Last updated on October 13th, 2020 at 01:04 pm
Declared as an institute of National importance, NIT Delhi was established in the year 2010, under the act of parliament.
- NIT Delhi ranking by the NIRF is 251 among the top engineering colleges and it ranks 25th by India Today among the 30 engineering colleges in India.
- NIT Delhi started its academic session with only three disciplines for B.Tech degree programs in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, and Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Admission in various B.tech programs in NIT Delhi is done via JEE Main followed by JoSAA Counselling.
- The highest placement package recorded was INR 42 LPA.
Read the following article to get a better understanding of the admission process, placements, cut off and so on.
NIT Delhi Highlights
|Type||Public Technical University (Autonomous)|
|Type of programs||UG, PG, Doctorate|
|Courses offered||B. Tech, M. Tech, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main and 10+2 (for B-Tech)|
|Highest Placement Package||INR 42LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Paytm, Amazon, Ask IT Services, etc.|
|Facilities||Auditoriums, Lecture Halls, Canteens, Gym, etc.|
NIT Delhi: B.Tech Admissions through JEE Main
NIT Delhi offers admission to the students based on marks and rank secured in JEE Main. Every year exam is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) for IITs, NITs, GFTIs, and other universities across the country. The number of seats is very less in the NITs. Hence, seats are offered only to the deserving candidates.
B.Tech Courses offered by NIT Delhi
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Applied Sciences
Eligibility for B.Tech Courses
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 75% in 10+2 with a science stream or get top 20 percentile to be eligible to appear for JEE Main.
- However, due to the novel coronavirus, this year 2020, candidates are required to pass 10+2 from the science stream from a recognized board to appear for JEE Main.
NIT Delhi Cut off for Top Courses
NIT Delhi usually has a high JEE Main cut off for the top courses of the institute. Here is the list of the cut off (round 7) of the 2019 general category to give you a tentative idea.
|Course Offered||Home State||Other States|
|Computer Science and Engineering||5421-10970||5901-7286|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||13482-18729||9099-12016|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||20119- 24438||12360- 15661|
Study at NIT Delhi during COVID -19
Though COVID-19 has taken away the physical classrooms but the will to teach and learn has not been taken away. During these unprecedented times, NIT Delhi has switched to digital teachings.
- NIT Delhi has started its teaching using various platforms such as Zoom, adobe connect, and google classroom.
- Classes of all the students are being conducted online. Regular lectures, tests, and assignments are being conducted by the institute on digital platforms.
- The institute has opened doors of e-library for the students so that they can get access to their course material without any hustle.
Why Choose NIT Delhi?
- The National Institute of Technology Delhi is among the top 30 thirty NITs of the country. It is ranked 25th among the top 30 engineering colleges of India by India Today and 251st among the top 300 engineering colleges in India by NIRF 2019.
- Moreover, it offers various programs such as B.Tech, M.Tech, Doctoral Programmes, and the programs for applied sciences.
- NIT Delhi has witnessed a good placement record and promises to maintain its legacy of providing quality education to its students.
- It also promotes the holistic development and prepares them for the industry.
- NIT Delhi has on-campus hostels for the students. It has separate buildings for the hostels of boys and girls. Every hostel has a warden to take in-charge of the hostels.
- The institute also organizes various events such as Tech fest, cultural fest, and various sports meet as well.
NIT Delhi Cut off for B.Tech Specializations
JoSAA releases different cut off during the counselling rounds. The number of rounds are also decided by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority. In the case of vacant seats, it also announces some special rounds. Here is the list of cut off for admissions in B. Tech at NIT Delhi.
Computer Science and Engineering
|Category||Home State||Other States|
|General- Pwd||1879- 1879||–|
Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Category||Home State||Other States|
|General- Pwd||–||442 – 442|
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Category||Home State||Other States|
|General||20119- 24438||12360- 15661|
|OBC||10188- 11818||4482- 5319|
|SC||4941- 6346||2251- 2903|
Latest News Updates
- JAC Delhi Counselling 2020: Spot Round Registrations Open Till 4th December
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Reservations through JEE Main Counseling ( JoSAA)
Every institute has some seats reserved for the candidates from weaker sections of the society. JoSAA decides the number of seats reserved for this category. Here is the detail of the JEE Main reservation percentage for various categories at the National Institute of Technology Delhi:
|OBC- NCL(Candidates whose family income is less than 8 lakhs per annum )||27%|
|EWS( General Economically Weaker Section)||5%|
|Pwd (in all categories)||10%|
Faculty at NIT Delhi
- With the bunch of best and experienced faculty from across the country, the classroom program offers immense opportunities to grow.
