Last updated on October 6th, 2020 at 04:57 pm
The National Institute of Technology, Rapur, also known as NIT Raipur, is a public university located in Raipur. NIT Raipur is amongst 31 NITs accepted by the Government of India. The university offers admission to both UG and postgraduate courses like B. Tech, B. Arch, and M. Tech. In addition to these popular courses, the institute also offers Ph. D programs in different fields.
The foundation stone of the institute was laid by the first president of India, Dr Rajendra Prasad in 1956 and building opening ceremony by India’s first prime minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru in 1963.
- NIT is located in Raipur, Chattisgarh, and is a green campus spread over 100 acres of land.
- Presently, more than 23 courses at different UG, PG, and PhD levels with technology being the major stream are offered at NIT Raipur.
- The campus is spread on 100 acres of land and includes all the basic and much-required amenities such as hospital, telecom center, shopping center, banks, post office, stadium, etc.
- NIT Raipur placement in 2020 witnessed significant increase as compared to previous years’ records.
- NIT Raipur holds 67th position in the top engineering colleges in India.
NIT Raipur Highlights
|Placement rate: 2019-20||More than 80%|
|Type of Programs||B. Arch, B.Tech , M.Tech, etc.|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main, GATE|
|Application Mode||Online, Offline|
|Mode of education||Regular, part-time|
|Number of courses offered||Many|
NIT Raipur: B. Tech Admission through JEE Main
The selection of suitable candidates for B. Tech courses at NIT Raipur will be based on the marks obtained in JEE Main.
B.Tech Courses Offered at NIT Raipur
NIT is the prime institute offering B. Tech programs in 11 specializations as UG courses. B. Tech is a full-time program whose duration is 4 years.
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer science Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Advantage of Pursuing Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) in IIT Kharagpur
- Bachelor Courses Offered at NIT Jalandhar
NIT Raipur Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates qualifying for the admission in NITs must have taken the JEE (Main) exam.
- They need to achieve a minimum of 75% marks in 10+2 (PCM division).
- The candidates planning to get admission to Programs at NITs will be given admissions on the basis of the ranks secured in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
NIT Raipur Admission Process
JoSAA conducts counselling and seat allocation process for admissions to NIT Raipur similar to all the other JoSAA Participating institutes. A valid JEE Main or equivalent entrance examination score is considered while preparing the category-wise merit list of All India Rank (AIR) of candidates.
- The candidates who have cleared 10+2 are entitled to apply for UG courses and ones who have completed graduation are eligible to apply for PG courses.
- The candidates’ JEE Main scores are considered while shortlisting them for B. Tech and B. Arch courses.
- Final selection will be based on JEE (Main) rank and via JoSAA Counselling.
NIT Raipur Cut Off for Top Courses
Most of the times, candidates with JEE Main rank less than 11,000 get admission into the Computer Science Engineering branch of NIT Raipur, and candidates having rank under 14,000 get admission into the Information Technology department.
The closing cut off rank for admission into some of the top specializations of NIT Raipur, for the general category, for the last few years is mentioned below:
By considering the past three years’ NIT cutoffs, it is clear that the five most popular courses offered at the institute are B. Tech Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), B. Tech in Information Technology, B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), B. Tech in Electrical Engineering (EE) and B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering (ME).
Study At NIT Raipur During COVID-19
The National Institute of Technology, Raipur (NIT-RR) recently started taking classes online amid the COVID-19 pandemic across the country. Amid the COVID-19 lockdown, the National Institute of Technology, Raipur, held its examination online, in the digital format for the final year.
Recently, the Department of Chemistry in collaboration with The Department of Information Technology, NIT Raipur conducted a Five Days International Online Workshop entitled “Combating CoVID-19: It’s time to Respond with Resilience”.
- The workshop was conducted between 30 June and 4 July 2020.
- The online workshop was arranged to help participants learn the lessons from COVID-19.
- Why Opting NIT Trichy After JEE Main Is A Decent Alternative To IITs?
- How is NIT Hamirpur Coping with COVID-19?
Why choose NIT Raipur?
The National Institute of Technology, Raipur, which was established in 1956 by Rajendra Prasad, the first President of the country, is one of the best and oldest institutes of engineering in the country. In 1956, the first batch of 15 students was granted admission in each of the Mining and Metallurgical engineering departments.
- Recognition- Ministry of Human Resource Development [MHRD]
- Approvals- NIRF
- Exams- JEE, GATE
- The placement rate for the previous year 2019-20 was greater than 80%. Some of the well-known recruiters that take part in the placement round at NIT Raipur Infosys, Hindustan Petroleum, TVS, Amazon, Samsung, Oracle, JP Morgan Chase, Adobe, Aditya Birla Group,, etc.
- NIT Raipur campus is spread over 100 acres of land. The place is well-connected to major cities such as Mumbai, Nagpur, Delhi and Chennai.
- Many scholarships are offered to UG, PG and PhD students.
- 27% of the total seats are reserved for OBC, 7.5% is for ST, 15% for SC and 10% for the economically weaker sections of the society.
