Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 06:16 pm
Mizoram University was established in 2001 under an Act of Parliament. The university has 35 affiliated colleges and one constituent college and is recognized by the UGC (University Grants Committee). It is one of the GFTIs for technical education in India.
- It offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in various genres, including arts, humanities and social sciences, business, computer applications and IT, education, engineering and architecture, mass communication and journalism.
- Applicants must take an entrance test conducted by the University for admission. However, the qualification test for entering B.Tech is JEE Main or Mizoram University Engineering Entrance Exam (MZUEEE).
Mizoram University Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, PhD|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main and 10+2 scores (for BTech)|
Mizoram University: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
JEE Main Scores are accepted by Mizoram University for admission in B.Tech programmes. Although the admission process is completely handled by JoSAA and CSAB or MZUEEE. Once a candidate clears minimum/qualifying JEE Main Cut Off, he/she can take part in JoSAA Counselling.
The college cut off is different from JEE Main Cut Off which is why a good score and rank is important.
- How is NIT Silchar Functioning During COVID-19?
- Why Opting NIT Trichy After JEE Main Is A Decent Alternative To IITs?
B.Tech Courses offered
MZU offers B.Tech course under different specializations as mentioned below:
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic & Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
Eligibility for B.Tech courses
- Candidates who have passed any high school or 10+2 (XII category) examination or equivalent qualifications of any recognized institution.
- Candidates who have scored at least 50% in physics, chemistry, and mathematics (for SC/ST candidates, 5% can be relaxed) should be eligible to enter B.Tech.
- Those students who take high school or 10+2 (XII category) final exams or equivalent exams in 2020 may also temporarily appear in MZUEEE-2020.
- Lateral entry qualification: Candidates who have a 3-year engineering diploma in the relevant branch, at least 60% (for SC/ST candidates, can relax 5%) mark can apply for lateral entry. Candidates that appear may also temporarily appear in the MZUEEE examination.
Mizoram University Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
Mizoram University announces its cut off and merit list for various courses for admission to UG and PG programs each year.
|Course||2020 JEE Main Cut Off||2019 JEE Main Cut Off|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||56353-61404||40951-54938|
Academics Amidst COVID-19
Regular classes at the Mizoram University were suspended after the order from the government due to the spread of the novel Coronavirus.
- A COVID-19 task force was formed by Mizoram University to ensure effective implementation of all the orders regarding COVID-19.
- It was also entrusted with the responsibility to monitor movement of employees and students.
- Video lecture series was started by the university to help the students continue with their classes while staying at remote locations.
Why Choose Mizoram University?
- Mizoram University, Aizawl has adequate infrastructure such as dormitories, libraries, etc. that help students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life.
- The faculty at Mizoram University is well qualified and experienced.
- The university has implemented Choice Based Credit System since 2013.
- It also provides facilities to the students such as sports, canteen, etc.
- Students can take advantage of this facility in their spare time for their recreation.
Mizoram University Cut Off for B.Tech Specializations
Mizoram University Cut Off for all the B.Tech specializations/branches are given below. The cut off is taken from the 6th round of JoSAA Counselling which includes both opening and closing ranks. The closing ranks show the rank at which the last seat was allotted.
Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
Mizoram University Reservation
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) and MZUEEE is responsible for the allotment of seats through JEE Main at various courses at Mizoram University.
The distribution at total seats available shall be as follows:
- Via JEE Main– 50%
- Via MZUEEE– 50%
- 3% of the above seats shall be reserved for physically challenged (as specified by PWD Act, 1995). Such applications will be centrally examined by a Medical Board. An applicant with 40% to 60% disability may be given 5% added weight-age and above 60%, 7% added weight-age.
- IIT Dhanbad: B.Tech Courses Offered, Cut Off, Placement Records and More
- IIT Palakkad: Eligibility Criteria, Cut Off, Placements and More
Various Facilities Provided at Mizoram University
The various facilities provided to students are listed below:
- Mizoram University has a laboratory for the students to apply their practical knowledge and gain exposure.
- This laboratory is equipped with the latest technology and equipment.
- These institutions provide hostel facilities for boys.
