Last updated on October 27th, 2020 at 11:53 am
In addition to the JoSAA Business Rules 2020, there are certain changes that have been introduced in the JEE Main Counselling 2020 Process, specially due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The major change includes online verification of documents by verifying officers.
JoSAA has specified the following in their recent notice-
- Candidates are not required to visit the Verification / Reporting centers physically. The process is now completely online.
- Once a seat is allocated to a candidate, he/she must login and provide the options or willingness.
Summary of Instructions for JoSAA Counselling 2020
The candidates must follow the latest business rules. A summary of the important instructions was also provided in the notice, which are given below-
- The candidates should login to JoSAA 2020 portal for confirmation of any seat allotted to him/her.
- One of the following willingness options must be provided – FREEZE / FLOAT / SLIDE.
- The following documents have to be uploaded and submitted online-
- Class 10th Certificate / Birth Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet / Eligibility Proof
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate
- OCI/PIO card (if applicable)
- Passport / Citizenship Certificate (if applicable)
- Crossed Bank Cheque / Photocopy of Passbook / Screenshot of Online account
- DS certificate (if applicable)
- Pay the seat acceptance fees which is – INR 35,000 for Gen, Gen-EWS and OBC-NCL. While INR 15,000 for SC, ST, PwD candidates.
- Documents uploaded at the portal, shall be verified ONLINE by verifying officers of respective institute.
- In case of a dispute in uploaded documents, verifying officers can raise queries. These queries are visible to candidates after logging in to their portal.
- Queries must be responded within the specified time as per the schedule. There might be further queries that might be raised. Login to your account frequently and regularly check for any queries that must be responded.
- Responding to a query (ies) raised by a verifying officer is mandatory within the JoSAA schedule after each round. Inability to respond to a query can result in cancellation of the allocated seat.
- Fake / Forged Documents: During admission, candidates are required to submit the documents. If they are found forged or fake, the admission to that institute will be cancelled immediately.
- Subsequent to the Online Verification of Documents, a seat may be confirmed or cancelled. Further, Provisional Seat Allotment Letter or Provisional Seat Cancellation Letter will be issued to the candidate.
- The letter can be downloaded from the account.
- Candidates can use the Withdraw / Exit option too, only according to the JoSAA 2020 Business Rules.
Other Important Points To Note
- Seat Upgradation – After choosing the floating / sliding option to accept a seat, a candidate might be allotted a different seat in further round of counselling. In such a case, the previously offered seat will be forfeited.
- Further Round – A candidate who chose the Float / Slide option must check their account for any upgraded seat after next round and update the willingness for that particular seat.
- Upgrade to IIT System – In case a candidate is allotted a seat in NIT+ system in any round, but in further round, the seat is upgraded to IIT System (or vice versa), he/she will not be able to claim any previously allotted seat as the same will be forfeited.
In the above case, the documents must be updated as well, according to the requirements of IIT System / NIT+ System (whichever upgraded to). Verifying officers will raise the queries, which must be responded. Failing to respond will result in cancellation of the allotted seat and the candidate will be removed from JoSAA Counselling.
Change of Willingness: Using The 3 Options
After each round, candidates can provide willingness for an allotted seat from these three options – Freeze, Float or Slide. Changing willingness is allowed but with the following rules-
|Option Used in Previous Round||Option Allowed In Next Round|
|Float||Slide, Freeze or Float|
|Slide||Freeze or Slide|
|Freeze||No change allowed|
- Freeze option is used when a candidate is satisfied with the allotted seat and does not want any further upgradation.
- Float option is used when a candidate wants to keep the allotted seat, but also wants to upgrade their seat to a better option.
- Slide option is used when the candidate wants an upgraded seat (course) but only in the same institute.
After each round, these willingness or options on seats allotted are recorded and used for next counselling rounds. Based on the choices, candidates can get an upgraded seat in another or same college.
The 1st Round Seat Allotment Result was out on 17th October 2020. Last day to respond to queries of the 1st round is 20th October i.e. tomorrow.