Last updated on February 15th, 2021
Soon after the 12th boards date sheet was released by CBSE and other state boards, a lot of students were in shock and worry as the exam dates clashed with the May 2021 session of JEE Main 2021. Multiple students reached out to Dr Ramesh Pokriyal, Education Minister of India, and asked him for help as NTA usually allotted random dates during the exam sessions.
- JEE Main Old Question Papers – 2015 to 2020 (with solutions)
- Important Formulas for JEE Main 2021
- Top Engineering Colleges In India 2021
JEE Main 2021 May session (4th session) will be conducted on 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th May 2021. During these dates, CBSE and few other state boards have also decided to conduct examinations for certain subjects.
In order to avoid any clash, NTA has decided to provide the option to choose an exam date. Given below are some points from the official notice-
- NTA is going to open the JEE Main Application Form 2021 from 3rd May to 12th May 2021 (for May session).
- Candidates will be asked to provide their Class 12th Roll Number and Name of Examination Board such as CBSE, ICSE or respective state boards.
- Those candidates who are appearing for JEE Main 2021 and 12th boards will be required to select ‘Date’ in their online application form. This will be under the heading – “Whether appearing for Board Examination on any of the dates 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th May 2021”.
This will ensure no confusion remains between the students with regards to clash in exam dates. NTA’s early move has been widely appreciated by the students as it will help many students to plan their dates much earlier.
Recently, NTA has also released the JEE Main Admit Cards 2021 for February session. Candidates can download the same here. In order to download the admit card/hall ticket, candidates need to provide application number and date of birth. Any discrepancy in JEE Main Admit Card needs to be reported via NTA helpline numbers only.