Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 06:33 pm
Lalit Narayan Mithila University (LNMU) is a state university that is located in Darbhanga, Bihar. It was established in 1972 and is reputed as one of the best universities in Bihar. Currently, 25 colleges are affiliated with the university, along with 43 constituent colleges. The university is accredited by NAAC with a grade ‘B’.
LNMU offers several courses in Arts, Commerce, Science, and Management streams, at Undergraduate, Postgraduate, as well as Doctoral levels. Some UG level programs offered by LNMU are B.A, B. SC, B. Com, BLS, B. Ed, LL. B, and MBBS, and some PG level programs offered are M.A., M. Sc, MBA, MCA, MD, MS, and M. Com.
It also provides courses in PG Diploma in Geriatric Care. In 1998, the Lalit Narayan Mithila University Distance Education program was started with the initiative of fulfilling the needs of students in a distance mode. Admissions to LNMU are offered based on merit scored in qualifying examinations or entrance examinations as instructed by the university.
Some top colleges that are affiliated by LNMU are as follows:
- Darbhanga Medical College
- Ram Krishna College
- Mithila Minority Dental College and Hospital
- C. M. College
Some details about Lalit Narayan Mithila University are given in the table below:
|Established | Institute Type||1972 | State University|
|Location of Institute||Darbhanga, Bihar|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘B’ Grade|
|Entrance Exam||CET/ PAT/ CAT-EAT/ NEET-UG/ NEET PG/ MAT/ CMAT|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Ph. D.|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance and Merit-based|
|Top Recruiters||Kotak Mahindra Bank, Dr, Reddy’s Laboratories, VIVO, etc.|
|Campus Area||201 acres|
|Facilities Available||Wi-Fi, Hostels, Medical facilities, library, Labs, Transportation facilities, Cafeteria|
LNMU: Courses Offered
LNMU offers UG and PG programs across various streams with specializations. The eligibility and selection criteria and some specializations of these programs are given in detail below:
|Course Name||Streams||Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|B.A.||English||Intermediate graduate||Merit-based and Counselling|
|B. Com||Economics||Intermediate graduate||Merit-based and Counselling|
|B. Sc||Botany||Intermediate graduate||Merit-based and Counselling|
|M.A.||English||Graduate in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks||Merit scored in Graduation|
|M. Com||Insurance||Graduate in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks||Merit scored in Graduation|
|M. Sc||Zoology||Graduate in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks||Merit scored in Graduation|
|B. Tech||Computer Science||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved category students)||Merit scored in Common Admission Test (CET)|
|MBBS||–||Intermediate graduate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Score in NEET examination|
|MBA||–||Graduate in a relevant discipline||Score in CMAT or MAT examination|
|MCA||–||Bachelor’s degree graduation with minimum 50% aggregate marks||Merit scored in Common Admission Test (CET)|
|B. Ed||–||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline in 10+2+3 pattern, or a Master’s degree in Humanity/ Social Science/ Science, or B.E/ B. Tech with minimum 50% marks||Merit scored in Common Admission Test (CET)|
|MD/ MS||Anatomy||MBBS degree||Score in NEET PG|
The university also offers Ph. D programs in several subjects like Economics, English, Ancient History, Hindi, Sanskrit, Geography, History, Philosophy, Psychology, Music, and Political science. Selections for Ph. D courses are done based on marks in Post-graduation and the Ph. D admission test or PAT conducted by the university.
LNMU Distance Education Program
The university started its distance education program in 1998 to make education more accessible and fulfilling for students who work or are unable to attend offline classes. The program provides education at UG and PG levels in different subjects like M.A, BLIS, MLIS, B. Ed., etc. Currently, almost 30% of students of higher education in LNMU are enrolled in the ODL system in DDE. Some courses offered in the open distance learning mode are mentioned in the table below.
|BLIS||Graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks||1 year|
|MLIS||BLIS graduation from a recognized university with a minimum 50% aggregate marks|
|B.A/ B. Com||Intermediate Graduate||3 years|
|M.A/ M. Com||Graduate in relevant discipline||2 years|
|M. Sc||B. Sc or its equivalent degree|
|M. Ed||Graduate or a Bachelor’s degree in Education|
Application forms for LNMU are released on the official website of the university. Eligible and interested candidates can fill application forms for admission by following the mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of LNMU and click on the ‘Registration’ option.
- Fill the application form with the required details.
- Upload necessary documents, signature, and submit the filled application form.
- An application fee is required to pay during submission of the application form, through challan.
- After completing the application process, download the filled application form and the payment receipt for future references.
Some documents required to attach with the application form are as follows:
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheets, and other mark sheets of required qualifying examinations
- 3 passport size photographs
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
As per the rules of the Bihar government, LNMU offers reservation facilities to Permanent Residents or Native and Domicile of Bihar. The reservation criteria for LNMU are as follows:
|Wards of employees of LNMU||05%|
LMU offers good placement opportunities for all students. Like any other college, it has its own dedicated placement cell. Some highlights of the latest placements are listed below:
- It has been recorded that students from PGDM, B. Com, B.A, B. ED, get the most number of opportunities.
- The highest package offered to students was INR 4 LPA.
- Some of the top recruiters of LNMU are VIVO, Dr Redy Laboratories, Kotak Mahindra Bank, etc.
- Hostel Facilities: The university provides separate hostels for girls and boys with good accommodation facilities and necessary supplies like electricity, free internet, water, etc. There are a total of four hostels on campus.
- Medical Facilities: The university has its own in-house medical care unit, in-house hospital, and in-house doctors, that provide medical help and services all hours of the day. The nurses and other paramedical staff at the hospital ensured a healthy campus time for the students.
- Library: The university houses a well-equipped library with a rich collection of books, journals, articles on various disciplines and categories. The library is recorded to have 1,22,523 books, 14,66. journals, 2359 bind back volumes, and newspapers in its vast collection.
- Sports Infrastructure: The university offers well-equipped playgrounds, a sports complex, a gymnasium, and other sports facilities to promote sports culture among students and encourage them to practice and take part in various sports competitions and activities.
LNMU houses some of the best-educated and knowledgeable teachers. The teachers are extremely helpful, friendly, approachable, encouraging, and supportive. They give proper attention to every student and help them excel. All the teachers at the institute are oriented towards providing quality education to every student. Currently, LNMU consists of more than 400 faculty members.
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 05:39 pm
Ans Non-teaching employees who have a minimum of 5 years of appointment, and have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in a Master’s degree, and have published at least 2 research papers in any reputed journal are exempted from PAT at LNMU. Candidates who have UGC NET/ GATE/ CSIR NET scores are also exempted from appearing for PAT.
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 05:40 pm
Ans. LNMU provides scholarships to students of top ranks and brilliant merit. Other scholarships available can be found in details on the government education portals online.
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 05:41 pm
Ans Some documents required to keep during a counselling session are as follows:
- Class 10 and 12 marks sheet and pass certificate.
- Transfer Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Date of Birth Proof
- Identity Proof
- SC/ ST/ OBC certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- Keep copies of passport size photographs.
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 05:43 pm
Ans: An applying candidate has to pay a fee of INR 1100 during submitting the application form along with necessary documents at the time of admission.
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 05:44 pm
Ans: Yes. LNMU offers a B. Ed program in both offline and DDE mode.
Last updated on April 17th, 2021 at 05:45 pm
Ans: LNMU offers an infrastructure of high quality and eco-friendly, green educational environment. Classes are provided with good technologies for optimum means of conduction and good quality education.