Last updated on November 9th, 2020
NIT Delhi is one of the 30 NITs that offers the best education in the field of Technology. NIT Delhi Fee Structure is affordable by all sections of the country. Based on the financial stability and the section to which the candidate belongs, fee structure varies.
- Each semester’s total fee as per NIT Delhi Fee Structure is INR 8,21,200 for the B.Tech Program. NIT Delhi charges regular fees like Hostel Fee, Mess Fee, etc.
- Students must pay one-time charges and refundable caution money for the institute’s facilities for the first year.
Students can pay the NIT Delhi Fee through the online mode as well as offline mode.
Also Check NIT Delhi: JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
NIT Delhi Fee Structure: Highlights
|Institute Name||NIT Delhi|
|Total Semester Fees (B. Tech)||INR 98,000|
|Admissions via||JoSAA Counselling|
NIT Delhi Fee Structure 2020-21 (B.Tech)
The below-mentioned table is the fee structure for candidates who wish to pursue the B. Tech Program from NIT Delhi.
|Description||Semester 1 (In INR)||Semester 2 (In INR)||Semester 3 (In INR)||Semester 4 (In INR)||Semester 5 (In INR)||Semester 6 (In INR)||Semester 7 (In INR)||Semester 8 (In INR)||Total fees|
|Library and Books Bank||1500||1500||1500||1500||1500||1500||1500||1500||12,000|
|Sports and Creative Arts Society||2500||2500||2500||2500||2500||2500||2500||2500||20,000|
|Industrial Training & Placement||1500||1500||1500||1500||1500||1500||1500||1500||12,000|
|Insurance Fee (Annually)||1000||0||1000||0||1000||0||1000||0||4,000|
|One Time Payment at the time of Admissions|
|Institute Caution Money (Refundable)||20,000||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||20,000|
|Alumni Association Membership Fees||1000||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1000|
|Identity Card Charges||200||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||200|
|Hostel & Mess Charges|
|Hostel Security (One Time)||10,000||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||10,000|
|Mess Security (One Time)||10,000||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||10,000|
NIT Delhi Fee Structure for International Students
|Countries||Fees per annum (in USD)|
|CIWG National Countries||22,160|
Latest JEE Main News
- JEE Advanced 2021: New Guidelines Released, Qualified Candidates Of Last Year Can Appear Without JEE Main 2021
- Integrated B.Tech Course - What is it and Where To Pursue it?
- AICTE Says PCM Not Mandatory For Engineering: Boon or Bane?
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
NIT Delhi Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
The institute, with a motto of giving equal opportunities of education to all sections of the people, offers a fee waiver in some instances:
- A 100% tuition fee waiver is given to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates.
- For candidates who belong to the general and OBC category and have an annual income less than Rs 1,00,000 gets a full waiver of the tuition fee.
- For students belonging to the type of annual income ranging between Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 5,00,000 are allowed to pay only 2/3rd of the total tuition fee.
- There are multiple scholarships available for the admitted students to give an equal opportunity to all students.
- Scholarships like National Scholarship for Higher Education for ST students and National e-portal Scholarships are awarded to deserving candidates admitted to the institute.
How to pay NIT Delhi Fees?
Candidates can make their fee payment per semester either using the online or offline mode using the college website’s payment portal.
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay the applicable fees per the requested time by logging into their candidate id using their student credentials.
- Students are expected to visit the official website of NIT Delhi and select the “Pay Fees” choice.
- On choosing the alternatives mentioned above, applicants shall be readdressed to the institute’s payment gateway entrance.
- After confirming the details, applicants can select the ‘Proceed’ choice.
- Applicants then shall be redirected to a page where they need to choose the payment mode using which the students wish to make the payment.
- The options present include Online Banking, Debit Card, Credit card, or payment by cash/cheque
- After successful payment, return to the NIT Delhi e-transaction page and check the expense status.
- Candidates should keep a receipt of the charge for future reference.
Bank Details For B.Tech Students
|Name of Bank||CANARA BANK|
|Name of Payee||NIT Delhi|
Note: The bank details might have been changed or might not be required at all if the fee payment is through an online payment gateway.
Instruction for NIT Delhi Fees Payment
- Candidates are expected to deposit the applicable fee in a single demand draft, which is to be issued favoring “Director, NIT Delhi Fee A/C.” This is payable either through online transfer, POS Machine, or Delhi.
- Candidates can find the necessary bank details on the official website of NIT Delhi.
- Because of the global pandemic, NIT Delhi has shifted its learning from offline to online mode till the Government allows them to do vice versa. Due to the change, NIT Delhi revised the Fee structure for the academic year 2020-21. Students are not expected to pay hostel fees, mess advance, and other optional charges till the institute reopens.
- The above information is subject to changes by NIT Delhi authorities. Candidates who wish to get detailed information and exact data on NIT Delhi Fees Structure refer to the official college website.