Last updated on January 19th, 2021 at 10:16 am
National Institute of Technology, Warangal (NITW), the very first institute among the 31 NITs was set up in 1959. It was known as Regional Engineering College (REC) at the time of its inception. However, in 2002, it was renamed as NIT Warangal. An act was passed in 2007 and this autonomous institute was declared as an ‘Institute of National Importance’.
- The Institute has been evolving since the beginning of its journey.
- With committed faculty and staff, NIT Warangal has been proving itself on the grounds of technical excellence.
- As per its mission, the institute has been successfully ‘generating a specialized cadre of engineers’ and ‘attaining international standards in teaching, research and consultancy with global linkages’.
- NIT Warangal is one of the top engineering institutes of the country.
- Among the 31 esteemed NITs in India, NIT Warangal ranks 4th following NIT Trichy, NIT Rourkela and NIT Surathkal.
NIT Warangal Highlights
|Counselling Authority||Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA)|
|Admission Process||JoSAA Counselling|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main Scores|
|Minimum Aggregate in 10+2 (or equivalent)||75% for General Category, 65% for SC/ST and other reserved categories|
|Home State Quota||50% reservation|
Admission to B.Tech Courses at NIT Warangal via JEE Main
Admission to all the NITs and for the NIT Warangal is based on the Joint Entrance Exam i.e. JEE Main only. Ranks & scores secured in JEE Main Result are considered for admission to NIT Warangal. The competition is pretty tough, so make sure all the required tips and tricks for JEE Main are in-hand.
B.Tech Courses Offered at NIT Warangal
The following B.Tech specializations are offered in NIT Warangal-
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical and Material Engineering
These eight flagship programs follow a 4-year full-time curriculum. Every year has two semesters each, 8 semesters in total.
- In the first 2 semesters, students of all branches of engineering have a common curriculum to follow.
- Syllabus for the specialized courses is taken up from the third semester.
- Students also have a wide range of elective courses to choose from.
- Project work is assigned in the last two semesters, wherein graduates are judged on the knowledge they have acquired over the years.
Eligibility for B.Tech
- The candidates planning to pursue a UG course at NIT Calicut need to obtain a minimum of 75% in class 12th or top 20 percentile in their respective boards.
- For SC/ST and other reserved category students, the qualifying marks required is a minimum of 65% in their Class 12 exam.
- Also, the individual’s scores in JEE Main will be recorded while shortlisting them amongst others for B. Tech courses offered at NIT Calicut.
NIT Warangal Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses
The cut off for 2020 and 2019 for various top B.Tech courses at NIT Warangal are tabulated below:
|Courses||Closing Rank 2019||Closing Rank 2020|
|Computer Science and Engineering||1980||1541|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||4755||4671|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||22735||24034|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||7090||6985|
Why Choose NIT Warangal?
There are many reasons why NIT Warangal could be a good choice. Some of the points to be considered are given below:
- NIT Warangal has a beautiful residential campus located on a beautiful wooded land. It will give you the best of campus life experience.
- The institute is known for its experienced and dedicated faculty and staff.
- Its campus has various facilities like a bank, post office, shopping centre etc.
- An Innovation Garage has been set up by the institute recently. It is a workspace for innovation run by students.
- Various merit based scholarships are offered to the students at NIT Warangal. These scholarships help the students to incur the financial expenses like fees for the course of study at NIT Warangal.
NIT Warangal Cut Off 2020 for B.Tech Specializations
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority or JoSAA decides on the opening and closing ranks in JEE Main Cut Off required to get admitted into NIT Warangal. There are 6 rounds of selection. The cut-offs vary for the reserved and unreserved category candidates, the categories being divided as General, General PwD, SC, SC PwD, ST, ST PwD, OBC, OBC PwD, EWS. The table below shows NIT Warangal Cut Off 2020.
Computer Science and Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
These tabulated cut-offs are unbiased of gender and for those who belong to states other than Telangana.
- JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Low Rank in JEE Main? Check These Colleges Accepting JEE Main Scores
Faculty at NIT Warangal
- NIT Warangal boasts of its faculty very vividly.
- On average, the members of the faculty are aged 40.
- Along with teaching, the faculty is also involved in Research and Development.
- Most of the teachers in the college PhD holders.
- Teachers are involved in teaching students with more clarity
Facilities Offered at NIT Warangal
Various facilities offered at NIT Warangal campus are listed below:
- Campus Networking Centre:
- CNC provides Internet and Intranet facilities to all users in the Institute.
