of Students of Architecture & AICTE (Institute Of National Importance)|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||UG Courses (Entrance-Based)|
|Entrance Exam accepted||JEE Main (UG), NATA, CEED|
|Course Stream||Architecture & Planning|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Scholarship & Counseling||Yes|
SPA Delhi: Undergraduate Admissions Through JEE Main
SPA Delhi is one of the nationally recognized vibrant campuses with two distinctive blocks for its two major courses i.e., Architecture and Planning. Candidates for the Undergraduate degree admission must get a valid JEE Main Score as the exam opens doors to SPA Delhi-nationally accredited Undergraduate Degree courses. Moreover, the institute is ranked at the remarkable 7th position all over Asia for architecture and 10 globally for its academics in planning programs.
Read About | Preparation Tips for JEE Main B.Arch
Undergraduate Courses Offered – SPA Delhi
SPA Delhi offers two professionally recognized bachelor courses in the segment of Architecture and Planning. Admission procedure for the candidates seeking admission to the Undergraduate degree programs requires higher secondary education credentials along with the relevant JEE Main Score. Students can choose from varied courses and must check out the officially rolled out dates to start the admission procedure.
The school of planning and architecture offers two bachelor courses with a student intake of ‘35’ for each Undergraduate degree program on-campus that are listed below:-
- Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]
- Bachelor of Planning [B.Planning]
There is a particular procedure to follow mentioned here to proceed for the Undergraduate Degree program applications.
Eligibility for UG Courses at SPA Delhi
For Undergraduate degree admission criteria, students must fulfill relevant eligibility criteria form the side of the SPA Delhi admission committee. Below are the basic eligibility speculations which are mandatory for candidates to seek and consider before the confirmation of the admission seat.
- A higher secondary certificate with not less than 50%
- Mandatory subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in HSC
- JEE Exam (Joint Entrance Examination) is mandatory for the bachelor courses at the school of planning and architecture
- JEE Exam report card fulfilling the relevant cut off rank
- For diploma candidates: 3-year degree with 50% or above final scores with a mandatory subject – Mathematics
Application Procedure for Undergraduate Courses
Students clearing the specific JEE Main examinations are eligible for SPA Delhi planning and architecture UG programs. However, he/she must meet the institute requirements, specifications, and cut off ranks along with following the official admission procedure to apply successfully.
- Visit the official site at spa.ac.in
- Select the ‘Admission’ section from the menu bar
- Download the current year application form
- Mention all the details in the relevant sectional box
- Enter the relevant UG course of interest
- Upload/Submit the academic documents
- Pay the application fees through SBI Collect/online banking
- Save the copy of the application form for future reference
The application fees for the students at SPA Delhi are 1500/- which can be paid electronically. Also, the admission process can be done through offline mode of application with hard-copy of relevant, original, and a copy of original documents.
There is counseling assistance provided to the students once they get done with the admission process. SPA Delhi academic council notifies the students if they get selected for the counseling procedure. However, a student must pass the interview and also a short written test for the confirmation of admission.
SPA Delhi Cut Offs for Top Undergraduate Degree Courses
For the SPA Delhi Undergraduate Degree Courses, cut off ranks are released for the candidates’ acknowledgment to consider applying at the institutes’ bachelor course. The rank determines the admission and program ability of a candidate from the ranking of scores from highest to lowest. The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) under the official authority of the Ministry of Education of India determines the ranking over the nations’ institutes.
To the process for determining the cut off rank, a list of factors plays a major role where students are categorized accordingly. The JoSAA announces a distinctive rank to specified institutes based on the factors listed hereby:-
- Number of candidates appearing in JEE Main
- The total number of students qualify in the exam
- Previous year cut-off ranks
- The difficulty level of the relevant JEE Exams
- Total number of questions
- Student performance
|Undergraduate Degree Course (Bachelor Degree)||JEE Main Cut Off (Opening – Closing) for 2019|
|Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]||31-768|
|Bachelor of Planning [B.Planning]||1450-2966|
Check Out | IIT Madras JEE Main Cut Off
Study at SPA Delhi during COVID-19
Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the SPA Delhi institute campus has been closed until further notice. Based on the official reports, the exams were postponed while the courses are shortened by 30 to 50%. However, the online mode of education is implemented until the reopening date while the students in the final years were instructed and guided for the online examinations.
- SPA Delhi provides the utmost academic assistance where faculties are providing online classes along with the online internal tests for the student’s intermediate years.
