Last updated on December 24th, 2020 at 10:38 am
In this article, we have made available the list of the number of all the institutes that will take part in the JEE Main 2021 counselling. JoSAA Participating Institutes include 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 GFTIs in India. These colleges/institutes are the ones that provide admissions to the applicants through their JEE Main 2021 scores and JoSAA counselling 2021. Every year there are many students who prepare for JEE Main but only a few of them are able to seek admissions into JoSAA Participating Institutes as there are only limited seats available.
- To get admission in IIT, students have to pass the JEE Exam at two levels: firstly, JEE Main Exam, twice a year and secondly, JEE Advanced.
- Students also have to fulfill the eligibility criteria of both the exams to become eligible to take the exams.
- Only after qualifying both these exams, candidates can seek admissions in any of the IITs in India.
- However, NITs, IIITs and some other GFTIs give admission on the basis of JEE Main results.
Here, we have given you a detailed list of top engineering colleges in India which can help you take admission in your preferred college. You can also check all the number of seats in IITs so as to know your chances of getting selected in an institute through JoSAA Counselling 2021.
List of JoSAA Participating Institutes
|Category of Institutes||Number of Institutes|
|Government Funded Technical Institute ( CFTI )||29|
|National Institute of Technology ( NIT )||31|
|Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT )||23|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology ( IIIT )||26|
Check the list of JoSAA Participating Institutes 2021 here to get a view regarding the universities taking an interest in JoSAA counselling 2021.
JoSAA Participating Institute – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
Indian Institutes of Technology, famously known as IITs are the loftiest and top engineering colleges in the nation.
- They are the independent institute for advanced education in the specialized field and are generally well known for the B.Tech courses offered by them.
- At present, there are 23 IITs in India which are administered by the Institute of Technology Act, 1961 – a common IT committee.
- The formation of Higher Technical Institutions took place for post-war modern development in India.
- Among all IITs, IIT Kharagpur is the most seasoned one, which was set up in 1951 followed by IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras in 1959.
- Directly by the IIT Act of 1961, the IITs became independent organizations with their own boards of executives.
You can discover below the list of IITs in India alongside their positioning according to the HRD Ministry’s National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) that appears each year in the period of April.
JoSAA Participating Institutes – National Institute of Technology (NIT)
National Institute of Technology (NIT) is independently engineering colleges and were pronounced as organizations of national significance in 2007.
- The NIT Council is the monitoring body for all the NITs.
- The vast majority of the NITs in India offer degree courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in different parts of Engineering, Architecture, Management and Science.
- There is a sum of 31 NITs in India and admission to B.Tech/ B.E. Programs are overseen through the JoSAA counselling process, in view of AIR rank secured in JEE Main.
NITs also offer admission to M.Tech programs dependent on the score acquired in GATE exam while the seat portion is allocated through CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan/M.Des).
Latest News Updates
- AICTE Says Maths and Physics NOT Compulsory For Engineering Courses
- NTA Will Allow Students To Choose Their Exam Date For May 2021 session of JEE Main
- JEE Main 2021: February Session Begins With B.Arch and B.Planning Papers
- Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Announces JEE Advanced 2021 For 3rd July, 75% Criteria Removed
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
JoSAA Participating Institutes – Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT)
The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) are self-governing establishments offering specialized engineering education on Information Technology and Communication Studies.
- IIITs have obtained recognition among students and are considered among the top institutes simply after Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and National Institutes of Technology (NITs).
- There is an aggregate of 25 IIITs in India, five of which are recorded as the Institutes of National Importance while the remaining 18 IIITs are set up on the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) model.
Here is the list of IIITs in India along with their NIRF Ranking-
Read more about
JoSAA Participating Institute – Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTI )
The Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTI) is a list of 29 specialized colleges supported by the Government of India and national authority run by government such as CSIR, ESIC, ICAR, MoHFW, DBT DST, ICMR, DAE and MHRD etc or any state governments.
- These are partially or fully funded by the government.
- The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is liable for leading affirmation in 29 govt supported specialized colleges through its site.
- The admission is done based on merit acquired in the Joint Entrance Examination. 60% weight is given to JEE imprints and 40 per cent weight is given to class twelfth (HSC) marks.
Here is the list of GFTI Institutes in India:
|GFTI Institutes Names||Institutes Code|
|Assam University Silchar (Assam)||401|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi||402|
|Gurukula Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar||403|
|Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi||404|
|Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research & Management-Ahmedabad||405|
|Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya Bilaspur||406|
|J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, Department of Electronics & Communication, University of Allahabad||407|
|National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology,(NIT) Maharashtra||408|
|National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, (NIT) Ranchi||409|
|Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology||410|
|Mizoram University, Aizawl||411|
|School of Engineering (SE), Tezpur University, Tezpur||412|
|School of Planning & Architecture (SPA), Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh||413|
|School of Planning & Architecture (SPA), New Delhi||414|
|School of Planning & Architecture (SPA ), Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh)||415|
|Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, (Jammu)||416|
|Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology, Shibpur||417|
|HNB Garhwal University Srinagar||418|
|International Institute of Information Technology, Naya Raipur||419|
|University of Hyderabad||420|
|Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh||421|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi||–|
|International Institute of Information Technology, Bhubaneswar||–|
|Central Institute of Technology, Assam||–|
|Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry||–|
|Ghani Khan Choudhury Institute of Engineering-Technology, West Bengal||–|
|Central University of Rajasthan||–|
|National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship & Management||–|
|lndian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur, Tamil Naidu.||–|
|North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Nirjuli (Itanagar),Arunachal Pradesh||–|
Read more about
JEE Main Cut Off for JoSAA Counselling
For getting into JoSAA participating institutes, candidates have to fulfil certain eligibility criteria. Aspirants appearing for JEE Main 2021 are required to secure a valid AIR in Paper-1 for B.E./B.Tech. programs at NITs, IIITs, and other-GFTIs. In Class 12th, they are required to get 75%aggregate with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. They are also required to choose one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects.
As per the previous years cutoff trends, the expected JEE Main cut off is highlighted in the following manner:
|Category||Cut Off for Paper 1|
|Common Rank List||89|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||74|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||54|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||44|
These are recognized as the most esteemed top engineering colleges of India. In spite of the fact that they are represented by the leading government universities, B.Tech expenses for general applicants is moderately higher than other government engineering institutes as they offer the best quality engineering courses. With the correct direction and planning, nothing is unthinkable. Thus, institutes make a strong establishment of logical and specialized knowledge and to get ready and stimulate engineering and researchers.
Last updated on December 24th, 2020 at 09:58 am
Ans. No, JoSAA is not responsible for preparing or announcing JEE Main 2021 ranks but NTA takes the responsibility for the same.
Last updated on December 24th, 2020 at 09:59 am
Ans.JoSAA 2021 will have seat quotas such as All India Quota, Home State Quota and Other State Quota.