Last updated on October 31st, 2020 by user
NIT Trichy provides several UG and PG Courses along different technical streams and extends it to both Indians and Foreign Students (DASA). NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B.Tech (Academic Year 2020-21) has been revised recently amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Admissions in B.Tech are conducted through JoSAA Counselling based on All India Ranks (AIR) scored in JEE Main 2020.
- NIT Trichy Tuition Fee per semester is ₹62,500. There are several other fees like Computer Fee, Library Fee, etc that are charged every semester.
- If a student applies for Hostel Facilities, they are charged according to the service they have opted.
There are also some one-time fees like caution money and registration fees which will be charged during admission only. Institute Caution Money and Library Caution Money is refundable after completion of the course.
|Institute Name||NIT Trichy|
|Institute Type||Government | Autonomous|
|Total Semester Fees (B.Tech/B.Arch)||₹74,150|
|DASA Students Seats||Available|
|Admissions via||JEE Main Counselling|
- Top Engineering Colleges in India – IITs, NITs, NIRF Rankings
- NIT Surathkal Admission Process through JEE Main
NIT Trichy 2020-21 B.Tech Fee Structure (Revised for COVID-19)
The following table describes the NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B.Tech in a detailed manner.
- Both semester-wise and One-time fees have been mentioned in the table.
- Fees for some facilities are also mentioned here. However, such fees have to be paid by only those students who avail of those facilities.
- Fee waivers are also available for SC/ST/PwD students.
- Day scholars do not have to pay hostel or mess fees.
|Description||Semester 1 (in ₹)||Semester 2 (in ₹)||Semester 3 (in ₹)||Semester 4 (in ₹)|
|Sports Facilitation Fee||200||200||200||200|
|Associate and Cultural Fee||800||800||800||800|
|Medical and Insurance||250||250||250||250|
|Hostel Seat Rent, Electricity & Water Charges||6600||6600||6600||6600|
|Total of Semester Fee (A)||74,150||74,150||74,150||74,150|
|Institute Caution Deposit||5000||–||–||–|
|Library Caution Deposit||2000||–||–||–|
|Hostel Caution Deposit||4000||–||–||–|
|Total of Refundable Fee (B)||11,000||NA||NA||NA|
|Students’ Welfare Fund||–||–||–||–|
|Campus Development Fee||10,000||–||–||–|
|Hostel Admission fee||1000||–||–||–|
|Alumni Global Interaction Fee||1000||–||–||–|
|Total of One Time Fee (C)||18,250||NA||NA||NA|
|Mess Advance (6 months)||21,600||21,600||21,600||21,600|
|Advance for Extra||2000||2000||2000||2000|
|Total Advance Fee (D)||23,600||23,600||23,600||23,600|
|Total Amount (A + B + C + D)||1,27,000||97,750||97,750||97,750|
*Tuition Fee is waived off for SC/ST/PwD category students.
NIT Trichy Fee Structure for International Students
NIT Trichy also offers Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA), with modifications in their fee structure. The following table indicates the NIT Trichy Fee Structure for students admitted through DASA entry.
|Type||Tuition Fees (USD)||Other Fees – One Time, Annual, Hostel Rent (INR)|
|SAARC Countries||$2000 per semester||INR 40,950 per semester|
|Non-SAARC Countries||$4000 per semester||INR 40,950 per semester|
|DASA-Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWG)||INR 62,500 per semester||INR 40,950 per semester|
NIT Trichy Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
NIT Trichy extends multiple Scholarship Schemes to assist needy and meritorious students in gaining a world-class knowledge with minimum strain possible. Following are some of those scholarships.
Please note that scholarship/waiver may vary, and students are advised to further research on these scholarships for a better insight.
- Abundant Cauvery Delta Education Fund Scholarship to BTech and B. Arch. Students.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for meritorious SC/ST Students.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Odisha Government for SC/ST Students.
- Tamil Nadu Government awards the scholarship to the citizens of Tamil Nadu.
- State governments Scholarship to the minority students of their respective state.
- There are various scholarship schemes for handicapped and disabled students.
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) scholarship.
- Engineers India Limited has designed a scholarship scheme for the SC/ST students.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) has also implemented the scholarship.
- Adi-Dravidar Scholarships
- RICAL Scholarships
- Shri J. Ramakrishnan Memorial Scholarship
- Silver 72 Trust Scholarship
- Bihar Minority Scholarship
Other than this, NIT Trichy offers full exemption from tuition fees for SC/ST/PwD category students. This reduces their total semester fees by INR 62,500. Apart from the above scholarships, students can also apply for Student Loan in different banks. Some of them offer assistance on the spot itself.
For elaborate details on Scholarships by NIT Trichy, you can refer to its official website.
How to pay NIT Trichy Fees?
Let us check on various steps to follow for paying the NIT Trichy Fees.
Mode of Payments
- Payments are being accepted through SBI Collect (State Bank of India) only.
- Payments through SBI Collect can be done by using this link (only for NIT Trichy) – https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm?corpID=88587
- Currently, Cash/Demand Draft/Cheques, etc are NOT ACCEPTED.
- If a student has availed the facility of EDUCATION LOAN, then NIT Trichy Fees could be remitted through NEFT in the following account-
For ALL B.Tech./B.Arch. Students
|Account Name||FEE ACCOUNT, NIT, Trichy|
In case of payments through NEFT mode, students’ particulars must be provided along with the proof of payment with UTR No. Student roll number and name must be provided by the remitter.
Latest JEE Main News
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
- Integrated B.Tech Course - What is it and Where To Pursue it?
- AICTE Says PCM Not Mandatory For Engineering: Boon or Bane?
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
Instructions for NIT Trichy Fees Payment
- There is no provision for acceptance of part payment.
- Students availing Bank loans / Scholarships are required to pay the fee on time, even if the credit payment of bank loan/scholarship has been delayed.
- The bank loan/scholarship money subsequently received is transferred to the students account by the institution.
- In case of payments made through SWIFT mode (international payments), the students are mandatorily required to provide the proof of payment to the Institute’s Fees Section along with student information.
- After the final payment of NIT Trichy fees, all students must submit a photocopy of the payment receipt to the Institute’s Fee Section. Inability to submit the same will result in the student being considered as a defaulter.
- Currently, NIT Trichy is only accepting ONLINE payments/remittances.
You Might Like-
NOTE: The above information is subject to changes by NIT Trichy authorities. For detailed information and exact data on NIT Trichy Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.