Last updated on June 17th, 2021 by Sounak Banerjee
Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University (MPBOU) has extended the date of admission for old students to different courses at the University till March 31, 2021. The admission is granted to first, second, and final year students. Interested students can find details on its official website.
The University offer different courses at UG and PG level in distance mode and for every course details of semester exam, time table and other admissions information will be updated on its website. Most of the UG level courses are of 3 years duration, that are conducted off campus. Available UG courses are BBA, B. Com, B.Sc., BA, and along with a few diploma and certification programs. The basic required eligibility for admission to these UG courses is 12th in the relevant stream, however selection criteria might vary with the course.
At PG level, Madhya Pradesh Bhoj (Open) University (MPBOU) provide courses in streams of management, education, commerce, science, engineering, computer applications, arts, and agriculture. The duration of most of the courses is 2 years and eligibility and selection process varies according to each course. Important points pertaining to the admissions taking at the University are listed below.
- Admissions to the courses available is made on the basis of merit in qualifying examination
- Those fulfilling eligibility norms are required to register themselves in online mode
- There are 11 regional centres for the University across the state where exams are conducted
- For UG category, available courses are BCA, BBA, B.Sc., B. Com, B.Ed. and under PG category, available courses are MCA, MBA, M.Sc., MLIS, MSWPGDDTN and PGDHHM
- For B.Ed. and M.Ed. admissions, selection is made on the basis of merit in entrance test conducted by the University itself
- For UG courses, basic eligibility is 12th class, while for PG courses, a candidate needs to pass UG degree from a recognized board
- Application forms can be obtained from any of the regional centres by paying an amount of INR 150 for UG courses and INR 300 for PG courses
- The registration fee and course fee must be paid online through MP Online kiosks at any of the regional centres of the University.
MPBOU Bhopal Admission: Important Dates
|Release of UG and PG Application Form||3rd week of July 2021|
|Last date to apply by filling the Application Form||Last week of August 2021|
|Release of B.Ed. Application Form||Last week of July 2021|
|Last date to register for B.Ed.||August 2021|
|B.Ed. Entrance Exam||September 2021|
*Madhya Pradesh Open University is yet to announce admission dates for the next academic year. As per the previous year notifications, tentative dates are tabulated below.
MPBOU Bhopal UG Admission 2021
At UG level, Madhya Pradesh Open University conducts different courses in streams of science, arts, commerce, management, computer applications, and law. The following are the courses and its specializations:
|Certification||Human rights and Site Personnel Management|
|BA||Sociology, Urdu Literature, Geography, Sanskrit Literature, Political Science, History, Hindi Literature, Economics, and English Literature|
|B.Sc.||Information Technology, Mathematics, and Biology|
|Diploma||Elementary Education, Business Administration, Nutrition and Health Education, and Computer Application|
|BCA||IT, Mathematics, and Biology|
|B.Ed.||General and Special Education|
The eligibility criteria for each of the UG courses is discussed below.
- Certificate Course: Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board to be eligible
- BA: To be eligible, a candidate must have passed 12th exam
- B.Sc.: Aspirants must have passed 12th class exam with Biology or Maths as compulsory subject
- B.com.: A candidate must have passed 10+2 with science /commerce/ management stream from a recognized Board
- BBA: A candidate must have passed 10+2 with commerce/ management stream from a recognized Board
- Diploma: A candidate must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% of marks along with 2 years teaching experience
- BCA: Candidate must have passed 10+2 or other equivalent examination with Mathematics
- B.Li.Sc. A candidate must have passed graduation or equivalent course in the relevant field
- BJMC: Must have passed graduation or equivalent course from a recognized board
- B.Ed.: Candidate must have passed Graduation with 50% marks and trained in-service teachers in elementary education or must have completed NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
- Admission to all UG level courses is done on the basis of merit in qualifying exam i.e., marks secured at 12th level
- Eligible candidates need to visit the MP Online portal to register themselves in online mode for admissions
- There is option for direct admission as well for those satisfying the eligibility norms
- For Diploma in Elementary Education, the University conducts separate entrance test for admissions.