- Students can take advantage of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Medical Center:
- In order to cater to the medical needs of the student body has a health center that provides medical facilities to students, staff and faculty.
- Institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- This institute provides sports facilities and encourages students to participate in indoor and outdoor games for the physical and mental well-being of both of them.
- Guest House:
- The institution has a guest house to provide accommodation to the visitors and guests.
Faculty at Mizoram University
Mizoram University has a combination of experienced and talented faculty members. Each of them has at least 9 to 10 years’ experience in the teaching field.
- Additionally, some guest lecturers also visit the University regularly who have taken up their master’s degrees from nations abroad .
- Equal support is given by the supporting staff like lab technicians who help the students in carrying out their laboratory experiments and provide them with hands-on training in all the practical classes.
- Teacher-student ratio at Mizoram University is 1:30 in each batch.
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- What Facilities IIIT Delhi Offers to B.Tech Undergraduates?
Latest News Updates
- JAC Delhi Counselling 2020: Spot Round Registrations Open Till 4th December
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Mizoram University Placements
Training and Placement Cell (T & P Cell) from Mizoram University provides full recruitment for each student under the guidance of a Training and Placement Officer. Mizoram University invites the industry to placement drives. Furthermore, the T & P cell explains the latest trends and needs of the company for students.
- At the same time, MZU students also participate in pool campus Placement together with NIT Mizoram, NIT Silchar, NIT Nagaland etc.
- For the academic session 2018-19, students got placement in Power Grid Corporation Limited, Airtel, Wipro, Genpact, HLL, ABCI Company etc.
Mizoram University recruitment statistics are given below:
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3,00,000|
|Major Recruiters||Genpact, Airtel, Wipro, HLL, etc.|
- IIIT Hyderabad: Faculty and Facilities Offered
- Scholarships from IIT Roorkee To Fund Your Entire B.Tech Course
Scholarships Offered by Mizoram University
Some of the Mizoram University scholarships for B.Tech students are listed below:
- Rajiv Gandhi SC/ST scholarship: INR 16,000 per month for JRF and INR 18,000 per month for SRF
- MZU-UGC fellowship for non-NET PhD students: The students will be awarded INR 8,000 per month.
- MZU-UGC fellowship for non-NET M.Phil. students: The students will be awarded INR 5,000 per month.
- NIT Kurukshetra: Admissions 2021, Cut Off and More
- NIT Jamshedpur: Admissions via JEE Main, Cutoffs and More
Mizoram University Fee Structure for B.Tech courses
Mizoram University fees is very less compared to any other engineering college in the country. This also promotes education among the less privileged students of North Eastern India.
|Admission Fees (One Time/Payable at the time of Admission)||300|
|Tuition/Research Supervisor Fee (Monthly)||230|
|Caution Money (Refundable: Payable at the time of Admission)||2000|
Note: In case a student is repeating the entire semester due to shortage of attendance or any other reason, he/she has to pay 25% of the semester fees excluding examination fee. In case a student is repeating for the first semester the corpus fee may also be excluded.
Mizoram University FAQs
Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 05:54 pm
Answer: Mizoram University is a good place to pursue B.Tech or other UG courses as it has renowned faculty and offers a number of facilities to its students. It also has great placement opportunities.
Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 05:55 pm
Answer: Yes, you can get admission with 60,000 rank in Electrical Engineering.
Last updated on November 23rd, 2020 at 05:56 pm
Answer: Mizoram is a beautiful state and is safe for students. It is also one of the safest cities for women. Most of the facilities are accessible to students. The environment at Mizoram University is also apt for the students from all over the country.
Last updated on September 28th, 2020 at 05:36 pm
Ans: The following documents should submitted during the admission with 2 copies:
- Adhaar Card
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet
- Proof of Entrance Exam
- 5 passport size photographs
Last updated on September 28th, 2020 at 05:37 pm
Ans: Mizoram University accepts the score of JEE Main entrance examination to provide admission in different courses under different specializations.
Last updated on September 28th, 2020 at 05:40 pm
Ans: The candidates are selected on the basis of the scores of JEE Main examination which is followed by JoSAA counseling and MZUEEE.