- Centre has high-end computational servers on which accounts are given to the faculty and students.
- NIT Warangal has an Extensive fibre optic network over the whole campus.
- Central Computer Centre:
- The Centre has 190+ client machines and has a capacity to include 400+ machines.
- Client systems are of both desktop and workstation genre.
- Central Library:
- The central library has over 1, 79,797 lakh paper-based books.
- 2000-online journals are available at NIT
- Engineering Unit:
- There is a separate engineering unit for different courses and specialization is given to each one of them at NIT Warangal.
- Vehicle Section
- For professors and students coming regularly on their own vehicles have a separate section for getting it parked.
- Bank and ATMs:
- A bank is located beside the entrance gate of the college.
- The SBI branch located here also has an attached ATM for its college students.
- Health Centre:
- It is a full-fledged unit with at least one doctor visiting every day and two part-time doctors assisted by supporting staff.
- Guest House:
- When parents visit their children, they can stay in the guesthouses provided by the college.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
NIT Warangal Placements
National Institute of Technology, Warangal has a history of producing praiseworthy engineering graduates who have been recruited by the corporate giants for the most challenging job profiles. From Day 1, students are prepared to face the real world as it waits to test them.
- The Training and Placement Section (TAPS) has been designed to guide and help the graduates to choose the company right for their desired career path.
- It is in charge of organizing campus placements, making sure that every deserving graduate is hired.
- TAPS helps the departments to put into effect any feedback that comes from the visiting companies and make developments in the curriculum.
- It cultivates and maintains industry-institute relations through industrial visits, in-plant training, internships and many more activities.
Around 140-160 companies approach NIT Warangal every year to recruit the best brains. Some of the reputed recruiting partners include – Amazon, Capgemini, Accenture, Deloitte, Dell EMC, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, JP Morgan Chase and Co., Intel Co. and more.
Some company-sponsored competitions are also organized where the winners are directly hired for the sponsoring companies. For instance, Barclays India Hiring Challenge for 2020 Graduates, TCS Global Coding Contest Code-Vita, Google India Women Tech-Makers Program 2019 and similar competitions.
NIT Warangal Recruitment Statistics 2020
Given below is a table that shows the placement statistics for NIT Warangal recruitment 2020.
|No. of Recruiters||177|
|No. of Students Placed||732|
|Highest CTC||INR 43.33 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 12.15 LPA|
NIT Warangal Scholarships
The National Institute of Technology, Warangal also looks after the financial well being of its students. Merit-based scholarships are given to the students who have shown high performance every year.
- At the end of 3 years of the B.Tech course, the institute sponsors their exemplary students for Summer Internship programmes in institutes of repute across the globe.
- Reserved category students, specifically speaking of SC and ST, are given relaxations on payment of tuition fees, subject to their eligibility.
- State governments of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh also render financial assistance to the students of NIT Warangal.
- On a national level, the Government of India and MHRD also provide scholarships to candidates whose family income is low. Students can opt for only one scholarship scheme at a time.
- No backlog students are eligible for scholarships; everyone has to qualify for their upcoming semesters.
NIT Warangal offers Endowment Awards as Gold Medal Winners and Cash Prize Winners to top-performing students of the college. Along with this, NITW also offers admissions to students via Siemens Scholarships which has to be applied separately.
NIT Warangal Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
Considering the facilities provided, NIT Warangal fees is comparatively low from other participating colleges of JEE Main.
|Other Fees (2nd and 3rd year)||500|
|Other Fees (4th year)||1,500|
- Apart from this, students taking in-campus residential facilities have to pay additional charges.
- The fees have to be paid for the 2nd semester of each year.
- SC, ST and PwD students do not have to pay any tuition fees. Only other fees have to be paid by them.
- Similar criteria are followed for students with annual family income below 1 lac.
- Students with family income from 1 to 5 lac per annum have to pay tuition fees of INR 20,833.
Students can also check a detailed B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD Course Fee Structure from this official document.
Answer: Yes, NIT Warangal is a great college. It has good placements and its hostel is Asia’s largest hostel. It has great infrastructure and other facilities.
Answer: NIT Warangal is one of the top ranked institutes. It is good for CSE as it has a great faculty and the placement rate for CSE is over 90% every year.
Last updated on January 19th, 2021 at 09:43 am
Answer: The highest salary offered in 2020 was INR 43.33 LPA.