Last updated on April 13th, 2021
National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT), Aurangabad is a government educational institute situated that offers B.Tech in Electronics System Engineering. It is one of the reputed GFTI- Government Funded Technical Institute in India.
- NIELIT Aurangabad offers a total of 60 seats in its single B.Tech course i.e. Electronics System Engineering.
- Skill development courses and short term Diploma courses in hardware and software development are also provided.
- Admission to NIELIT Aurangabad B.Tech course is given based on marks scored in JEE Main, followed by JoSAA counselling.
- Some Companies that offered Campus Placement are SIEMENS, BAJAJ, Videocon, Godrej Infotech Ltd., Tata Steel, Infotech, TCS etc.
- Admission Process at IIIT Delhi
- IIT Delhi: JEE Advanced Cut Off
- IIIT Allahabad: Facilities, Faculty and More
NIELIT Aurangabad Highlights
|Courses Provided||34 across 4 streams|
|Courses||B.Tech- 4yrs and 3 yrs (Lateral Entry) M.Tech- Full time & Part-time, PhD, Diploma courses|
|Educational Facilities||Well-equipped labs, Central library and access to MeitY consortium|
|Other Amenities||Auditorium, Sports Ground, Gym|
- How is IIIT Sri City Functioning During COVID-19?
- Placements at NIT Uttarakhand
- IIIT Vadodara: JEE Main Cut Off
NIELIT Aurangabad: B.Tech Admission via JEE Main 2021
B.Tech Course admissions at NIELIT Aurangabad is made on the basis of the All India Ranks obtained in JEE Main Results.
B.Tech Courses Offered
NIELIT Aurangabad offers B.Tech in only one specialization, i.e., Electronics System Engineering.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Course
The basic eligibility criteria to get into NIELIT Aurangabad is to qualify class 12th (physics, chemistry and maths) and marks scored in JEE Main exam.
NIELIT Aurangabad Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
The below table shows the opening and closing cut off rankings 2020 (Round 6) recorded for the B.Tech specializations at NIELIT Aurangabad.
|Courses||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Electronics System Engineering||38501||49169|
Study at NIELIT Aurangabad during COVID-19
NIELIT Aurangabad has launched the initiative of e-learning in the middle of global COVID- 19 pandemic. One to one face classroom teaching has been scrapped for the entire year.
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the institute has reduced tuition fees and is currently offering scholarships to the students.
- Computer labs and other networking labs consist of the latest technology to provide online classes to the students.
- Institute has set up diploma courses to teach the basics of computers. These courses do not have any eligibility requirements.
- If classes are to be conducted, the campus is spread over 18 acres of land which will ensure proper social distancing norms are followed in the pandemic scenario.
Why Choose NIELIT Aurangabad?
NIELIT Aurangabad is preferred over various other institutes due to the reasons mentioned below:
- Tuition fees and hostel fees of NIELIT Aurangabad is very less as compared to other institutes.
- National Level Seminars are held regularly in the areas of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Agri- Electronics, Neural Networks and Electronic Product Design to keep up student’s pace with advancing knowledge.
- Students can benefit from the scholarship provided. It is a government centre, therefore, students are already a member of NCS (National Career Services) of Govt. of India.
- Placement statistics at NIELIT is very good. Students are placed in organizations like DRDO, ISRO, BITS, IIT and many more.
- Multiple industrial visits are arranged so that students can get knowledge of recent Industrial trends and they can also consider industrial problems as their project work and work on them.
NIELIT Aurangabad Cut Off 2020
NIELIT Aurangabad Cut Off 2020 (Round 6) for its single B. Tech course is given below-
Electronics System Engineering
|Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
Based on the cut off ranks, it seems college is decent in terms of competition with a much lower closing rank for 2020. Students can get admission here easily on a lower percentile score as well.
- IIT Hyderabad Cut Off: Opening and Closing Ranks
- IIT Tirupati: JEE Advanced Cut Off
- NIT Hamirpur: JEE Main Cut Off
NIELIT Aurangabad: Reservation
Seats at NIELIT Aurangabad are reserved according to Government of India norms. The seat distribution of the institute is given in the table below:
Faculty at NIELIT Aurangabad
NIELIT Aurangabad has 36 highly qualified and experienced professors.
- Faculty members constitute designations like scientists, professors, assistant professors and many more. They are alumni of BITS Pilani, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi and other reputed institutions.
- Faculty members are highly qualified and are experts in their field. Interactive sessions, regular workshops and industry visits are conducted to enhance the skills of students. More importance is given to practical knowledge than just bookish knowledge. Doubt solving sessions and assessments are held regularly.
Various Facilities Provided at NIELIT Aurangabad Campus
NIELIT Aurangabad offers various facilities to the students at the Institute. Practical knowledge and hands-on experience are given more preference.
- NIELIT has various labs such as CAD/CAM lab, Consumer Electronics lab, OPTO-Electronics lab, Power Electronics lab, Central Networking lab, Printed Circuit Board lab to enhance their skills.
- It has lecture halls, seminar halls, auditorium, gymnasium, sports ground and a central library. Students also have access to the MeitY (Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology) library consortium.
- There are various sports clubs like cricket, badminton, basketball, volleyball, bodybuilding and many more. Karate classes for girls are also organized.
- Cultural committees like dramatics society, literary and fine arts, photography etc. are there to encourage students to enhance their interpersonal skills.
- Technical fest named “ELE-CHROME” and annual sports event KHELO NIELIT is also organized by the NIELIT annually
NIELIT Aurangabad Placement Report
It offers decent placement to candidates getting graduated from B.Tech courses offered here. The recruitment is made on the basis of GPA scores.
- Major recruiters at NIELIT Aurangabad include ISRO, DRDO, WIPRO, BITS, IIT, BARC, HCL, ECIL, Samsung and many more.
- Students also have an option for open placement in which they are eligible to take part in the placement drive at Dr BAM University.
- Assistance is provided to projects which have the potential of developing into business models.
- Why does NIT Rourkela have a 100% Placement Record?
- Top Recruiters and Placement Records at IIT Kharagpur
Scholarships Offered by NIELIT Aurangabad
Various scholarships are provided to the students on the basis of the performance in their qualifying examination. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Under the scheme of Tribal Sub Plan (TSP) and Schedule Caste Sub Plan (SCSP), Government of India, SC and ST students do not have to pay tuition and examination fee.
- Under the Protsahan Puraskar Scheme, NIELIT offers scholarships to SC, ST and PwD and female students.
NIELIT Aurangabad B. Tech Fee Structure
The detailed NIELIT Aurangabad fees for B.Tech courses is mentioned below:
|Particulars||Fees per semester (In INR)|
|Caution Money Deposit||1250|
|Hostel Fee per Semester||9100|
This fee structure is for first-year B.Tech students. It includes library fees as well.
- Caution Money Deposit is a one- time payment and it is refunded when the course is completed.
- SC and ST category students are exempted to pay any tuition fees.
NIELIT Aurangabad FAQs
Last updated on October 17th, 2020
Ans: Yes, lateral entry is allowed in both B.Tech and DEPM courses.
Last updated on October 17th, 2020
Ans: Seats are allotted based on the rank achieved in the JEE Mains exam followed by counseling conducted by JosAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
Last updated on October 17th, 2020
Ans: Yes, NIELIT Aurangabad offers scholarships to the students. Scholarships are offered to the meritorious scholars on the basis of their academic performance.