Last updated on September 29th, 2020 at 11:24 am
Mizoram University was established in 2001 under an Act of Parliament. The university has 35 affiliated colleges and one constituent college and is recognized by the UGC (University Grants Committee). It is one of the GFTIs for technical education.
- It offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in various genres, including art, humanities and social sciences, business, computer applications and IT, education, engineering and architecture, mass communication and journalism.
- Applicants must take an entrance test conducted by the University for admission. The qualification test for entering B.Tech is JEE Main or Mizoram University Engineering Entrance Exam (MZUEEE).
- Admissions are made on the basis of JoSAA Counselling.
Also Read | NITK Surathkal B.Tech Admissions and Cut Offs
Mizoram University Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main and 10+2 scores (for BTech)|
Mizoram University: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
JEE Main Scores are accepted by Mizoram University for admission in B.Tech programmes. Although the admission process is completely handled by JoSAA and CSAB or MZUEEE. Once a candidate clears minimum/qualifying JEE Main Cut Off, he/she can take part in JoSAA Counselling.
The college cut off is different from JEE Main Cut Off which is why a good score and rank is important.
B.Tech Courses offered
MZU offers B.Tech course under different specializations as mentioned below:
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
Eligibility for B.Tech courses
- Candidates who have passed any high school or 10+2 (XII category) examination or equivalent qualifications of any recognized institution.
- Candidates who have scored at least 50% in physics, chemistry, and mathematics (for SC/ST candidates, 5% can be relaxed) should be eligible to enter B.Tech.
- Those students who take high school or 10+2 (XII category) final exams or equivalent exams in 2020 may also temporarily appear in MZUEEE-2020.
- Lateral entry qualification: Candidates who have a 3-year engineering diploma in the relevant branch, at least 60% (for SC/ST candidates, can relax 5%) mark can apply for lateral entry. Candidates that appear may also temporarily appear in the MZUEEE examination.
Mizoram University offers admissions based on the JEE main scores and performance in the MZUEEE admission process. To secure admission at Mizoram University, you will have to attempt the JEE Main exam first, then go through the MZUEEE Admission process followed by which you will have to complete the online admission procedure. Here are the detailed steps for B.Tech admission at MU:
- In order to get the admission in B.Tech program, the candidates are required to qualify JEE Main examination by clearing the JEE Main Cut Off for B.Tech.
- Students are required to secure marks equal to or more than the minimum qualifying marks.
- After this, the candidates who qualify the JEE Main paper would find their names in the merit list for the purpose of admission.
- Qualified candidates are then required to take part in counselling conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) to get the allotted seats in Mizoram University.
- Visit the official application form link of MZUEEE 2020.
- Click on ‘Go to Registration’ and enter your basic details like name, father’s name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, preferred program and department.
- Candidates will receive the application number and OTP (One Time Password)
- Sign in to your account using application number and OTP received. Enter all the personal and academic details required in the application form.
- Pay the application fees through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Upload the required documents and Click on the Submit button.
Mizoram University Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
Mizoram University announces its cut off and merit list for various courses for admission to UG and PG programs each year. There are about five specializations in B.Tech at the University of Mizoram for which will be determined cutoff marks depending on the categories of reservations and seat availability.
|Course||2019 JEE Main Cut Off||2018 JEE Main Cut Off|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||40951-54938||36215-38230|
Mizoram University Cut Off for B.Tech Specializations
B.Tech. program is offered under five different specializations in.The candidate has to sit for JEE Main entrance examination and clear a certain eligibility criteria to be eligible to pursue B.Tech. program at MU.
JEE Main Cut Offs for all the B.Tech specializations/branches are given below. The cut off is taken from the 7th round of JoSAA Counselling which includes both opening and closing ranks. The closing ranks show the rank at which the last seat was allotted.
Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
Mizoram University Reservation
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) and MZUEEE is responsible for the allotment of seats through JEE Main at various courses at Mizoram University.
The distribution at total seats available shall be as follows:
- Via JEE Main– 50%
- Via MZUEEE– 50%
- 3% of the above seats shall be reserved for physically challenged (as specified by PWD Act, 1995). Such applications will be centrally examined by a Medical Board. An applicant with 40% to 60% disability may be given 5% added weight-age and above 60%, 7% added weight-age.
- IIT Dhanbad: Total B. Tech Seats, Cut Off, Placements Records and More
- IIT Palakka: Total B. Tech Seats, Cut Off, Placements and More
Various Facilities Provided at Mizoram University
Mizoram University, Aizawl has adequate infrastructure such as dormitories, libraries, etc. that help students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students such as sports, canteen, etc. Students can take advantage of this facility in their spare time for their recreation.
