Last updated on October 27th, 2020 at 11:52 am
The cut off ranks for admissions to various IITs, NITs, IIITs, IIEST, and other GFTIs – which are officially called opening ranks (OR) and closing ranks (CR) – have been released on the official website of JoSAA 2020. Candidates who are participating can already check their seat allotment status and download seat allotment letter via logging-in at the JoSAA Counselling Portal.
The Opening-Closing ranks (OR-CR) are the JEE Main Ranks of first and last candidates that were allotted a seat or course at a particular college. These ranks are released after each round of counselling. There are supposed to be 7 rounds this year as well. However, IITs will complete counselling in 6 rounds only.
How To Check Opening and Closing Ranks?
In order to check the opening and closing ranks of Round 1 Seat Allotment, follow the step below-
- Visit the official website of JoSAA 2020 – josaa.nic.in
- Find the “Opening and Closing Ranks” drop down on the left column.
- Click on “OR-CR in 2020”. This will take you to a new page.
- Now under four drop down menus, choose Round Number, Institute Type, Name of Institute and Academic Program. You can also choose ‘ALL’ to get OR-CR of all 110 colleges in a single page.
The opening and closing ranks are provided in following bifurcations –
- Home State and Other State Quota (HS / OS)
- Home State or All India Quota (HS / AI)
- Gender Neutral and Female-only (Supernumerary) Category
Other than this, the ranks are provided for all the various categories such as – Open, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD and EWS. The top B.Tech specializations such as Computer Science Engineering, AI and Data Science and other similar courses are currently holding the top positions with heavy competitions. Usually, the ranks for top engineering colleges do not change much in subsequent rounds.