MPBOU Bhopal PG Admission 2021
The PG level courses offered by the institution are tabulated below.
|M.Sc.||Mathematics, Physics, Information Technology, Zoology, and Chemistry|
|MA||Political Science, History, Ancient Indian History and Archaeology, and Sociology|
|PG Diploma||Company Secretaryship, Computer Applications, Cheminformatics, Tourism and Hotel Management, Heritage Management and Tourism, Dietetics and Therapeutics Nutrition, and Bioinformatics|
The eligibility criteria for each of the PG courses is discussed below.
- M.Sc.: A candidate must have passed UG degree in Math / Physics / Electronics / Computer Science from a recognized University
- MSW and MA: Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized board
- PG Diploma: Must be a Graduate in the relevant stream from a recognized board
- M.Ed.: Candidate must have attained a minimum of 55% (50% for reserved categories) marks in B.Ed./ B.Ed. (El. Edu.)/ B.A.-B.Ed. or B.Sc.-B.Ed. degree in Regular or Distance Mode along with 2 years of teaching/ professional experience after completion of the qualifying degree
- MIB: A candidate must have passed Bachelor degree in the relevant field
- M.Com: Candidate must have a UG degree in commerce stream. Also, candidate with BBA qualification is also eligible
- MCA: Students must have passed graduation with Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology as one of the main subjects
- MCS: Students must have passed graduation with Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or Electronic Science as main subjects
- M.Li.Sc.: Students with B.Li.Sc or B.Lib. degree are eligible to apply
- MJMC: Candidates with BJMC or equivalent degree in Public Relations or IT are eligible to apply. Those with PG Diploma in IT or Public Relations are also eligible to apply
- For most of the PG courses, selection is done on a first come first serve basis.
- Also, the University offers direct admission to PG courses, which is subjected to verification of documents and satisfying eligibility criteria at the time of counselling scheduled at respective regional centres.
- For B.Ed. admissions, the University conducts entrance tests for admission purposes.
- M.Ed. admissions are done on the basis of written test in Education and General Knowledge subjects having 70 marks followed by one’s Academic Qualification carrying 14 marks and work experience carrying 16 marks. Application form for the entrance test can be downloaded from the official website with payment of INR 1000.
MPBOU Bhopal MBA Admissions 2021
Madhya Pradesh Open University conducts a 3-year course in MBA under various streams of specializations. MBA is conducted in distance mode for eligible candidates with valid UG degree. Specializations available for MBA:
- Materials Management
To be eligible for MBA course, a candidate must have passed BBA or any equivalent UG degree in the relevant stream from a recognized board
Selection to MBA course is done on the basis of merit in qualifying UG degree followed by work experience, if applicable.
MPBOU Bhopal Application Process
To apply for the PG level courses, one needs to follow below steps:
- Students can obtain information brochure from any regional center on paying the registration fee at MP Online Portal in favour of ‘The Registrar ‘through DD Challan
- On paying the fees, one needs to submit the required documents for the verification of eligibility
- After the verification, eligible candidates can fill the application form signed by the head of the regional center
- On the basis of application, the candidates will receive transaction ID
- After fee payment for the course opted, students will get three copies of the filled application form namely, Student’s copy; Kiosk Centre’s copy; and study centre’s copy
- After completion of the application process, roll numbers will be allotted to the students who are getting admitted.
MPBOU Bhopal Admission: FAQs
Last updated on June 17th, 2021
Ans. Yes, the Regional centres for MP Open University are available only in parts of Madhya Pradesh state and not outside the state. These centres are available at Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Gwalior, Rewa, Satna, Sagar, Chindwara, Ujjain, Hoshangabad, and Barwani.
Last updated on June 17th, 2021
Ans. No, there is no hostel accommodation available for students as the University is an Open University that conducts courses in distance or correspondence mode only. So, hostel accommodation will provide no use to students and they can take classes from the comfort of their home itself.
Last updated on June 17th, 2021
Ans. Yes, many of the courses at the University are offered in distance mode or correspondence mode so as to avoid the difficulty of travelling, but value wise, the degree is equivalent to any regular degree when it comes to employment opportunities. On successful course completion, a candidate will get a valid certificate which can be used for higher education or job as well.
Last updated on June 17th, 2021
Ans. Yes, the University does have an active placement cell that looks into the matter of recruitment. Some of the top recruiting firms are: HCL, Netlink, Ranbaxy, Oberoi Hotel, and many more.