Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 02:29 pm
NIT Trichy Placement cell acts as a bridge between industry and academia. Amongst all NITs, the first place is occupied by NIT Trichy in terms of its highest placement percentage.
- The Department of Training and Placement Cell at NIT Trichy is responsible for organizing industrial visits and providing training to students to become industry ready after their graduation and thus increase their chances of getting placed.
- On average, B.Tech students receive a package of INR 6 lakhs per annum. Every year, more than 220 plus companies participate in the recruitment drive of NIT Trichy. The top recruiters at NIT Trichy include GE, Facebook, L&T, TCS, Google, IBM etc.
- The NIT Trichy placement percentage was 96% for undergraduate students that got placed.
For the past 3 years straight, 100% placement trend is observed in the Computer Science and Engineering branch of B. Tech.
- NIT Trichy B.Tech Fee Structure
- How is IIIT Sri City Functioning During COVID-19?
- Placements at NIT Uttarakhand
NIT Trichy Placement Highlights 2020
|Total Companies Participated||220+|
|Students Registered for Placement||NA|
|Total Students Recruited||96.2%|
|Highest CTC||INR 40 Lakhs per annum|
|Median CTC||INR 6 Lakhs per annum|
|Lowest CTC||INR 4.5 Lakhs per annum|
|Total Number of Internships Offered||NA|
- NIT Manipur: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, and more
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
NIT Trichy Placement Statistics
NIT Trichy placement ratio of B. Tech and dual degree course has seen a significant rise when compared to previous years. Placement statistics of certain branches of B. Tech have stayed above 90% throughout the 3 years. The branches that are considered under B. Tech courses include Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, ICE etc. The highest percentage of placements took place in CSE followed by ECE and MME respectively. The placement ratios for 2018-19 are given in the table below.
|Department||Total Percentage of Students placed|
- NIT Patna: Check Fee Structure for B. Tech Courses
- NIT Kurukshetra Top Recruiters and Placements Records
- IIT Jodhpur: Cut Off for B.Tech courses
List of Top Companies at NIT Trichy Placement
NIT Trichy is well known for its highest placement percentage recorded amongst all NITs. There is a huge demand for NIT Trichy graduates in the job market for their skills and qualifications. Maximum companies that visited for NIT Trichy Placement drive are from the manufacturing sector. However, it is the technology sector that has bagged majority placement offers than other sectors. Here is the list of top recruiters of NIT Trichy graduates:
|Hexaware||Ma Foi Foundation|
|HCL||ING Vysya Bank|
- IIIT Guwahati: Fees, Cut off and More
- B. Tech Admission Process at NIT Delhi
- NIT Puducherry Admission Process, Cut Off, Fees and More
NIT Trichy Summer Internship
Every year, NIT Trichy placement cell sends invitations in the form of brochures to companies asking them to join in the recruitment process at NIT Trichy. Company responds through mails and allocates a placement officer to coordinate with college authorities. After obtaining all the details, schedules are made for pre and post-placement activities. Companies shortlist candidates and provide them offer letters.
Types of Internships
- Research Internships: These internships test student’s knowledge and skills in their core department of study. Majority of students pursue research internships in the field of either engineering courses or applied sciences. The internship can be done at an academic institution or private research institute and it can be theoretical or experimental in nature. Students in their 2nd and 3rd year are eligible to apply for these internships. Most popular research internships are offered by Indian Academy of Sciences, JNCASR, SN Bose Fellowship, MITACS, DAAD WISE, CHARPAK etc. NIT Trichy students can apply for these internships via email.
- Company Internships: Companies recruit students for internships in various fields such as core, management, techno-management, software and hardware profiles. The main objective of these internships is to equip students with time management skills, work ethics, discipline and company politics. The students at NIT Trichy can apply for these internships through Training and Placement cell of NIT Trichy, Email and Linkedin, Websites like Internshala and twenty19 or through contacts.
- The students of B. Tech have to mandatorily undergo a 2-month internship worth 2 credits in their 3rd year of college.
- M.Tech students should do their internship in 1st year during summer break
- The students of B. Arch have to undergo a 5-month internship worth 10 credits in their 4th year.
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Calicut Admissions via JEE Main, Cut-Offs, Fees and More
NIT Trichy Internship Statistics over the years
In the year 2018-19, more than 220 plus recruiters participated in the internship drive at NIT Trichy to recruit students for full-time jobs and also as interns. The Department of Training and Placement cell at NIT Trichy helps students secure jobs or internships. Majority of students were interested to pursue their internship in Research, followed by Core and Management. Majority of students secured summer internships through contacts followed by mailing, websites, on-campus recruitments in that order.
- The highest salary offered for students of NIT Trichy outside India was $125,000
- The highest salary offered for NIT Trichy students is INR 40 lakhs per annum.
- 100 percent of CSE students got placed in the year 2018-19.
- List of B. Tech Courses Offered by IIT Kharagpur
- Why Should One Choose NIT Surathkal Over Other NITs?
- JEE Main Exam Pattern
NIT Trichy Placements and Internship FAQs
Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 01:30 pm
Ans: CSE and ECE are the two branches of B. Tech that has got 100% placement.
Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 01:31 pm
Ans: Every year, 220 plus companies participate in the NIT Trichy recruitment process. At the Undergraduate level, the placement ratio is at 96.2% while at Postgraduate level, the placement ratio is at 92.9%.
Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 01:33 pm
Ans: The average package offered to graduates of NIT Trichy is 6 lakhs per annum. There is a significant increase in the average package offered when compared to past years.
Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 01:34 pm
Ans: Yes. NIT Trichy offers placement offers even outside India. The highest package so far provided is $1,25,000.
Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 01:35 pm
Ams: The top recruiters at NIT Trichy include GE, Facebook, L&T, TCS etc.