Last updated on June 4th, 2021 by Sounak Banerjee
Kumaraguru College of Technology is a private engineering college situated in Coimbatore. The college was established in 1984. KCT is affiliated with Anna University and authorized by the All India Council for Technical Education. All programs that are offered by KCT have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of the University Grants Council (UGC).
The college offers 14 undergraduate programs under BE and B. Tech and 15 postgraduate programs like MCA, MBA, MTech, and ME in specializations like Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Information Science and Engineering, Science and Humanities.
KCT College has nine recognized research programs, some of which are Electronics and Communication Engineering, Textile Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Physics, and Chemistry. Kumaraguru College of technology has equipped the college with outstanding amenities such as spacious classrooms, seminar halls, well-equipped laboratories, excellent sporting facilities, enthusiastic high-speed internet connectivity, and well-competent faculty.
Kumaraguru College of Technology Highlights
|Campus Size||150 Acres|
|Affiliated by||Anna University|
|Accredited to||NAAC Accreditation (Grade ‘A’) of UGC|
|Application mode||Online or Offline|
|Courses Offered||32 courses across 3 streams|
|Admission Criteria||Merit basis or Entrance test|
|Accepted Entrance||JEE Mains, GATE, TNEA, TANCET|
|Facilities Available||Library, Laboratories, Research Centers, Gym and sports amenities, Seminar Halls, Food Courts|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Microsoft, Robert Bosch, TVS Sundaram Fasteners Ltd, Decathlon Ltd|
Kumaraguru College of Technology Ranking
- Kumaraguru College of Technology is ranked 82nd in the National Institutional Ranking Framework Engineering Ranking of 2020.
- Kumaraguru College of Technology was complimented by being ranked in the top three in the National Institutional Ranking Framework in the preceding consecutive years.
- Kumaraguru College of Technology is positioned in the top 25 in the Top Engineering Colleges in South India 2020 by EduVidya.
Kumaraguru College of Technology Courses Offered
Kumaraguru College of Technology provides a multiplicity of programs in varied disciplines such as Technological Studies, Engineering, Computer Applications, and Management. The University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, and research degrees. The table beneath will describe the particulars of the program accessible in Kumaraguru College of Technology in detail.
|BE||4 years||The candidate should have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with the mandatory subjects Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.||Aeronautical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, and Data Science, Automobile, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Electronics and Instrumentation, Information Science, Mechanical, and Mechatronics Engineering||50,000 INR (first year)|
|B. Tech||4 years||The candidate should have passed 10+2 or the equivalent exam from the recognized board with the mandatory subjects Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry.||Bio-Technology, Fashion Technology, Information Technology, and Textile Technology.||50,000 INR (first year)|
|ME||2 years||The candidate should have passed a Bachelor’s degree with 50% (general), 45% (BC), 40% (SC, ST, MBC, DNC) in any connected ground from an institution recognized by the AICTE.||Communication Systems, Computer Science, Construction Management, Embedded Systems, Environmental, Industrial, and Structural Engineering.||50,000 INR (first year)|
|MTech||3 years||The candidate should have passed a Bachelor’s degree in any correlated field from a college recognized by the AICTE. The candidate should have taken Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2. Students should have a grade of least aggregate of 50% (general) or 45% (BC) and 40% (SC, ST, MBC, DNC).||—||50,000 INR (first year)|
|MBA||2 years||The candidate should have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board. The student should score at least an aggregate of 50% (general category) and 45% (SC, ST, MBC, DNC).||Nano Science and Technology||35,000 INR (first year)|
|Ph.D.||Maximum 5 years||A minimum of 50% grade in the Master’s degree and of the chosen stream is compulsory for the apprentices to be qualified.||Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Civil, Mechanical, Electronics and Communication, Computer Science, Textile Technology, Fashion Technology, Bio-Technology, Management Studies, Physics, and Chemistry.||—|
Kumaraguru College of Technology Admission
- Admissions for each program are performed based on merit and the grades scored on the particular entrance examination.
