NIT Jamshedpur is one of the most prestigious National Institute of Technology (NITs), situated in Jharkhand. Students find NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure suitable due to various scholarships available for category students and top performers.
- For B. Tech from NIT Jamshedpur, candidates have to clear JEE Main with a rank within the NIT Jamshedpur cut off for the respective year.
- Seats are allotted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) on the basis of performance of the Candidate.
- NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure is similar to that of other NITs. As compared to Private Institutes, the fee of NIT is very nominal and affordable.
- Tuition Fee is around ₹ 7.16 lakh for 4 years for General and OBC students. SC/ST, and other reserved category students avail some benefits with respect to tuition fees.
- Scholarships and Fee Waivers are also provided to the meritorious and needy students.
|Institute Name||NIT Jamshedpur|
|Parent Institute||National Institute of Technology (NITs)|
|Semester Fees||INR 104,500|
|International Students Seats||Available|
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- NIT Rourkela Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
- IITs Vs NITs: What to Choose and How to Choose?
- IIIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure 2021 (B.Tech)
NIT Jamshedpur Fee structure for each semester is provided in the following table.
- NIT Jamshedpur has semester wise tuition fee of around ₹ 62,500 for General and OBC Candidates. No tuition fee is charged on SC/ ST Students.
- There are some one-time charges that have to be paid only once, and other fees that are charged every semester.
- Fees for facilities like Hostel, Mess, etc. has to be paid by the students who are availing these facilities.
Please note that the following table has been made according to the latest data of NIT Jamshedpur fee structure available on the official website and other online resources. However, students are advised to confirm the fee structure once from the Institute before proceeding.
|Description||Sem 1 (in ₹)||Sem 2 (in ₹)||Sem 3 (in ₹)||Sem 4 (in ₹)||Sem 5 (in ₹)||Sem 6 (in ₹)||Sem 7 (in ₹)||Sem 8 (in ₹)|
|Hostel Room Rent||6000||6000||6000||6000||6000||6000||6000||6000|
|Hostel Establishment Charges||7000||7000||7000||7000||7000||7000||7000||7000|
|Total Semester Fee||88,000||88,000||88,000||88,000||88,000||88,000||88,000||88,000|
|Total Refundable Fee||10,000||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Total One Time Fee||2000||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- NIT Trichy Fee Structure for B. Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Silchar: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- IIT Madras Fee Structure For B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure for International Students
NIT Jamshedpur also gives admission to International Students with slight modifications in their fee structure. The following table indicates NIT Jamshedpur fee structure for students from abroad.
- NIT Patna: Admission Process via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships and More
- IIT Kharagpur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Roorkee Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure: Scholarships and Fee Waivers
NIT Jamshedpur provides scholarships and fee waivers to its meritorious and needy students. Several scholarships are provided by NIT Jamshedpur, which is listed below:-
- Welfare Dept., Govt. of Jharkhand
- Students must belong to Jharkhand.
- Students from SC/ST/OBC category can only avail this scholarship.
- Family income of SC / ST Candidate must not exceed ₹ 2,00,000.
- Family Income of OBC Candidate must not exceed ₹ 1,00,000.
- Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access
- Total of 50 Scholarships
- Students should belong to BPL Category.
- Must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Tuition Fee, Maintenance Charges, Hostel Fee, and Mess charges are provided.
- For 1st year UG Students.
- Scholarship of ONGC Limited, Dehradun
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering toppers get this scholarship.
- It is provided after the 6th Semester.
- Annual family income of the student must not be more than ₹1.5 Lakhs per annum.
- Candidates must have secured 60% marks in 12th and a minimum of 6.0 CGPA.
Apart from these, there are other Scholarship Programs too, including,
- Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir
- National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation
- NTPC Scholarship for Engineering Students
- Indian Oil Educational Scholarship Scheme
- CDIF Scholarship Program TATA CUMMINS
- Merit cum Means Scholarship
- O.P. Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarships (OPJEMS)
For more details on the above scholarships, candidates may refer to the official website of NIT Jamshedpur.
- IIT Hyderabad Fee Structure For B. Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIT Delhi Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Hamirpur: Admission Process through JEE Main, Cut Off and More
- NIT Calicut Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
How to pay NIT Jamshedpur Fees?
Paying NIT Jamshedpur fee is an easy task. NIT Jamshedpur accepts semester fee through SBI e-collect, which is available on the official website of the university. One can pay the fee offline as well. However, in the current circumstances, it is advised to learn and understand the mode of online payment. Students can follow the given steps to make payments to NIT Jamshedpur in online mode.
- Open the official website of NIT Jamshedpur.
- Under the link showing Academics, click on Fee Structure.
- In the left-hand corner, click on “Click here to make payment” button.
- Read the instructions carefully before proceeding with the payment.
- Click on the check box once you have understood the instructions.
- Click on “Proceed” Button.
- Follow the process and instruction on the payment portal.
- Enter OTP whenever asked.
- Make the payment in a secure manner.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NIT Jamshedpur has turned its education medium from offline to online mode until a proper solution is achieved for safety. Due to the sudden change, NIT Jamshedpur Fee structure was revised for the academic year 2020-21. Hence, students need not pay hostel and mess charges till the college reopens again.
- The above information is subject to changes by NIT Jamshedpur authorities. Candidates who wish to get detailed information and exact data on NIT Jamshedpur Fees Structure refer to the official college website.