Last updated on September 17th, 2021 by Nikita Joshi
Maharashtra Institute of Technology was established in 1975 by Gramodyogik Shikshak Mandal (GSM) and the MIT group of institutes. It imparts education in various fields such as architecture, engineering, Management, Technology, agriculture, medical and paramedical. The institute offers a wide number of courses under different specializations. Admission into this college is by entrance examination.
- The Maharashtra Institute of Technology is approved by AICTE.
- It is accredited with grade A by NAAC.
- It is a private engineering college located in Aurangabad.
- It offers education both full-time and part-time.
- Among the popular courses are B.E, B.TECH, M.E, and M.TECH.
- The Maharashtra Institute of Technology offers 16 courses across 4 major streams.
- The college offers diplomas, undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, and vocational courses.
- The college is also known to have a fine experience in distance learning.
- Workshops enhancing doctoral, scientific, and skill improvement programs are the highlight of the institute.
- The college also offers advanced courses.
For a better understanding of the eligibility and the programs offered under these streams, one must check with the institute. However, some basic criteria are discussed in the following article.
Admission updates of the college
For the admission updates in Maharashtra Institute of Technology 2021, refer to the article below.
Process of admission to MIT
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology Aurangabad BTech admission is based on the JEE main or MHT CET examination score.
- The mode of admission is online.
- Admission to the postgraduate program MTech is done on the basis of the GATE score.
- University welcomes international students to apply for admission in undergraduate and postgraduate courses of the college.
- Candidates are eligible only if they have completed a diploma in engineering from an AICTE approved institute.
- Lateral entry admissions are offered for B tech programs.
- The admission process for various courses offered by MIT Aurangabad differs depending on the stream the candidate chooses to apply to.
- The basic eligibility criteria is a pass of class 12 or a diploma in engineering for undergraduate courses.
- The institute also invites applications from candidates for vacancies declared after CAP (centralized admission process).
- Admissions are conducted by Directorate Technical Education ( DTE) through CAP or Institute Level Admission (ILA).
- MIT Aurangabad BTech offers specializations in 7 streams, namely computer science and engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering, mechanical engineering, Plastics and polymers engineering, Electrical engineering, Agricultural engineering, and civil engineering.
- The eligibility criteria for MIT BTech is a class 12th in physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects and biology, chemistry, biotechnology for technical vocational as a subject from Maharashtra state board.
- 5% relaxation for backward and physically disabled students.
- The total seat intake is 510, and the exam accepted for Admission is JEE Main and MHT CET.
- For admission in postgraduate courses at MIT, a valid score of GATE is taken into consideration.
- The total seat intake in the MTech program is 90.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s in engineering technology or equivalent with at least 50% aggregate are eligible to apply.
- The MTech program has a specialisation in mechanical engineering, computer Science and Technology, food processing technology, and electronics and telecommunication engineering.
- Relaxation of 5% in aggregate eligibility e percentage is allowed for backward category students and physically disabled students of Maharashtra.
BTech seat intake
|Computer Science and engineering||60|
|Plastic and polymer engineering||60|
|Electronics and telecommunication engineering||120|
MTech seat intake
|Computer Science and Technology||24|
|Food Processing Technology||24|
|Electronics and telecommunication engineering||24|
Quick facts about MIT
Some quick facts about MIT:
- MIT has become a center for learning and serving students over the last four decades.
- MIT classrooms have digital learning dimensions.
- The Maharashtra Institute of Technology has established over 20 institutes at different locations.
- The institute offers programs more in more than 55 subjects across Science, Engineering, Technology, Management, and paramedical domains.
- The main campus at Beed bypass in Aurangabad spreads over 47 acres.
Rankings of MIT
- The college has been accredited with grade A by NAAC.
- AICTE has approved the institute.
- It has been ranked 87th for BTech by outlook 2019.
- Institute is recognized among the top 100 local chapters by MHRD in 2018.
- The institute is also recognized as a shining nodal center under IIT Bombay by virtual lab IIT Bombay in 2019.