- Admissions in the B.E. and B. Tech course will be grounded on JEE Mains or TNEA score.
- Admissions in M.E., MTech, MBA, and MCA will be grounded on TANCET or GATE grades.
- Admission to the Ph.D. course will be grounded on the national level entrance examination surveyed by the Personal Interview.
- Applicants from Tamil Nadu, who have conceded Classes 8 to 12 are qualified to apply, with a release of children of Central Government Employees and children of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers.
- Applicants must have extended to 17 years at the phase of admission.
- The Maximum age boundary for applying is 25 years.
- MBA candidates should have accomplished their graduation. For TANCET MCA, learners must have mathematics as a mandatory subject at graduation level or in 10+2.
- Applicant should have secured a minimum of 50 percent marks and 45 percent for reserved category in the Bachelor’s degree examination. There are no age limitations for TANCET.
How to Apply?
- It is necessary for the candidates to effort the TNEA test and the TANCET. To apply, download and fill the form obtainable on the official website of TNEA and TANCET.
- Afterward the results of the entrance test are announced, all students are obligated to download and fill the application form of the college, existing on the official website.
- On applying, candidates will have to pay a registration fee of INR 500 regarding the general category and INR 250 for SC, ST, MBC, DNA categories.
- Selections are finalized according to TNEA counseling for undergraduate programs and TANCET counseling for postgraduate programs held by the Anna University.
- Admissions for the Ph.D. program are done twice each year by Anna University, Chennai. To follow research studies, candidates should contact the individual in the responsibility of the department.
- Candidates are compulsory to have the essential documents mentioned below during admission.
- HSC or SSC or correspondent exam certificate
- College leave-taking certificate
- TANCET/ TNEA grade Card
- Evidence of Nationality – Passport or Birth Certificate or Migration Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Medical Certificate
- A signed paper of Anti-Ragging Affidavit
- Community Certificate
Kumaraguru College of Technology Placement
The college has a competent placement cell that works concerned providing candidates with all the equipment that is compulsory for them to be lively in the business world. The university applies placement gatherings from the first year of university. There are common workshops from established colleges like Wipro, Accenture, and Infosys. Candidates at KCT are set regular updates on the news about several businesses so that students are knowledgeable about their career opportunities.
A few of the businesses where candidates are often placed are:
- Mahindra Satyam
- L&T Construction
- Future Generali Insurance
- Robert Bosch
- TVS Sundaram Fasteners Ltd
- Decathlon Ltd
Kumaraguru College of Technology Scholarship
- Mahatma Gandhi Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is presented to over 1000 KCT candidates who have shined in merit, persistence, and achievement.
- Achiever’s Award: This award is bestowed to candidates who outshine in academics, co-curricular, extra-curricular, leadership and research focus. The award is given under numerous classifications like Icon of the year, Technical Wit of the year for knowledge and brilliance in Design, Innovation, and Engineering, Best Sportsperson for excellence in sports, the Best Library Patron for consuming the library resources extensively, and the Best Volunteer.
- Pragati (Scholarship for Girl Students): This scholarship can be availed by each feminine aspirant. Started as a capability to encourage higher education in the girl children, this scholarship is executed by every university accredited to the All India Council for Technical Education.
- SAKSHAM (Scholarship to differently-abled students): Each candidate with a mental or physical disability is qualified to claim this scholarship. This scheme was started by the Ministry of HRD to inspire handicapped aspirants to pursue higher education.
Kumaraguru College of Technology Facilities
- Auditorium: The college has a spacious auditorium with seating dimensions of 1800. The auditorium has centralized air conditioning.
- Mahatma Gandhi Central Library: The library is spreader over an area of 16945 sq. feet. It has an enormous collection of books possess 67598 titles and 107534 volumes and has a subscription to 186 print journals, 8829 online international journals, and 59 magazines.