- With a shortened syllabus, the classes are held regularly online for the admitted aspirants while the admission procedure is kept on hold due to Coronavirus Pandemic.
- The academic staff of SPA Delhi assists the students and provides relevant academics online for maintaining student safety levels.
Why Choose SPA Delhi?
SPA Delhi has registered national, continental, and global ranking and is a top-most academic delivery institute with a professional approach. The academic institute of Delhi for School of Planning & Architecture provides explicit and straightforward academic education in the segments of undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate level programs.
- Due to its precise state of art education, students tend to show higher interest compared to peer planning and architecture institutes in the nation.
- The opportunities are boundless for the students as the SPA Delhi institute has state of the art academics while other relevant facilities.
- SPA Delhi provides research facilities, workshops, professional faculties, scholarships, laboratories, sporting events, medical health center, student center
- The college also provides on-campus placement assistance, training and professional guidance
- The campus has a truly global approach and conducts campus events and collaborative seminars.
Future Prospects with SPA Delhi
SPA Delhi provides specialization streams in a total of 2 Undergraduate degrees, 10 postgraduate, and 12 doctorate level courses to the student with relevant eligibility criteria.
Here is the list of postgraduate courses with specializations offered by SPA Delhi campus:-
|Course||Specialisations||Eligibility Criteria||Course Duration||Acceptance Criteria|
|M.Arch||-Architectural Conservation -Landscape Architecture||B.Arch with 55%||2 Years||Merit-Based|
|M.Des||-Industrial Design -Urban Design||B.Arch with 55%||2 Years||Merit-Based|
|M.Plan||-Environmental Planning -Housing -Regional Planning -Transport Planning -Urban Planning||B.Arch with 55%||2 Years||Merit-Based|
|MBEM||Building Engineering and Management||Graduation||2 Years||Merit-Based|
||Post-Graduation with 55%||6 Years||UGC-NET|
Know More | Why Should you Choose IIIT Lucknow
SPA Delhi Cut Off For Undergraduate Courses
Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]
The official authority behind the legitimate cut off the ranking of JEE Main determines the Bachelor of Architecture rank for SPA Delhi. Here are the category wise cut off ranks mentioned for mere acknowledgment:-
|Category||Cut Off Rank for 2019 (OR-CR)|
Bachelor of Planning [B.Plan]
For the candidates applying for a 4-year course as Bachelor of Planning, here are the relevant cut off ranks to merely acknowledge.
|Category||Cut Off Rank for 2019 (OR-CR)|
Check Out | JEE Main B.Arch Exam Pattern
SPA Delhi: Reservation
At the School of Planning and Architecture, there are certain reservation criteria according to which the seat allotment procedure is done by the SPA admission council. Here are the course-wise reservation criteria for the relevant segment/division of a candidate.
|Category||Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]||Bachelor of Planning [B.Plan]|
International candidates recognized as FN/NRI/PIO are admitted through the Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) procedure at SPA.
Read More | JoSAA Counselling
Faculty at SPA Delhi
- At SPA Delhi, there are professional departments divided academically and programs uniquely offered by faculty executives.
- An aspiring team of the Head of the departments, Professors, Assistant, and associate professors, make academic learning as profound and outbound research inclusive learning for the bachelor’s, masters, and doctorate level course taking students.
- Along with the moderate student-faculty ratio, there are practical and research approachable lectures and workshops organized for students to grasp the theoretical aspects of the lectures in detail.
- Comprehensive detailed oriented seminars on relevant academic courses are conducted by respective faculties to guide students in every possible way with the base of elective courses and programs.
Check Out | JEE Main B.Arch Syllabus
Various Facilities Provided at SPA Delhi
SPA Delhi is known for its segmental academics in the field of architecture and planning from the mere aspects of human habitat and the overall environment. Making the new frontiers of knowledge by various educational variety levels in the form of outbound research. Along with the state of the art academics, the other facilities at SPA Delhi include:-
- Hostel Facilities – SPA Delhi campus provides both boys and girls hostel distinctively along with the dining services in the mess and on-campus canteen
- Medical Facilities – In case of any emergency, there are trained associates for on-the-spot medical assistance and relevant treatment
- Sports – Students side by side the academics enjoy the on-campus sporting events organized by the university. There are several prizes to the winners thus the relevant encouragement is provided to the students at SPA Delhi. Also, students having an interest in athletics can join the gymnasium services at the sports center on-campus.
- On-Campus Library – To achieve academic excellence, there is a library to which students have access to all academic resources required. Along with the curriculum studies, students get exposure to the research work articles and several reference books and journals.