- MIT is also recognized as a scientific and industrial research organization and registered with the department of scientific and industrial research.
Courses and fees
The detailed information about the courses at Maharashtra institute of technology can be read as follows:
- The college offers undergraduate programs in major 4 streams, i.e., engineering, business and Management studies, science, and IT and software.
- The college offers 11 specializations, computer science engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering, civil engineering, agriculture and farmer engineering, polymer technology, agriculture, electronics engineering, Food Technology, telecommunication engineering.
|Courses||Fees (1st year only)||Eligibility|
|BTech||₹1.02 Lakhs||10+2+ JEE main|
|MBA||₹82,234||Graduation with 50%+ MAH CET|
|MTech||₹76,493||PASS IN GRADUATION + GATE|
|Btech (lateral)||₹99,513||10 + 3 + JEE main|
- MTech aspirants must obtain their bachelor’s degree in a relevant branch of engineering.
- For candidates of the reserved category of Maharashtra state, The eligible marks are relaxed to 45%.
- The Maharashtra state candidates should have CMAT or MAH CET MBA scores as candidates belonging to their states will apply on the basis of their management entrance courses like CAT, MAT, ATMA, XAT, or GMAT.
A more specific and detailed informative page can be drawn from the college website.
Placements offered by MIT
MIT works very hard for its training programs to make its students market-ready. Specific skill improvement workshops and skills are run for the impressive representation of the organization.
- Some of the very famous recruiters of MIT include Amazon, Bajaj, Ceat tires, Godrej, Grindmaster, Bosch, Aspiring minds, SAP, Videocon, Wipro, Tata consultancy services, Tata Steel, Tata Motors, Tech Mahindra, Reliance, NRB bearings, Bitwise, and Cognizant.
- The college constantly holds guest lectures, consultancy programs, and development programs as the building blocks of their candidate minds.
- The placement cell also conducts image building, resume building, mock interviews, and aptitude tests for the MITians.
The college includes in its curriculum the implant training that undergoes 20-week implant training in the 8th semester. Two internal review seminars are held during the training period, which is finally e examined by a Viva. The implant training helps the students clarify their various aspects like the employability skills, to cultivate teamwork and leadership skills, to increase the self-confidence of the students, in finding proficiency of the students, to gain valuable industry knowledge, to understand the workplace culture and environment, to relate the theoretical concepts with organizational functioning, to encourage real corporate exposure, and the most important to help them connect with their practical self.
MIT works very closely with the local chamber of Commerce trade bodies and associations. Being a member of the Marathwada auto cluster, Deogiri electronics cluster MIT is a long-standing industry institution. It introduces various trade fairs to develop relationships with the employees of different companies. MITians go through a tailor-made skill development program that allows them to develop curriculum according to the industry. MIT also offers various demand advanced courses that connect the industry to the students and further facilitate job requirements. All in all, it offers various services that create job opportunities for the students.
To learn more about the placement opportunities offered by the Maharashtra Institute of Technology and the reviews, refer to the link below. Read more here: Placements offered by MIT.
Scholarships offered by MIT
The Maharashtra Institute of Technology is very much focused on getting its aspirants as much help in getting financial aid and assistance for admissions. In order to do so, MIT offers students various scholarships. Amongst the most famous is MIT TARA- a special scholarship scheme.
MIT TARA – a special scholarship scheme
This scheme is named after Tarabai Shinde, who was the first modern Indian feminist of the 19th century. This scholarship scheme is meant explicitly for marriage meritorious and deserving candidates who satisfy the following criteria.
- The candidate must be a girl.
- The candidate must be recommended by the headmaster or the principal of the school or Institute last studied.
- The candidate should have excellent academic performance at 10 + 2 qualifying examinations.
- The parents of the candidate should have their income from agricultural produce solely.
- The candidate must have a merit number in the range of those admitted at government engineering colleges in the state of Maharashtra.
Nature of the scholarship
- The maximum number of students who are offered this special scholarship is 20.
- The candidate is offered a laptop and special monitoring.
- The tuition fee charged under the scholarship is INR 25,000 per year.
