Last updated on November 3rd, 2020 at 06:20 pm
NIT Calicut was ranked 23rd by the NIRF among the top engineering colleges across India. NIT Calicut Fee Structure for the B.Tech specialization includes tuition fees, hostel charges, caution fees, admission process charges and relevant others.
- Students taking the B.Tech courses at NIT Calicut need to acknowledge the yearly fees of the institute which is INR 1,36,951.
- The payment of the fees at NIT Calicut must be on the timelines drafted for every semester along with the relevant charges.
- During the admission, the candidate must pay first-year fees, application charges, one time charges and the caution deposit which will be refunded after the completion of the course.
As per the official norms of the NIT Calicut, the mode of the payment of the fee is kept online, however, candidates facing any relevant issue can contact the admission office on-campus.
Also Check NIT Calicut: JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
NIT Calicut Fee Structure 2020: Highlights
|Institute Name||NIT Calicut|
|Total Semester Fees (B.Tech)||INR 1,36,951|
|Admissions via||JoSAA Counselling|
NIT Calicut Fee Structure For B.Tech
Given below is the detailed breakdown of NIT Calicut Fee Structure from the latest updated official source.
|Category||Semester 1 (In INR)||Semester 2 (In INR)||Semester 3 (In INR)||Semester 4 (In INR)|
|Students Group Fee||900||900||900||900|
|Total of Per Semester Fees||1,31,600||1,31,600||1,31,600||1,31,600|
|Matriculation & Recognition Fee||150||–||–||–|
|Sports Affiliation Fee||450||–||–||–|
|Student Welfare Fee||450||–||–||–|
|Annual premium for Medical Claim||755||–||–||–|
NIT Calicut Fee Structure for International Students
The fee structure is different for foreign students than native students. The table below shows the tuition fees charged per annum (excluding additional applicable charges) for the international students:
|Country||Tuition Fee per annum (INR)|
|SAARC Countries||USD 8000 + 13,4551|
|Other than SAARC Countries||INR 1,25,000 + 13,4551|
NIT Calicut Fee Structure: Scholarships and Waivers
IIT Calicut offers various scholarships and financial assistance to the students. A tuition Fee waiver is also awarded to the meritorious students on the basis of their scores in the qualifying examination. Some of the scholarships and Tuition Fee waiver offered by NIT Calicut are mentioned below:
- In the NIT Calicut Fee Structure, along with the scholarships, the candidates from ST/SC/PH division can get the complete Tuition Fee Waiver.
- Fee Remission perks are also accessible by the General and OBC category students whose family annual income is below 1 lakh per annum.
- 2/3 rd of the tuition fees are waived for the ST/SC/PH division whose family income lies in between 1 to 5 lakhs per annum.
- ST division students applying for the Post Matric scholarship from their respective state government or top-class scholarship from the ministry of tribal affairs need to mention the total amount of tuition fees of that particular institute. Once the amount is sanctioned, the amount mentioned with proof will directly be credited in the institutes’ official account.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
How to pay NIT Calicut Fees?
Students can pay NIT Calicut Fee online. The detailed steps to pay the fee online are given below:
Mode of Payment
The detailed steps to pay NIT Calicut Fees online are given below:
- Candidates need to visit the official site and look out for the tab ‘Pay Fees’.
- Then, the page will be redirected to the Payment section.
- The mode of payment is kept mandatorily online utilizing the ‘State Bank Collect’ function.
- In this section, select the details of the fees to be paid along with the identification details.
- Confirm your details and click on the tab ‘Proceed’.
- Select the option of SBI Online Banking, Other Bank Online Banking, SBI Debit Card, Other Bank Debit Card, any Credit card to complete the online payment.
- Check your fees payment status at the official site of NIT Calicut.
- Students are requested to take a print out of the fees payment transaction they did online to the official institute bank account provided.
Bank Details For B.Tech Students
|Name of Bank||State Bank of India|
|Name of Beneficiary||Director, NIT Calicut|
Note: The bank details might have been changed or might not be required at all if the fee payment is through an online payment gateway.
Instruction for NIT Calicut Fees Payment
- The mode of payment is kept mandatorily online utilizing the ‘State Bank Collect’ function. Students are requested to take a print out of the fees payment transaction they did online to the official institute bank account provided.
- Students are advised to pay the fees away from online fraud and use their personal devices for the same. Also, they can use the official fees payment link mentioned at the official site of the institute in the NIT Calicut Fee Structure page.
- Also, the demand draft must be in favour of NIT Calicut Chief Warden, NITC Hostels.
- Application fees paid by the student category SC, ST, and PWD at the time of JoSSA counselling will be refunded back from the JoSSA.
- Due to the global pandemic, NIT Calicut Fee Structure has been revised for the academic year 2020-21. Students are not required to pay hostel fee, mess advance and other optional charges till the institute reopens.
- The above information is subject to changes by NIT Calicut authorities. For detailed information and exact data on NIT Calicut Fees Structure refer to the official website of the college.