- Laboratory: This institution has a laboratory for the students to apply their practical knowledge and gain exposure. This laboratory is equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
- Hostel: These institutions provide hostel facilities for boys. Students can take advantage of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Medical Center: In order to cater to the medical needs of the student body has a health center that provides medical facilities to students, staff and faculty.
- Library: Institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: This institute provides sports facilities and encourages students to participate in indoor and outdoor games for the physical and mental well-being of both of them.
- Guest House: The institution has a guest house to provide accommodation to the visitors and guests.
Scholarships Offered by Mizoram University
The Mizoram University offers the following scholarships for B.Tech students
- Rajiv Gandhi SC/ST scholarship: INR 16,000 per month for JRF and INR 18,000 per month for SRF
- MZU-UGC fellowship for non-NET PhD students: The students will be awarded INR 8,000 per month.
- MZU-UGC fellowship for non-NET M.Phil. students: The students will be awarded INR 5,000 per month.
Faculty at Mizoram University
Mizoram University has a combination of experienced and talented faculty members. Each of them has at least 9 to 10 years’ experience in the teaching field.
- Additionally, some guest lecturers also visit the University regularly who have taken up their master’s degrees from abroad nations.
- There are 5 departments in the college which have highly qualified teachers and well-experienced staff members.
- Equal support is given by the supporting staff like lab technicians who help the students in carrying out their laboratory experiments and provide them with hands-on training in all the practical classes.
- Teacher-student ratio at Mizoram University is 1:30 in each batch.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021 Will Be Conducted In More Regional Languages, Says Education Minister
- Opening and Closing Ranks (2020) for Round 1 Counselling Released By JoSAA; Check Details
- JoSAA Releases Updated Instructions For Online Verification & Change of Willingness
- JoSAA Counselling 2020: Second Mock Seat Allotment Released, Registrations End Tomorrow
- Candidates Will Get Another Chance Directly in JEE Advanced 2021 Due To COVID-19
Mizoram University: Placement Report
Training and Placement Cell (T & P Cell) from Mizoram University provides full recruitment for each student under the guidance of a Training and Placement Officer. Mizoram University invites the industry to drive placement. Furthermore, the T & P cell explains the latest trends and needs of the company for students.
- At the same time, MZU students also participate in pool campus Placement together with NIT Mizoram, NIT Silchar, NIT Nagaland etc.
- For the academic session 2018-19, students got placement in Power Grid Corporation Limited, Airtel, Wipro, Genpact, HLL, ABCI Company etc.
The placement statistics of the University are given below:
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3,00,000|
|Major Recruiters||Genpact, Airtel, Wipro, HLL, etc.|
Fee Structure for Mizoram University B.Tech courses
The fee at Mizoram University is very less compared to any other engineering college in the country. This also promotes education among the less privileged students of North Eastern India.
|Admission Fees (One Time/Payable at the time of Admission)||300|
|Library Caution Money (Refundable: Payable at the time of Admission||1300|
|Laboratory Fee (Per Month For students having practical)||230|
|Laboratory Caution Money (Refundable: Payable at the time of Admission||700|
Note: In case a student is repeating the entire semester due to shortage of attendance or any other reason, he/she has to pay 25% of the semester fees excluding examination fee. In case a student is repeating for the first semester the corpus fee may also be excluded.
Few other heads included in total fees are given below-
|Tuition/Research Supervisor Fee (Monthly)||230|
|Library Fee (Per Semester)||230|
|Sports Fee (Per Annum||350|
|Medical Fee (Per Annum||280|
|Student’s Association Fund Per Annum||400|
|Student’s Aid Fund (Per Annum||150|
|Annual Magazine Fee||410|
|Identity Card (Payable at the time of Admission)||80|
Mizoram University FAQs
Last updated on September 28th, 2020 at 05:36 pm
Ans: The following documents should submitted during the admission with 2 copies:
- Adhaar Card
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Proof of Entrance Exam
- 5 passport size photographs
Last updated on September 28th, 2020 at 05:37 pm
Ans: Mizoram University accepts the score of JEE Main entrance examination to provide admission in different courses under different specializations.
Last updated on September 28th, 2020 at 05:40 pm
Ans: The candidates are selected on the basis of the scores of JEE Main examination which is followed by JoSAA counseling and MZUEEE.