- Along with the structural facilities, the students of SPA Delhi have on-campus assistance in forms from the academic staff, non-teaching associates, alumni resources, and contacts.
- Moreover, there are heritage regeneration centers, Envis center on human settlements, for the National Archives of Bharat Bhavan there is a ‘Comprehensive Conservation Management Plan to give students a diverse campus life.
SPA Delhi: Placement Report
SPA Delhi has a distinctive program placement ratio for which there is a contribution of PIC (professor in charge), faculty, assistance non-teaching staff, and also student representatives.
- Reaching out to the companies for placement drive has opened employment doors and opportunities to many graduates on-campus.
- Students can apply for the job interview and can fill out the Job Notification Form (JNF) from the official School of Planning and Architecture website.
- Major Recruiters at SPA Delhi- Ernst & Young, DIT University Dehradun, AECOM India, egis India, Infosys, Turner, WSP India, SYSTRA India, Incubus, IPE Global Ltd, Raheja Developers, JLL India, Mindtree, 91springboard, Maruti Suzuki, Zomato, Honda, Bajaj, Philips, Whirlpool, Desmania, Havells, Fastrack, Godrej & Boyce, LG
Check out the placement statistics for previous year;
- Highest Salary Package – 14 LPA
- Lowest Salary Package – 4 LPA
- Average Salary Package – 5 LPA
Relevant assistance from the on-campus dedicated placement office for all the students.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021 Will Be Conducted In More Regional Languages, Says Education Minister
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 Counselling Released By JoSAA; Check Details
- JoSAA Releases Updated Instructions For Online Verification & Change of Willingness
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Second Mock Seat Allotment Released, Registrations End Tomorrow
- Candidates Will Get Another Chance Directly in JEE Advanced 2021 Due To COVID-19
Scholarships Offered by SPA Delhi
The financial assistance from SPA (School of Planning and Architecture) Delhi includes two types of officially declared scholarships. The number of scholarships is provided to the relevant and eligible candidates under the sanction of the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Scheme which is disclosed by the Government of India.
- Worth noting, SPA Delhi academic institute offers a scholarship amount of 10,000 to a maximum amount of 25,000 based on the official norms listed by the institute.
- Non-sponsored segmental division students will get a scholarship of 12,400 every month in consideration of their academic performance.
Central Scholarship Scheme (Govt. of India)
- This central scholarship scheme is allotted to the reserved-category students by the government authority and regulatory body; Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Under this specific scheme, ten scholarships are allotted to the ‘Scheduled Caste’ candidates while five segments of the scholarship is for the candidates from ‘Scheduled Tribes’.
SPA Delhi – Financial Assistance
- The academic institute SPA Delhi provides student aid in the tuition expenditure based on several norms for the scholarship amount.
- A mere financial assistance to the student of Undergraduate Degree and postgraduate courses is accessible from the amount ranging from 10,000 to 25,000 merely based on the proof to be submitted for the availing of the scholarship amount.
Every year in August and January, the financial department of SPA Delhi takes the student application for providing the scholarship assistance. Hereby, a student must follow the financial assistance norms and make the relevant application with identification and documental proof. Check out the basic requirements for the same in the listed format below:-
- Financial documents of parents
- Income criteria for the scholarship need to have an income with lower than 4.5 lacs annually
- Merit-based shortlisting
- Student performance check before the rounds of scholarship amount provided
Fee Structure for Undergraduate Degree at SPA Delhi
Given below is the fee structure for SPA Delhi for both the courses i.e. B.Arch and B.Planning. The fees is provided for Indian students and foreign students.
1. Institute fees for Indian Nationals:-
|Particulars||Fees/ annum||Refundable Security Deposit|
2. Institute fees for Foreign Nationals (NRI, PIO)
|Course Fee||US $4000|
|Hostel Fee||US $500|
|Mess Fee||Rs. 5,500/- with 2,000/- refundable fees|
Read About | JEE Main: B.Planning Course
SPA Delhi FAQs
Last updated on September 22nd, 2020 at 11:41 am
Yes, the institute provides on-campus placement opportunities through the distinctive placement cell authorized for student training assistance and providing relevant resources.
Last updated on September 22nd, 2020 at 11:42 am
There are three SPA courses and program recognized institutes in India namely the School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi, School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal, and School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada.
Last updated on September 22nd, 2020 at 11:44 am
The factors playing a prominent role for the admission allotment are JEE Main scores, higher secondary scores, class/segment/division of the applicant, aptitude test performance, mathematics scores, and counseling.