Last updated on December 15th, 2020 at 12:25 pm
NIT Meghalaya fee structure for the current academic year is updated on the institute’s official website. National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya or NITM is one of the prominent NITs located in Meghalaya, Shillong. It is one among the 31 NITs introduced under the NIT Act, 2007. It was first commenced in the year of 2010 and started operating from its temporary campus in Shillong in 2012.
- Like the other national educational institutes, the same also received full funding from the Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Government of India.
- NITM is one of the top engineering colleges in India, and was ranked 61 in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) engineering of 2020.
- The University is known for offering for B.Tech/ M.Tech /M.Sc/ PhD.
- The total duration of the B.Tech programs is 4 years encompassing a total of 8 semesters.
- The total fee for the course is ~INR 8,36,000, which can be paid semester wise.
NIT Meghalaya fee structure is updated every semester and students are notified through the official website and college authority. The university offers no dual degrees as of now.
- NIT Meghalaya Cut Off for JEE Main: Opening and Closing Rank
- VNIT Nagpur Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-2021
- NIT Srinagar Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions- 2020-2021
NIT Meghalaya Fee Structure 2020: Highlights
|Name of the Institute||National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya|
|Institute Type||Government- Autonomous|
|Year of Establishment||2010|
- NIT Goa Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions- 2020-2021
- MNIT Jaipur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020- 2021
- NIT Agartala Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-2021
NIT Meghalaya Fee Structure 2020-21 (B.Tech)
Admission for B.Tech courses at NIT Meghalaya is done through JEE Main exam, and the seats are allocated through JoSAA counseling. Here is the updated NIT Meghalaya fee structure for the academic year 2020-21 in detail.
|Description||Sem 1 (in ₹)||Sem 2 (in ₹)||Sem 3 (in ₹)||Sem 4 (in ₹)||Sem 5 (in ₹)||Sem 6 (in ₹)||Sem 7 (in ₹)||Sem 8 (in ₹)|
|Examination & Grade Card fee||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|Student Activity Fee||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000|
|Hostel Seat Rent||7,500||7,500||7,500||7,500||7,500||7,500||7,500||7,500|
|Electricity and Water Charges||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500|
|Hostel Establishment Fee||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000||2,000|
|Total of semester fee||1,02,500||1,02,500||1,02,500||1,02,500||1,02,500||1,02,500||1,02,500||1,02,500|
|Total Refundable fee||10,000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Identity Card Fee||150||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Students’ Welfare Fund||2,000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Degree Certificate Fee||1,000||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Hostel Admission fee||500||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
|Total of One Time Fee||5,650||–||–||–||–||–||–||–|
- NIT Puducherry Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions- 2020-21
- NIT Jalandhar Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Sikkim Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
NIT Meghalaya Fee Structure for International Students
|SAARC Countries||NIL||USD 1000||USD 1500||USD 2000|
|Non-SAARC Countries||NIL||USD 2000||USD 3000||USD 4000|
Other Semester Fees
|Caution Fee||INR 1000|
|Institutional & Hostel Admission Fee||USD 100|
|Total One-time Fee||USD 100 + INR 1000|
|Hostel Fee||USD 500|
|Exam Fee||USD 50|
|Admission/Enrolment Fee||USD 50|
|Library & Book Purchase Fee||USD 50|
|Laboratory & Internet Access Fee||USD 50|
|Student Activity Fee||USD 50|
|Total Other Fee||USD 750|
|Total Semester Fee (excluding Tuition Fee)||USD 850 + INR 1000|
- JEE Main Cut Off For Top NITs
- NIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
NIT Meghalaya Fee Structure 2020:Fee Waivers & Scholarships
- Tuition Fee waived for students belonging to the SC/ST/PH categories;
- For SC/ST/PH non-hosteller total amount payable is INR 15,750
- For SC/ST/PH hosteller total amount payable is INR 45,250
In addition to this, the following scholarships are also offered for NIT Meghalaya B.Tech students.
- Top 5% of students from a B.Tech batch are offered a scholarship of 40% of the total tuition fee amount.
- Eligible students are selected based on their CGPA of the previous semester.
- The scholarship can be availed from the second semester of the course until the 8th semester.
- Students are considered for this merit-based scholarship only if they have a CGPA of 8.5 or above.
- In case a student receives this scholarship for the entire course duration, then they will be awarded with a certificate of merit.
Merit cum Means Scholarship
- This scholarship is also similar to the Merit scholarship.
- Only difference is that the 40% tuition fee amount is awarded as a scholarship to the top 5% non-creamy layer students of a B.Tech batch.
- They should fulfill a CGPA requirement of 7 or above to be eligible for merit-cum-means scholarship.
- Another eligibility requirement is that the annual income of the parents should not be above INR 4.5 LPA.
- This scholarship is also provided from the 2nd semester to the 8th semester.
The application for these scholarships are invited during the end semester from eligible students.
- NIT Kurukshetra Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Raipur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Durgapur Fee Structure for B.Tech Admission 2020-21
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
How to Pay NIT Meghalaya Fees?
- Visit the official website of NIT Meghalaya.
- Click on the Fee option under the admission section
- Follow the link “make payment through online SBI Collect” to pay the required fee online.
- Refer to the guidelines before proceeding.
- Accept all the conditions by clicking on the check box and then proceed
- Select the state of your institution and then select the institution name
- Make the payment and print the receipt for future reference.
- Students should note that the above information about NIT Meghalaya fee structure is based on the latest information provided on the official website.
- The data will change according to further updates and changes in the institute’s fee structure and payment terms. Ensure by contacting officials before making any payments.