Last updated on July 19th, 2021 by Pratima Khatri
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Villupuram was established on 17th October 1984. The name MEPCO signifies the main company along with the collaborated one, i.e., “Metal Powder Company” and “Schlenk “is the name of the German collaborator of the company.
The college offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctoral courses in the discipline of Engineering and Technology. The admissions to the courses will be as per the university norms and also the candidates can apply for MSEC Villupuram admission 2021 as per the university rules and regulations.
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College Quick Facts
- Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Villupuram offers admissions for students online for all the offered UG and PG courses.
- Entrance exams like TANCET, TNEA, and GATE are being conducted online.
- To register for admission in any course, a candidate must register for the TNEA exam conducted by Anna University. Tamilnadu.
- MSEC runs as an autonomous institution and currently is under self-financing schemes.
- The college was previously affiliated with Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, now it is affiliated with Anna University, Chennai since 2001.
- Among many of its ranks and honors, the university has accreditation under the Tier-I category and has also got ISO 9001-2008 certificate from M/s. DNV, Netherlands.
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College Rankings
- Computer Society of India (CSI), Mumbai Chapter & IIT Bombay Honoured Mepco college with “Distinguished College award” at the CSI TechNext India 2017 conference.
- The college secured 91st Rank among the top 100 private B-Schools by India Today Survey in 2018.
- GOLD Rating by the AICTE-CII Survey of Industry – Linked Technical Institutes, in 2018.
- In the DataQuest Survey, the college has secured 26th position in “Top 100 Private T-Schools-2018” and 36th position in “Top 100 T-Schools-2018 Government and Private combined”.
- In the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) the college has secured the 73rd position in “Top 100 Engineering Colleges” including IITs and NITs in the year 2017.
- Ranked 5th among the engineering colleges all over India conducted by CSR-GHRDC Engineering Colleges (including IITs & NITs) by Colleges Survey in 2017.
- 30th Position in the TOP Professional Colleges by Outlook Survey in 2017.
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College Courses and Fees
MSEC is a certified professional institute of ISO-9001:2015 with an ‘A’ grade by National Assessment and Accreditation (NAAC). This institution has a 228:2820 teacher-Student ratio. 89 among 228 teachers are PhD holders. The courses with specialization along with the relevant details offered by MSEC are tabulated below:
|Courses||Course Details||Selection Basis|
||Entrance Exam conducted by the Authority|
Mepco Schlenk Engineering College Scholarships
A scholarship is offered by MSEC Villupuram every year for first-year B.E. / B. Tech students, the eligibility criteria along with the benefits (for academic as well as sports or fine arts ground) will be availed to the students for the same is tabulated below:
|10+2 performance||For Academics||For Sports/ Fine Arts|
|Centum in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry||No tuition fee + INR 50,000 Scholarship||+ INR 25,000 Scholarship for State-Level Medal winner.|
|Centum in any two Between Maths, Physics, and Chemistry||No tuition fee + INR 25,000 Scholarship||—|
|Aggregate 190nand above out of 200||INR 30,000 Scholarship||—|
|Aggregate 180 to 189.99 out of 200||INR 15,000 Scholarship||—|
|Aggregate 170 to 179.99 out of 200||—||INR 12,500 Scholarship for State-Level Medal winner.|