Last updated on October 13th, 2020 at 02:49 pm
JoSAA Counselling 2020 has begun from 6th October 2020, soon after IIT Delhi announced the JEE Advanced 2020 Results. Candidates who have filled their college and course choices till 11th October 2020, can now check the first mock seat allotment.
The mock seat allotment is an additional process conducted by JoSAA to provide an estimate of actual allotment in the first round, based on options and preferences provided by the candidates. After this, candidates can revise their choices or preferences at the JoSAA Portal, depending on their mock allotment and expected admission cut off.
How To Check JoSAA Mock Allotment?
In order to check the first mock allotment by JoSAA, follow the steps below-
- Open the official website of JoSAA i.e. josaa.nic.in
- Click on ‘Online Registration and Choice Filling’
- A new page will open. Enter your JEE Application Number, Password and Security Pin (Captcha).
- Click on Login.
- Finally, check the mock allotment status available there. You can Save it as PDF for future use.
JoSAA will declare the second mock allotment list on 14th October 2020, based on revisions done by candidates till 13th October (5 PM).
How is JoSAA Mock Seat Allotment Useful?
JoSAA conducts the mock seat allotment to ensure that candidates have provided all the necessary details before final allocation of seats. Candidates who are not able to secure a seat in the first mock allotment can alter their choices before the allotment window closes.
- This gives a better chance to candidates for securing a seat at their desired college and course.
- Many students might have made mistakes initially, such as choosing a wrong course or college, which can be corrected after mock allotment.
- Out of 110 JoSAA participating colleges, candidates can utilise this option in case they have skipped Home State Quota for NITs.
Students who have qualified JEE Main 2020 can apply for NITs+ system and those who qualified JEE Advanced 2020 can apply for IITs. All the necessary documents are to be uploaded at JoSAA portal only as counselling is being conducted online only.