Last updated on March 3rd, 2021 at 05:58 pm
National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM Sonepat) was started by the Government of India by the continuous request of the food industry to have an Apex authority as a One Stop Solution Provider for all the problems faced in the sector.
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries (Government of India) has started this institute with an initial investment of about INR 500 Crore (US $125 million).
- The Institute is spread over an area of 100 acre at a prime location in North Delhi – Haryana border on NH-1. This Institute aims at becoming an international centre of excellence in the area of Food Technology and Management.
- NIFTEM has been granted as a Deemed to be University under De-novo Category by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- NIFTEM has been established with a view to meet the requirements of ever-increasing population of the expanding food sector in the country.
- Education at NIFTEM is a combination of technology and management to prepare techno-pruners and techno-managers for the food industry.
- With a fully residential campus, NIFTEM provides wholesome experience of quality education with world class amenities and global linkages and where mentoring and grooming is in the hands of highly experienced faculty.
NIFTEM Sonepat: Highlights
|Type of Programs||B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA , Ph.D|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main, 10+2|
NIFTEM Sonepat: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
NIFTEM (National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management) is a public university, situated in the sonepat located in the district of Haryana.
- It offers a B.Tech degree in Food Technology and Management as the only under-graduate course. Admission to this course is done on the basis of JEE Main ranks.
- Basic eligibility for B.Tech in NIFTEM is same as in JEE Main i.e. minimum of 75% in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology as main subjects.
- Admission seekers should apply in JOSAA Counselling for the admission. Registration for JOSAA/CSAB counselling starts in the month of June after the JEE Advanced results are declared.
Eligibility for B.Tech
Basic Eligibility criteria to pursue B.Tech is given below:
- Candidates should have passed the 10+2 qualifying (equivalent) examination in 2019 or 2020. Those who are appearing for the examination in 2021 will also be eligible to join this college.
- Candidates should have a minimum 50% marks in all of the subjects in 10+2.
- Students should also qualify jee main to join this college. Depending upon the score and the rank obtained they will get admissions in NIFTEM.
NIFTEM Sonepat Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
|Round||2019 Cut Off (Closing Ranks)||2020 Cut Off (Closing Ranks)|
- Check Top NITs JEE Main Cut Off Ranks 2020
- List Of Top Colleges Offering B.Tech
- Cut Off for Undergraduate Courses at IIT Mandi
Study at NIFTEM Sonepat during COVID-19
Due to the current situation arising out of Covid-19 pandemic, these admission tests may be conducted online also.
- The candidates must see the website regularly for further details.
- Since the government of India imposed lockdown throughout the country, as most of the educational institutions did, the institute conducted on;ine classes during that period.
- NIT Patna Cut Off: JEE Main Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIT Palakkad: Admissions via JEE Advanced, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
Why Choose NIFTEM Sonepat?
National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management is the first of its kind institute in India which offers education in food technology and management. To students who want to explore in the field of food technology, this institute offers a great opportunity in various ways and that’s the reason why this will be the first choice for many who are interested in this field.
- JEE Main Marks vs Ranks
- Admission in B.Tech at IIT Kanpur
- NIT Surathkal Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
NIFTEM Sonepat: Reservation through JEE Mains Counselling (JoSAA)
NIFTEM institute is mainly about the Food technology and management and this is the reason why there aren’t any specializations in this institution. There is only one course and that is Food technology and management.
|Program||Open||Open PwD||GEN-EWS||SC||ST||OBC-NCL||PwD||Seat Capacity|
|Food Technology and Management||70||2||17||26||14||48||4||180|
- IIT Roorkee Placement Report and Summer Internship Programs
- IIT Indore Placements Report and Summer Internship Programs
NIFTEM Sonepat: Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
As said earlier there is only one specialization in this institution and that is Food Technology and Management which is a 4 years course.
