Last updated on July 20th, 2021 by Sushil Pandey
Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) is located in the city of Hyderabad, in the Indian state of Telangana. It was established in 1998.
The campus of MANUU is around 200 acres, and it offers about 83 courses in 11 streams. The University is approved by UGC (University Grants Commission), has received Grade ‘A’ accreditation from NAAC It is also given an AAA rating in MBA.
This co-ed institute consists of 19 departments offering Masters programs, and Research programs at M.Phil. and Ph.D. levels. At the Undergraduate level, MANUU offers courses in Science, Commerce, Arts, Education, and Technology. Some of the popular courses are B.A., M.A., B.Com., B.Ed. and Ph.D.,
The eligibility criteria for these degrees usually differ from 45% – 55% aggregate score in the qualifying examination, based on how much higher the level of the course is. The admission process is online, and the candidates must have Urdu as a subject or a medium in their 10 or 10+2 equivalent Madrasa courses.
MANUU Hyderabad Quick Facts
- The Total number of faculty is more than 300, The number of seats offered is more than 32,000.
- As per the Government norms, 27% of the seats are reserved for the backward class, 15% for Scheduled Castes, 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes, 33% for women students, and 5% for Ph.D.
- The placement cell of MANUU organizes on-campus recruitment drives, counseling sessions, various pre-placement talks, mock group discussions, and interviews for the students’ improvement in these areas.
- The highest placement of 2020 is 58% in the Diploma of Civil Engineering.
- They have a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Doordarshan, Prasar Bharti, The institute’s Educational Programmes are telecasted daily on DD Urdu Channel since 1st January 2010.
MANUU Hyderabad Rankings
|Association Of Indian Universities||Member|
|Distance education bureau||A|
MANUU Hyderabad: Courses and Fees
Various courses of Maulana Azad National Urdu University follow an age limit. The age of the candidate is calculated as of June 30th.
- For Bridge courses, the age limit is 28.
- For Undergraduate courses, the age limit is 30.
- For Postgraduate courses, the age limit is 35.
- For Diploma in Engineering or Education courses, the age limit is 25.
The table given below shows the courses offered by Maulana Azad National Urdu University, their eligibility criteria, and required fees.
||INR 12.45 K|
||INR 15.75 K|
||INR 25.7 K|
||INR 12.45 K|
||INR 18.85 – 23.7 K|
||INR 18.3 K|
||INR 24.7 K|
||INR 14.3 K|
||INR 25.7 K|
||INR 9 K (first year)|
MANUU Hyderabad: Placements
- MANUU has its own placement cell, which organizes an on-campus recruitment drive, counseling sessions, various pre-placement talks, mock group discussions, and interviews for preparing the students.
- Companies like Amazon, ICICI, Infosys, Wipro, Airtel, Kotak Bank, Big Bazaar, CapGemini, TradeIndia, DHFL, and Cognizant are some of the recruiters who hire from this institute.
- Diploma of Civil Engineering has the highest placement, which is about 58%.
- B.E. and B.Tech. courses, the median package is INR 3.48 Lakhs.
- The median package for the 3 years PG Programmes is INR 2.76 Lakhs.
- M.B.A. it’s around INR 2.75 Lakhs.
MANUU Hyderabad: Scholarship
After admission, the candidates can apply for scholarships. The Ph.D. research scholars receive INR 8000/- p.m. as per the UGC Non-NET Fellowship. Names of some scholarships are:
- Hamdard Scholarships for Students: Applicable for outstanding Muslim students of Science, Engineering, Medicine, Commerce, and Social Sciences at Higher Secondary level, Senior Secondary Level, and Graduation Level.
- Jauhar National Scholarship: Applicable for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Muslim students of all streams, who belong to the financially weak category but have excellent merit. A cash prize of INR 10,000/- and a certificate is provided to them.
- Israel Government Scholarship: This scholarship is provided for researching subjects like Middle East Studies, Comparative Study of Religions (with special reference to Judaism), Hebrew language and literature, History of Jewish People, Agriculture, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Management, Mass Communication, Environment Studies, Chemistry, and Economics.
- Commonwealth Scholarship in the United Kingdom: In the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development for Master’s and Doctorate Program, consider few developmental themes such as Science and Technology for Development, Access, Inclusion, and Opportunity, etc. under this scholarship.
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students- Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India: This scholarship is applicable for ST (Scheduled Tribes) students who are chosen for M.Phil. and Ph.D. Courses.
- Few other scholarships/fellowships that are offered by the University are:
- Certificates of Non-Border and Border Certificates: Applicable for M.Phil. or Ph.D. Scholars.
- Consulate General of the Islamic Republic of Iran Letter
- UGC Scholarships
- Lok Sabha Research Fellowship
- National Overseas Scholarship(NOS) for ST Candidates