- Seminar Halls: There are four air-conditioned seminar halls in every with a seating capacity of 250 situated at the administrative building, Dr. Mahalingam Vigyan Bhavan. They are entitled Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, Dr. C.V. Raman, Sir M. Visvesvaraya, and Swami Vivekananda.
- Computing Infrastructure: KCT consists of numerous personal computers with high-end processors manufactured by Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Zenith. The 1st year Computer Lab has 120 PCs that are used for obtaining essential computing skills. The language lab engages 45 computers and the Centralized Computer-Aided Design Lab (CAD) has about 120 personal computers.
- Medical Center: Aruljothi Medical Centre on the ground is an eight bedded hospital with two doctors and nursing assistants. Patients needing specialized treatment are given to the nearby multi-specialty hospitals with which the college has connections.
- Cafeteria: The college campus cafeteria is accessible to the students and faculties. There are three smaller cafes and refreshment outlets in the college. The cafeteria offers good vegetarian food, bakery items, and fresh juices.
- Transport: The university has a limber of buses, vans, and cars to transport candidates and staff from different places in and around Coimbatore to the university. These buses operate onwards various paths starting from numerous locations approximately between 6.30 and 6.45 a.m. At the moment 13 buses, 4 minibusses, and 1 van are usable.
- Sports: KCT has 23 acres of playfields that lodge outdoor games like Football, Hockey, Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Ball Badminton, Kabaddi, Tennis, Handball, Kho-Kho, Throwball, and outdoor Gymnastics. There is also a gym available on the college campus.
- Hostel: KCT has on-campus hostel amenities for both boys and girls. The boy’s hostel has a total of 6 blocks with 510 rooms that can assist 2088 candidates. The girl’s hostel has 3 blocks and 264 rooms which can assist 1216 aspirants.
- The university has Wi-Fi amenities all around the campus, Bank amenities, and Book Stores.
Kumaraguru College of Technology FAQs
Last updated on June 4th, 2021
Ans. Kumaraguru College has international links with numerous famous colleges and inspires candidates to educate in abroad by the exchange course and the inward flow of international candidates. KCT has established partnerships with the following colleges:
- Manchester Metropolitan University – United Kingdom
- University of Leeds – United Kingdom
- California State University – USA
- Texas Tech University – USA
- RWTH University – Germany
- Ara University of Canterbury – New Zealand
- Tel Aviv University – Israel
- Technical University of Liberec – Czech Republic
Last updated on June 4th, 2021
Ans. Kumaraguru college has around 400 teaching staff and 395 non-teaching staff. Around 80% of the faculty members hold a doctorate and are achieving intense research in numerous technical areas.
Last updated on June 4th, 2021
Ans. Many programs are provided by the college Like B.E, MCA, MBA, ARTS, and science. A student can get great knowledge in the college by the good faculty and Guides. Students have the freedom to explore themselves in each aspect they want.
Last updated on June 4th, 2021
Ans. Future Center assists candidates lay a clearer road map to their future. Candidates from the starting of their journey at KCT are a lay hold of between a carefully engineered procedure of devising for a smooth take-off after their education in the university. This track offers them an attachment of time period to choose their cup of tea. In short, the programs in this unique procedure aim at imparting the equitable device and method to strengthen their potentiality in three core areas; self-awareness, clarity, and employability.
Last updated on June 4th, 2021
Ans. ProtoSem is a 15 week concentrated skills and competencies growth program launched by FORGE completed to FINAL YEAR candidates in technical knowledge. The program is trained to intensify the innovation, design, technical and entrepreneurial skills of the candidates and nourished them to recognized real-world problems, certify the problem with support from specialists and engineer a technology solution through a managed innovation procedure of prototype building. The chance that some of these prototypes acquiring ready for production and initiate as products and solutions in the market makethis program highly outcome orientate.