Last updated on November 20th, 2020 at 10:31 am
NIT Sikkim fee structure is the same for all the students with suitable fee waivers for unreserved categories. Students can pay the NIT Sikkim Fee Through the online mode as well as the offline mode. As regards other NITs, NIT Sikkim Fee Structure has the same tuition fee with minor changes in a hostel and other charges.
- The total annual amount of Institute and Hostel fees for B.Tech Courses at NIT Sikkim is INR 2,00,000 (approx.) per year.
- Meritorious Students belonging to SC, ST and Minority Communities are awarded ten Scholarships per batch per year.
- The most economically backward students whose family income is less than INR 1 lakh per annum will get full remission of the Tuition Fee.
NIT Sikkim Fee Structure 2020-21 (B.Tech)
Given below is the detailed breakdown of NIT Sikkim Fee Structure from the latest updated official source.
|Description||Semester 1 (In INR)||Semester 2 (In INR)||Semester 3 (In INR)||Semester 4 (In INR)||Semester 5 (In INR)||Semester 6 (In INR)||Semester 7 (In INR)||Semester 8 (In INR)|
|Students Amenities Fee||800||800||800||800||800||800||800||800|
|Medical Registration Fee||800||800||800||800||800||800||800||800|
|Electricity, Water and Cleaning Charges (including Hostel rent)||750||750||750||750||750||750||750||750|
|Total of Semester Fee||89000||80500||80500||80500||80500||80500||80500||80500|
|Caution Deposit (One time & refundable on condition)||3000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Mess Caution Deposit||5000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Hostel Caution Deposit||3000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total of Refundable Fee||11000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Alumni Association Fee||1000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total of one time non-refundable Fee||3100||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Mess Maintenance Charge||750||750||750||750||750||750||750||750|
|Training & Placement Fee||1000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total of M.M.C, Library, Development, and Misc. Fee||3400||2400||2400||2400||2400||2400||2400||2400|
|Total Institute Fee (for all other category)||73000||66400||66400||66400||66400||66400||66400||66400|
|Total Institute Fee (for 2/3rd fee remission category)||31334||24734||24734||24734||24734||24734||24734||24734|
|Total Institute Fee (for SC/ST/PH category)||10500||3900||3900||3900||3900||3900||3900||3900|
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
NIT Sikkim Fee Structure for International Students
The NIT Sikkim fee structure is different for foreign students than native students. The table below shows the tuition fees charged per annum (excluding additional applicable charges) for the international students:
|Country||Tuition Fee per annum (INR)|
|International Students Under DASA||USD 4000/- Per Sem|
|International Students Under CIWG||INR 62500/- Per Sem|
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
NIT Sikkim Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
NIT Sikkim offers various scholarships and financial assistance to the students. In some of the rare cases, there will be fee waivers for the students.
- There will be a 100% tuition fee waiver, for students belonging to the SC, ST and PwD categories.
- As for General and OBC students with the annual family income of less than Rs, 1 lakh, there will be full remission of the tuition fees.
- For the students belonging to the general and OBC categories – with the family income being between INR 1 lakh and INR 5 lakh per annum – remission of 2/3rd of the tuition fee is allowed.
- Students belonging to the SC/ST Categories and Minority Communities can also get financial assistance in regards to books, living expenses and other expenses under different Schemes of Central and State Government
- Apart from the mentioned Schemes, the students may also apply for _central sector scheme of scholarships for college and university students under the department of higher education.
- National Fellowship and Scholarship Scheme for Higher Education of ST Students. Students get INR 3000/- for Books & Stationery per annum per student, INR 2200/- for Living expenses per month, INR 45000/- One-time assistance during the course.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for SC students.
- Central Sector Scheme of scholarship for college and university students.
- Merit cum Mean Based scholarship for students belonging to Minority Communities
- Central Sector Scholarship for students with Disabilities
- Scholarships from other states & funding agencies
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
How to pay NIT Sikkim Fees?
Students can pay NIT Sikkim Fee online or offline as per their preference. The detailed steps to pay the fee online are given below:
Mode of Payment
- First of all, Candidates are advised to visit the official website of NIT Sikkim.
- Then Search for the admission tab and click on Fee Payment.
- Provide details of Payment.
- Select the payment category and make the payment. Also, Do not forget to take the print out of the payment for future reference.
- IIIT Bangalore: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Courses, Scholarships and More
- IIIT Bhubaneswar Cut Off for JEE Main
- Due to the global pandemic, NIT Sikkim Fee structure has been revised for the academic year 2020-21. Students are not required to pay hostel fee, mess advance and other optional charges till the institute reopens.
- The above information is subject to changes by NIT Sikkim authorities. For detailed information and exact data on NIT Sikkim Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.