NIT Raipur: JEE Main Cut Off for B. Tech Specialization
NIT Raipur offers admission on the basis of JEE Main cut off. NIT Raipur cut off 2019 for B.Tech specialization are tabulated below:
Read IIT Goa Cut Off
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
NIT Raipur: Reservation Through JEE Main Counselling (JoSAA)
Students qualifying JEE Main will be eligible to take part in JoSAA Counselling.
|Category||Reservation Of Seats (In Percentage)|
|OBC candidates (non-creamy layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||5%|
|General Economically Weaker Section (General- EWS)||10%|
Candidates who scored qualifying marks in JEE Main 2020 will be eligible for seat allocation at NIT and all other participating institutes.
How can one claim Reservation for JEE Main 2020?
- Students must mention their category and other details at the time of filling the JEE Main Application Form.
- They must present the relevant and valid certificates that can be verified at the time of counselling.
- If the students are not able to produce the needed documents, they will not be given the advantage.
Faculty at NIT Raipur
Highly experienced and well-educated faculty are appointed by the institute that offers quality education to the students. Aged 35-40, the lecturers at NIT Raipur are PhD holders. As per the student’s review, the faculty is very supportive. These lecturers also possess research papers in their name too.
Some of the top faculty at the institute include:
- Dr Sanjay Kumar- B.E.(CSE) M.Tech.(CSE), PhD – Assistant Professor
- Dr Tirath Prasad Sahu- PhD, M.Tech, B.Tech – Assistant Professor
- Dr Mridu Sahu- PhD ( NIT Raipur), M.Tech(RIT, Raipur), B.Tech (MANIT Bhopal) – Assistant Professor
Various Facilities Provided at NIT Raipur Campus
NIT Raipur offers world-class infrastructure and modern facilities to the students pursuing their studies here. The technologically advanced NIT Raipur is amongst the old and renowned institutes in India offering UG and PG courses.
- The central library of NIT Raipur has a vast collection of more than 1 lakh of documents including textbooks, reference books and back volume journals. Besides, it has a subscription to numerous print journals and online resources.
- The Central Library is the main center of attraction at the campus.
- NIT Raipur has a different hostel facility for boys and girls; also it ensures that all the students live in a safe and secure way. Presently there are 7 hostel buildings for boys that can accommodate 836 students and three hostels for girls with 434 students
- The hostels at NIT Raipur are well equipped with modern facilities and facilities that help make stay more comfortable.
NIT Raipur: Placement Report
The average package offered to the B. Tech students at NIT Raipur is almost 7LPA. The highest package offered in 2019 was 38 LPA which was bagged by a CSE student. The college maintains a record of about 80% placements each year. Some of the leading recruiters of the season at this college are Infoedge, Siemens, Adobe, Barclays, Capgemini, FIAT, Reliance, TATA, Oracle, Amazon, etc.
NIT Raipur Placement Highlights 2019
- In NIT Raipur recruitment session 2019, more than 80 companies participated and visited the institute.
- The highest salary offered to the B. Tech students were 7.6 LPA while the average salary offered was 4.18 LPA.
- Out of the many streams, Computer Science and Engineering students received the maximum number of offers, 88.
- Leading recruiters include Cognizant, Barclays, Infosys, Hindustan Petroleum, TVS.
Some other national and multinational companies that were a part of placement drive at NIT Raipur include Adani Group, Mu Sigma, L & T Construction, Lafarge, FIAT, etc.
Scholarships Offered by NIT Raipur
NIT Raipur scholarships are offered to deserving students. A few scholarships are mentioned below:
- This college offers assistantships to the qualifying students on a ‘merit-cum-means’ basis, especially to meritorious students and the ones who belong to poor economic backgrounds.
- Education Loans: Education loans can be used by the needy and deserving candidates from Nationalized Banks at reasonable rates of interest.
- Fee Waiver Scheme: The State Government also offers a fee waiver scheme to help meritorious students coming from poor families.
NIT Raipur Fee Structure for B.Tech Courses
NIT Raipur fees for B.Tech courses (per semester) is mentioned below:
|Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech]||4 years||INR 5,00,000|
|Bachelor of Architecture [B.Arch]||5 years||INR 6,25,000|
Food and Accommodation
|Particulars||Amount in INR|
|Electricity and Water||3000|
|Family income less than 5 LPA and more than 1 LPA||2/3rd of the tuition fee|
|Family Income less than 1 LPA||100%|
NIT Raipur FAQs
Ans. The candidates are entitled to apply for numerous scholarship in the following categories
- Scholarships for SC/ST candidates
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
- Scholarship available by National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation
Ans. Yes, NIT Raipur offers separate hostels for boys and girls. However, the seats are few so accommodation is offered based on their scores. All the basic amenities are made available to the students, the hostel also offers a mess facility.
Ans. The CSE branch at NIT Raipur is good as the majority of the students get placed in top-leading companies like Amazon, Samsung, Oracle, Microsoft among many others. Also, many students get an opportunity to work in PSU like BPCL & CIL, etc.
Answer: No, admission in NIT Raipur is offered based on the JEE Main scores.
Answer: Yes, NIT Raipur has been accorded the status of a deemed university.