- Scheme only those students who do not avail for any other schemes or fee concession.
- The candidate shall have the special privilege of free incubation facility for their entrepreneurial projects.
- The student in this scheme will get priority to be absorbed in government-funded research programs and will be promoted for internships.
- To stay eligible for this scheme, the candidate must maintain 90% attendance for all academic sessions.
- The candidate must score 75% in each examination and pass in all and semester examinations.
- The candidate is expected to abide by the rules prescribed by the university or the government.
- The candidate shall continue with the same course of study till the completion of the course.
- The candidate shall not indulge in any anti-National activities as defined by the law of the land.
Selection procedure of the scholarship scheme
- The scheme is announced through the official website of the college.
- The applications are invited by online mode during a specific period.
- The decisions of the security community committee are final and binding on all concerns.
- The final list shall be announced post scrutiny and interviews.
- The special committee shall scrutinize all the applications.
- The applicants are called for special interviews with the relevant documentary evidence.
Postgraduate study scholarship scheme at MIT (PGSSSM)
This scholarship is open for all the students taking admission in MTech for the entire course duration. The objective of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance who successfully have completed their graduation degree during the last 5 academic years. This scholarship is also to harness the potent talent of differently-abled students facing several barriers such as physical, financial, psychological, or mental for pursuing higher studies.
The scholarships are provided to all admitted students. 30% of scholarships are reserved for girls which are transferable to the male students in case of no female candidates.
Benefits under this scholarship scheme
- Professional MTech courses (normal category), excluding Food Technology course: 40% off tuition fee waiver for qualifying GATE score. 30% of a tuition fee waiver for GATE non-zero score.
- Professional MTech courses (for persons with disabilities): 50 % tuition fee waiver.
Implementation of the scholarship scheme
- The scholarship is awarded for only one course at a time.
- The scholarship is awarded to the first-class division in the undergraduate course candidates of the MIT to pursue technical courses.
- The and annual income of the guardian or parent of the beneficiary should not exceed 8 legs from all sources.
- Preference will be given to economically weaker students.
- Scholarship holds good under the scheme of pursuing the course from the government of Maharashtra or the government of India.
- Continue the scholarship in the subsequent years. The candidate must be subjected to successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- Financial assistance for the books or stationery allowance will be credited to the student’s account quarterly. However, this is applicable on the production of proof of such purchase or evidence as per the schedule or deadlines for the same as lead from time to time.
- No direct amount shall be credited to the beneficiaries account, the tuition fee waiver amount shall be deducted from the component of tuition fees applicable to the students at the college level.
There are also some other conditions of the scholarship, such as the student should not be found to have obtained the scholarship by a false statement. The scholarship amount shall be canceled, and the amount paid shall be recovered immediately. The scholarship may be canceled if this color changes the subject of the course of study without prior approval. This scholarship usually depends on the progress and the conduct of the scholar. Hence scholarship may be canceled if the beneficiary participates in strikes or is a regular in attendance without permission of the authorities. The beneficiary must not indulge in any misconduct on his own or as an act of default. It must maintain satisfactory progress in academics.
Important notes regarding this scholarship scheme
- Hostel and other facilities are not included in the scheme.
- Incomplete applications in any respect shall be rejected without any notification.
- Any fresh paper or enclosures submitted after the closing date shall not be considered at all.
- The screening committee’s decision to grant the scholarship shall be final and should be abided by, by all.
The eligibility criteria for this scholarship scheme selection will only be viewed after the application of the scholarship scheme is filled by the candidate.
Apart from these, there are various scholarships specifically for minority students, for the economically backward category, and OBCs. To get a detailed description of the scholarship and to apply for the scholarships.
FAQs about MIT
Last updated on September 17th, 2021
Ans: you can approve anytime throughout the year to seek admission-related information or to confirm the admin admissions subject to your eligibility. However, the admission process begins around me and the academic year begins July every year.
Last updated on September 17th, 2021
Ans: You can contact the dene admissions for all admission-related queries. You can also email us at [email protected]