Last updated on July 17th, 2021 by Sounak Banerjee
Sivanath Sastri College is an all-girls college. The foundational stone of the institution was laid in 1961 in Kolkata. The institute received a ‘B+’ grade by NAAC in 2016.
This deemed institute is well known for its BCom (Hons) course. Apart from that, it offers BSc and BA (Hons) and General programs.
The students are shortlisted based on the merit list released by the institute to secure admissions to programs like BA and BCom. However, the institute conducts an entrance exam for admittance to the BSc course.
Sivanath Sastri College Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1961 | Public|
|Affiliated to||University of Calcutta|
|Courses Offered||BA, BSc, and BCom|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance Test|
|Campus Area||2913.68 sq. mts.|
|Facilities Available||Canteen, Hostel, Conference Hall, Parking Space, Smart Classrooms and Computer Lab|
Sivanath Sastri College Admission Updates
- The institute has not released the application form for the BA/ BCom/ BSc program yet.
- One can expect that the institute will release the application form around September.
- The institute has not changed its admission procedure recently.
- The candidates are required to fill the application form online.
- Only female candidates are eligible for admissions to this institute.
Sivanath Sastri College Key Points
- The institute is best known for its BCom course. The students securing the highest marks in the 2nd and 3rd part of the examinations have each received a cash value of INR 50.
- The total fee of the BCom course is INR 11,060. However, the institute offers INR 10, 000 annually as a scholarship to eligible minorities.
- There are a total of 61 faculties. Out of which 21 are PhD holders.
- The institute has an active placement cell. TCS is the major recruiter of BCom students.
Sivanath Sastri College Courses Offered
The Sivanath Sastri College offers numerous undergraduate courses, the details of the prominent ones are given below:
|Name of the Course||Course Details|
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Admissions
The admissions to the courses are merit-based. However, the institute conducts an entrance exam for admissions to the BSc program. Check out the following sections for a detailed application process.
How to Apply?
- The candidates have to make an account on the official website of the college.
- Login to your profile.
- Fill the application form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Save the duly filled application form form for future references.
- Admission Form printed on A4 size paper.
- The receipt for application and admission fee.
- Mark sheet and admit cards of class X and XII Examination.
- Date of Birth proof Certificate.
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card.
- Two copies of recent Passport size photographs.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Transfer Certificate.
- The outstation students must submit a letter from a local guardian mentioning their mobile number and address.
Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata Placements
This deemed institute is best known for its BCom course. It is the only department in the college that offers placement to the students. The key highlights of placements over the years are as follows:
- TCS Ltd. recruited a total of 86 students in 2019.
- TCS Ltd. recruited a total of 43 students in 2018.
- PWC SDC recruited a total of 12 students in 2018.
- TCS Ltd. recruited a total of 32 students in 2017.
- PWC SDC recruited a total of 34 students in 2017.
- TCS Ltd.recruited a total of 48 students in 2016.
The companies that ensure the students of the corporate exposure are as follows.
|Tata Consultancy Services||PricewaterhouseCoopers|
Sivanath Sastri College Scholarship
To aid the students in achieving their goals the institute offers the following scholarships.
- Sangeet Sudhakar Smriti Puraskar Scholarship: The students securing the highest marks in Bengali Hons (part 2 and 3 combined) can avail the benefit of this scholarship. It grants cash every year to deserving students.
- Minority Talent Support Scholarship: The students belonging to the minority community can avail of this benefit provided the annual family income is up to 2 lakhs. The eligible students would receive INR 10,000 annually.
Sivanath Sastri College Facilities
The institute offers the following facilities:
- Computer Lab: The institute provides a computer lab to facilitate the students. It also provides a short duration certificate course to fulfill the career requirements of the students. Apart from that, the institute conducts practical examinations of students from the B.Com (Hons) department in the Computer Lab.
- Common Room: Generally an all-girls institution does not provide a common room. However, this institute does. Sivanath Sastri College provides basic indoor game facilities in the room. The room is also used for self-defense classes.
- Canteen: The institute fulfills the catering requirements of the students. It never sacrifices the quality of the food. The food is prepared and served to the students and the staff in hygienic conditions.
- Medical Facilities: The institute provides basic medical facilities to the students as well as to the staff. The medical room offers a bed and some first-aid materials.
Sivanath Sastri College Faculty
The faculty of the institute are highly qualified. They are always eager to assist the students. The institute offers 60+ teachers out of which 21 are Ph.D. holders. The institute has employed 44 full-time teachers to impart knowledge to the students.