- The university has a rich teaching background.
- Faculties itself are passed out from IITs and different NITs.
- Every department has a well-educated faculty who is an expert in its respective fields.
Facilities at NIT Delhi
A number of facilities are offered to the students at NIT Delhi. NIT Delhi campus area is around 51 acres. Its location is accessible through metro, DTC, or other private or shared road transports. Some of the facilities available to the students are listed below:
- Labs: The institute has well-equipped laboratories in every department with high-speed internet which connects all buildings, including hostels and the research area of the campus.
- Library: The library has a large collection of Reference books, textbooks, technical reports, journals, various fictional and technical magazines as well. Also, students are provided books for the whole semester from the library.
- Digital Library: NIT Delhi also has a well- managed digital library. There are many text and reference books available in digital format.
- Dining Facilities: Boys and Girls Hostel has a separate mess. Mess tries to provide whole and nutritious food to the students.
- Gym: The campus has Gym facilities for the students. Apart from the open gym on the campus, there is a separate gym for girls in the girls’ hostel.
- Sports: The campus provides facilities for various sports such as cricket, volleyball, soccer, basketball, table tennis, football, etc. Students are encouraged to play and take part in inter-college competitions.
- Clubs: Campus life provides a lot of fun activities along with studies. There are different clubs such as technical club, art club, drama, music, and other social clubs for encouraging extracurricular activities among students at the National Institute of Technology Delhi.
NIT Delhi Placements
NIT Delhi has a good placement record. Institute has a dedicated Training and Placement Centre which is headed by the professor and the student representatives. Also, the companies have a very good link with the institute. Every year a lot of companies approach the instate for on-campus recruitment of the students.
Here is the Record of NIT Delhi recruitment 2019.
|Course (B.Tech)||Statistics (2019)|
|Highest package||INR 32 LPA|
|Average Package||INR 7 LPA|
|Median Package||INR 5.3 LPA|
Some of the top NIT Delhi recruiters from 2019 include AKS IT services, Paytm, SUS, Amazon, UNISYS, NPCL, SIGMOID, Future First, MISYS, MAQ Software, Polestar, TOFFLER and many more
Scholarships offered at NIT Delhi
The National Institute of Technology Delhi offers various National Fellowships and Scholarships for the students who aspire to be part of the institute. The institute offers scholarships to students with weaker financial status.
Here are some of the NIT Delhi scholarships and fellowships:
- National Scholarship for Higher Education for Scheduled Tribe (ST) students.
- National e- scholarships portal
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students.
Note: For complete details of the scholarships and fellowship go the official website: https://nitdelhi.ac.in/
NIT Delhi Fees for B.Tech Courses Offered
Check the given table for NIT Delhi fee structure 2020-21:
|One time refundable caution deposit||10,000|
|One time fees||1,100|
|Tuition Fees (per semester )||62,500|
|Other Fees (Per Semester)||11,200|
|Hostel Caution Deposit- One time Refundable Fees||10,000|
|Mess Caution Money||10,000|
|One Time Fees||500|
|Hostel Rent (per sem)||2500|
|Electricity and Water Charges||5000|
|Other fees (per sem)||2500|
Note: Mess Advances will be charged extra per semester.
Answer: No, NIT Delhi and DTU are 2 different colleges, both located in Delhi. NIT Delhi is a new college while DTU is a very old institution.
Answer: In 2019, NIT Delhi offered 95% placements. Around 40 companies participated in the placement drive.
Ans. NIT is also a government university established in 2010. The university has a high placement record, good infrastructure, and a lot of facilities. Moreover, it is the national capital so the industry exposure is way better than any other university.
Ans. Yes, there is a reservation for some categories in NIT Delhi. Please refer to the table above in the article on Reservations in NIT Delhi.
Ans. NIT Delhi has a good placement percentage with the highest offered package of INR 42 LPA and a median package of 5.7 LPA.