Food Technology and Management
|Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
- IIIT Madras: Admission through JEE Main, Cut Off, Placements, Scholarships and More
- IIITM Gwalior Cut Off for JEE Main
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
Faculty at NIFTEM Sonepat
Faculty is highly qualified and lecturers have immense knowledge of their respective subjects and international guest lecturers come and go once in a while. Since the total number of students is less , the student teacher ratio is good enough. Students can easily contact respective lecturers to clarify their doubts in the subject and that can explain how good the lecturers are in NIFTEM.
- IIIT Dharwad Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- BIT Mesra Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
Various Facilities Provided at NIFTEM Sonepat
Various facilities provided at NIFTEM Sonepat are given below:
- Classrooms: There are eight 100 seater and nine 25 seater classrooms and in all these classrooms there are provided with a multipurpose podium, projection system, lecture recording and audio system. Such types of facilities can help the students to understand complex concepts.
- Library: NIFTEM knowledge centre (NKC) is a five storey state-of-the-art building in the NIFTEM campus. It has a very unique library network system with modern infrastructure.
- Cafeteria: Variety of hygienic food and beverages are made and are available to students.
- Auditorium: The capacity of this auditorium is 650 and it is well equipped to support all kinds of programs and conferences
- Hostels: It is mandatory for all the students to stay in the hostel. There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Ambience is quite good and the gymnasium is there for students so that they can improve their physical health.
- Sports Facilities: Space for both indoor and outdoor games is there and required arrangements are made.
- Medical Facilities: 24×7 medical facilities are available and doctors are available only during the institute hours and on phone. All the first aid medicines and an ambulance is present in the college. For emergency purposes, a dedicated paramedical staff is always present.
- NIT Raipur Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- NIT Jamshedpur Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
NIFTEM Sonepat: Placement Report
Placements in this college are not 100%. Only 70-80% of students get placed every year.
|Course||Highest CTC||Average CTC||Lowest CTC|
|Food Technology and Management||8-9 lakh per annum||5-6 lakh per annum||3-4 lakh per annum|
- NIT Patna Fee Structure For B.Tech Admission 2020-21
- IIIT Kota Fee Structure for B.Tech Admissions 2020-21
Scholarships Offered by NIFTEM Sonepat
NIFTEM’s own Scholarships to the Students Admitted in M.Tech. Courses in NIFTEM
The Board of Management in its 9th Meeting held on 20.03.2012 approved creation of a Scholarship Fund in NIFTEM by apportioning 5% of its Revenue Income for grant of following scholarships:
- Merit Scholarship.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
The Institute will Offer following types of Scholarship to its Students:
- NIFTEM Merit Scholarship: The scholarship will be available to the first 3 students on merit in B.Tech. and one student on merit in each of the programmes of M.Tech. Merit Scholarship is given to the second semester students only. This means that the toppers of first year will be given this scholarship that includes tuition fee waiver and a fixed stipend for each month for a total ten months.
- 5% students will be considered for award of scholarship i.e. six students in M.Tech. (one each in all the five streams). It includes tuition fee waiver and a fixed monthly stipend for ten months.
- NIFTEM Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: Institute merit cum means scholarship is awarded to students in M.Tech. of the institute strictly on merit-cum means basis and on the recommendations of the scholarship committee.
Fee Structure for B.Tech at NIFTEM Sonepat
|Particulars||Fees (In INR)|
|Fee including all amenities||85,700|
NIFTEM Sonepat FAQs
Last updated on March 3rd, 2021 at 04:58 pmAns. Yes, NIFTEM Sonepat is the best college in the country for students who are interested in the field of food Technology and Management.
Last updated on March 3rd, 2021 at 04:58 pm
Ans. It is affiliated with University grants commission UGC and MOFPI
Last updated on March 3rd, 2021 at 04:59 pm
Ans. It is a deemed university and it has been built with the help of the Government of India .
Last updated on March 3rd, 2021 at 04:59 pm
Ans. Students need to apply online and the application form is available online on the college site and should pay a fee for admission.