Last updated on September 24th, 2020 at 12:19 pm
School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (or SPA Bhopal) is a specialized institute in Urban Planning, Architecture, and Design established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in 2008.
- SPA Bhopal offers B.Planning and B.Arch Program at UG Level.
- Admissions to these courses are granted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA Counselling) on the basis of requirements as per Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
- Admissions are made on the basis of performance in JEE Main, which is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
SPA Bhopal: Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Public/Government – Autonomous|
|Entrance Exam Accepted||UG Courses – JEE Main|
|Popular Courses||B.Arch, B.Planning, M. Arch., M. Planning.|
|Top Recruiters||Privately-owned Companies, Colleges|
SPA Bhopal: Admissions Through JEE Main
JEE Main Scores are accepted by SPA Bhopal for admission in B.Arch and B.Planning programmes. Although the admission process is completely handled by JoSAA and CSAB. Once a candidate clears minimum/qualifying JEE Main Cut Off, he/she can take part in JoSAA Counselling.
UG Courses offered
School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal mainly offers 2 major UG Courses for students through JEE Main Exam. Intermediate passed candidates with a required JEE Main score can apply for SPA Bhopal in both online and offline mode.
- Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]
- Duration – 5 years
- Intake – 38
- Bachelor of Planning [B.Planning]
- Duration – 4 years
- Intake – 94
There is a certain eligibility criteria for those who wish to get admission in SPA Bhopal in B.Arch and B.Planning:
- Intermediate passed/ appearing with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from any recognized Board.
- Candidate must clear JEE Main Exam with a score higher than the minimum cut-off.
Candidates first need to fill the application form available on the official website of SPA Bhopal. To visit the official website, click here.
- Enter all necessary details in the Application Form.
- Provide details of JEE Main Rank/Score in the form where asked.
- Upload the Photograph and the Documents asked in the Application Form.
- Scrutinize the Application Form for any discrepancies.
- Click on “Submit” to submit the application Form.
- Pay the application fee on the payments page and select the program.
- Take a printout of the Application Form.
- Visit the College with all the required Documents at the time of Seat Allotment.
- Confirm your Seat by paying the Admission Fee.
SPA Bhopal Cut-Offs for Top Courses
JEE Main cut off for the admission to B.Arch and B.Planning program at School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal for the year 2019 and 2018 is given in the table below. The cut-offs are opening and closing rank for General Category only.
|Course||2019 Cut-Off (OR- CR)||2018 Cut-Off (OR- CR)|
|B.Planning||1642- 2250||1034- 1523|
Why Choose SPA Bhopal?
SPA Bhopal was established in 2008, and since then it has consistently strived to be the best. It has been well-received by Outlook, and has been one of the top rankers in NIRF. It was declared “Centre of Excellence” by Lok Sabha in 2014. It is autonomous and is an institute of national importance along with IITs, NITs, and AIIMS.
|NIRF||Teaching Learning Category – Rank 1||2018|
|NIRF||Overall Ranking – Rank 5||2018|
|NIRF||Architecture Category – Rank 4||2018|
|Outlook||Ranking among Architecture Schools in India – Rank 7||2017|
SPA Bhopal Cut Offs for UG Courses
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
Bachelor of Planning (B.Planning)
Faculty at SPA Bhopal
- The College has approximately 62 faculty members at the positions of head of department, associate professor and assistant professor.
- Apart from this the college also has visiting faculty and contractual faculty.
- A positive review of faculty of SPA Bhopal has been received on different websites by current and former students. A brief list of faculty is given below.
Chairperson Dr. Bimal Patel Director Dr. N. Sreedharan Head of Department, Architecture Piyush Hajela Head of Department, Conservation Dr. Vishakha Kawathekar Head of Department, Landscape Dr. N. Sridharan Head of Department, Urban Design Anand Jayant Wadwekar Head of Department, E.P. Rama U. Pandey Head of Department, U.R.P. Dr. Natraj Kranthi Head of Department, T.P. Dr. Natraj Kranthi Head of Department, Master of Design Dr. N. Sridharan Dean, Academic Affairs Dr. Shiuli Mitra Dean, Research and Development Ajay Kumar Vinodia Dean, Student Affairs Dr. Sandeep Sankat Dean, Planning and Development Sanjeev Singh
Various Facilities provided at SPA Bhopal
SPA Bhopal extends several facilities to its students to make their stay comfortable, and enhance their knowledge and experience to prepare them for a Professional Future. Following are some major facilities provided by SPA Bhopal.
- Hostel Facilities – Students are provided Hostels with an accommodation of two students in each room. Rooms are well-furnished. Students have to use their own mattress.
- Library – Collection of relevant books and e-materials for the development of students as per their needs.
- Graphics Lab – Two Laboratories with 28 computers in each for preparing students for the industrial requirements.
- Health Facilities – 24×7 Service is provided with experienced medical practitioners from Chirayu Medical College & Hospital, Bhopal, all are MCI registered.
- Computer Centre – 1 GBPS Copper Local Area Network is being provided here for high speed Internet.
- Workshop – Architecture Workshop to enhance imagination of students through model making.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021 Will Be Conducted In More Regional Languages, Says Education Minister
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 Counselling Released By JoSAA; Check Details
- JoSAA Releases Updated Instructions For Online Verification & Change of Willingness
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Second Mock Seat Allotment Released, Registrations End Tomorrow
- Candidates Will Get Another Chance Directly in JEE Advanced 2021 Due To COVID-19
SPA Bhopal: Placement Report
- College has a Training and placement Cell which assists students in all types of internships and professional training and facilitates the placement of graduating students.
- The institute’s on-campus placement is still in the development phase.
- Graduating students have been selected by several reputed firms and consultants both in Campus interviews and off campus.
- Students of SPA bhopal are trained in reputed national and international organizations both in government and private sectors.
No. of students placed 13 Median Package Offered INR 3,00,000
SPA Bhopal offers Scholarships to the meritorious students with a need. It also extends scholarships as per the central and state guidelines to SC/ST, OBC, and Minorities. Following are the scholarships offered by SPA Bhopal:
|Central Sector Scholarship||SC/ST/OBC/Minority Students|
|“Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidyarthi Yojana” in Madhya Pradesh||Meritorious Students of Madhya Pradesh|
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Students of Madhya Pradesh||Meritorious Students of Madhya Pradesh|
|Other State Scholarships||As per the state|
Fee Structure For Undergraduate Courses
Given below is the fee structure of SPA Bhopal, for both B.Arch and B.Planning courses
|Particulars||Amount (In INR)|
|One time fees||5,500|
- DASA students are required to pay all Institute fees other than Tuition fee in addition to USD 3500/USD 1750, each semester in INR.
- SC/ST Students are exempted from payment of Tuition Fee component of student/Institute fees.
SPA Bhopal FAQs
Last updated on September 24th, 2020 at 11:48 am
Ans: No. SPA Bhopal is an autonomous Public Institution.
Last updated on September 24th, 2020 at 11:49 am
Ans: Yes. SPA Bhopal receives several scholarships according to the needs and merit of the students. Some of them are:
- Central Sector Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC for Minority Students apply through NSP
- Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidyarthi Yojana in Madhya Pradesh state
- Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for students of Madhya Pradesh
- Other State Scholarship- Any other scholarship scheme offered by State Govt./PSU/ from time to time.
Last updated on September 24th, 2020 at 11:49 am
Ans: For UG Courses, SPA Bhopal takes admission through cutoff based on JEE Main Exam Performance of the candidates. Intermediate passed/appearing students with PCM as subject are eligible to apply.