Last updated on April 20th, 2021 at 05:20 pm
Kannur University was founded in 1996 by the Kerala Legislative Assembly. Earlier it was known as the “Malabar University”. The purpose was to establish a University of teaching, residency, and communication, to promote the development of higher education in the Kasargod and Kannur districts and Mananthavady Taluk of the Wayanad District.
The university has a valid NAAC accreditation and has been Graded B by NAAC. Kannur University offers a number of Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses for the students.
The University is a multi-campus university with institutions located in various locations under their affiliation. The admissions in the university are conducted through both online and offline basis.
Kannur University Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1996 | Public|
|Accredited to||NAAC B|
|Affiliated to||UGC and AIC|
|Courses Offered||UG and PG Courses|
|Popular Courses||MSc, BA, MBA, MSC, BA(LLB), LLM, M.Tech|
|Top Recruiters||Yodlee, Zinnov, Zopper, Wipro, Writer, We Care, Sapient, Semi labs, Videocon, Vodafone|
|Campus Area||21 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hotel, Sports Complex, Cafeteria|
Kannur University Ranking
Here are some ranks of Kannur university, which can help you to decide the status of college at the national or international level.
Kannur University Courses
The KU offers UG courses in 19 subjects in different streams of Arts, Science and Commerce. Under PG courses, it offers M.A. programs into specializations. This detailed information about these courses is given in the table below:
||3 Years||10+2 or equivalent|
||3 Years||10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board in Science stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% to 60%|
||2 years||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Minimum percentage: 45% to 55%|
||2 years||Must graduate in B. Tech/ BE from a recognized Institute|
||4years||Class 10+2 exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects|
Kannur University Admission
Kannur University offers a variety of UG and PG courses in various disciplines such as – Arts, Commerce, Science and Engineering.
The admission eligibility criteria for a student applying for UG degree courses is he/she should have passed the Higher Secondary Class examination from a recognized board. In order to get admission into PG courses, the minimum eligibility criteria are Graduation from a recognized university.
How to apply?
The students who want to apply to any UG or PG courses can apply through online or offline mode. The applicant must follow these steps to use online mode:
- The application forms are available on the official website of KU.
- Applicants must complete the form on the official website.
- Fill in all the relevant details on the form.
- Upload your documents like date of birth proof, personal, and academic details.
- Pay the registration fee by using the online payment methods like net banking or Paytm.
- Review your application and submit it before the last date.
- Take a printout of the application form.
Students must submit the following information to the form:
- Domicile proof and ID proof
- Mark sheets and degrees
- Passport size photo
- Character certificate
- Date of Birth Proof
- Transfer Certificate.
Kannur University Placements
Kannur University provides quality education to students and ensures good placement of university students. Over the years, the university has top employers visiting the university in search of fresh talent.
Nearly 30% of the recruiting partners at the University for the first time. About 6% of employers visit the university more than once a year as they are very appreciative of the talent that they find and increase their hiring rate of students. The existing companies which have partnered do come back with a large number of requirements in various job profiles for their respective organizations. The university has added a list of recruiters to some of the best and biggest global organizations. There has been a significant increase in the number of organizations from all sectors of FMCG, Pharmaceuticals, Consulting, Manufacturing, and Banking.
For UG courses: 20 out of 45 with a median salary of INR 1.20 Lakhs
For PG courses: 123 out of 167 with a median salary of INR 1 Lakh
Some of the top recruiters in the institute include names like Yodlee, Zinnov, Zopper, Wipro, Writer, We Care, Sapient, Semi labs, Videocon, Vodafone, and many more reputed companies.
Kannur University Scholarships
- Kannur University offers a Scholarship site for all students.
- Scholarships are available to support full-time education at the University for Indian students only.
- The university has dedicated scholarships for the meritorious students of MBA program.
- The scholarship is required to financially constrain students under the Government of India sponsored Merit cum Means Based Scheme.
Who can apply?
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks (5% concession given to SC/ST) in aggregate from any recognized university.
- Applicants must have a high score on GMAT / CAT / XAT / MAT / ATMA / CMAT / NMAT by GMAC / AMAT.
- Candidates should be Indian nationals.
Kannur University Facilities
Here is the list of the facilities provided by the Kannur University.
- Library: Various books and journals can be found here in the college library for students.
- NSS: The students can opt for NSS, which helps the students to engage deeply in the social services.
- NCC: The college has the facility for students who want to opt for NCC in the university.
- Departmental Stores: The university has departmental stores that are available for the convenience of students.
- Fitness centre: The university has a fitness centre for students who want to utilize the facility to work out and stay fit.
- Facilities for specially-abled students: The university also provides facilities for specially-abled students such as wheel-chair friendly corridors, lifts and more.
Kannur University Faculty
Kannur University has some of the best faculties available in India. Each department has ahead of the department and a dean and the other faculties are working on the following positions.
- Professors: 10
- Assistant Professors: 144
- Others (Visiting): 16
Last updated on April 20th, 2021 at 03:57 pm
Ans: Yes, more than 80% of the buildings within the campus have lifts and ramps which is very helpful for the specially-abled students. The University also has the facility of a wheelchair for the specially-abled students.
Last updated on April 20th, 2021 at 03:59 pm
Ans: No, Kannur University does not have a valid NBA Accreditation but the university has been accredited and Graded B by NAAC.
Last updated on April 20th, 2021 at 04:00 pm
Ans: The Registration Process for the Distance Education Program offered by Kannur University starts in June (Academic Session beginning July). The students can apply for admission in the courses they want through the official website.
Last updated on April 20th, 2021 at 04:02 pm
Ans: The Certificate Programmes such as Afzal-Ul-Ulama (Preliminary) Additional Optional (Co-operation – for B Com Passed students) are offered under Distance mode in Kannur University.
Last updated on April 20th, 2021 at 04:03 pm
Ans: No, there are no Programs like MBA/B.Ed/M.Ed offered under Distance education in Kannur University. You can visit the official website of the college in order to know more about the distance education programs.
Last updated on April 20th, 2021 at 04:04 pm
Ans: Yes, the students can submit their fees online at Kannur University by going on the official website and a link available on the homepage of the website for the same. The receipt of the payment of fees will also be shared with the student online.