Last updated on October 18th, 2021
JoSAA Counselling schedule 2021 has been release on the official webiste. JoSAA Registration begin from 16 October 2021. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (or JoSAA) is responsible for the counselling process for 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST, 26 IIITs and 29 other GFTIs. Check Complete Schedule Here
- 15 October 2021: JEE Advanced 2021 Result released on 15 Oct.
- 6 October 2021: JEE Main Paper 2 Result released along with the toppers list. Check Here
- 5 October 2021: JEE Main Paper 2 Final Answer Key has been released. Download Now
- 4 October 2021: JEE Advanced 2021 Question paper released on official website. Download Now
- 3 October 2021: JEE Advanced 2021 Concluded Successfully. Check Paper Analysis
- Candidates who qualified JEE Main 2021 or JEE Advanced 2021 are eligible to take part in the counselling process.
- Students who want to participate in JoSAA 2021 Counselling have to register online for the same using their JEE Main 2021 Application Number, Password for JEE Main/JEE Advanced and a security pin (captcha).
- The registration process has not started yet. Given below is a picture of the registration portal for 2020.
Online Registration and Choice Filling Portal (JoSAA 2020)
What is JoSAA Counselling 2021?
The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) established the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) in 2016.
- It was established so that managing, conducting the counselling and allocation of seats to the eligible candidates for JEE Main and JEE Advanced can be streamlined.
- So, JoSAA helps the qualifying candidates for allotment of the seats to get admissions in the JoSAA participating institutes including IITs, NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs. Check 2021-22 Official List
- Currently, 110 colleges will take part in the JoSAA Counselling 2021.
- Hence, JoSAA Counselling 2021 streamlines the seat allotment process for admissions to more than 30,000 undergraduate engineering seats.
- Finally, the eligible students who meet the JoSAA counselling eligibility criteria get seats based on their category after payment of JoSAA Counselling Fees.
- Detailed JEE Main Counselling 2021 Process
- Qualifying JEE Main Cut Off for JoSAA Counselling (Released)
- NTA JEE Main Paper 1 Results (February/ March Session)
JoSAA Counselling Schedule 2021
JoSAA Counselling dates 2021 are tabulated below:
|EVENT||DATE AND TIME|
|JoSAA 2021 Registration & Choice Filling Starts||15 October 2021|
|AAT-specific choices starting from||22 October 2021|
|Mock Seat Allocation -1||22 October 2021|
|Mock Seat Allocation -2||24 October 2021|
|Registration/Choice Filling End Date||25 October 2021|
|Reconciliation of data, verification and validation of allocated seats||26 October 2021|
|Seat Allocation Round 1||27 October 2021|
|Online Reporting||27 – 30 October 2021|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 1)||31 October 2021|
|Display of seats filled/ availability status||31 October 2021|
|Seat Allocation Round 2||1 November 2021|
|Online Reporting||2- 3 November 2021|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 2)||5 November 2021|
|Initiation of Withdrawal of seat / Exit from seat allocation process (Round 2)
Withdrawal Query Response
|2 – 3November 2021
2- 5 November 2021
|Display of seats filled/ availability status||5 November 2021|
|Seat Allocation Round 3||6 November 2021|
|Online Reporting||7 – 8 November 2021|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 3)||9 November 2021|
|Withdrawal of seat from seat allocation process (Round 3)||7 – 9 November 2021|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||9 November 2021|
|Seat Allocation Round 4||10 November 2021|
|Online Reporting||11 – 12 November 2021|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 4)||13 November 2021|
|Withdrawal of seat / Exit from seat allocation process (Round 4)||11 – 13 November 2021|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||13 November 2021|
|Seat Allocation Round 5||14 November 2021|
|Online Reporting||15 – 16 November 2021|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 5)||17 November 2021|
|Notification of the decision on seat confirmation for Round 5||17 November 2021|
|Withdrawal of seat / Exit from the seat allocation process Last round for seat withdrawal / Exit option (Round 5)||17 – 18 November 2021|
|Display of seats filled / availability status||18 November 2021|
|Seat Allocation Round 6 (FINAL ROUND for IITs)||18 November 2021|
|Online reporting (For IITs only)||19 November 2021|
|Last day to respond to query (Round 6) (FINAL ROUND for IITs)||20 November 2021|
|Admission Process (For NITs+ System)||20 – 24 November 2021|
JoSAA Cut Off Ranks 2021 (Expected)
Cut Off ranks for 2021 have not been released yet so candidates can check the JoSAA cut off 2020. These can be considered as the expected cut off for 2021. Candidates can download JoSAA Counselling 2020 Opening – Closing Ranks for various rounds below-
|JoSAA Counselling Rounds||IITs Cut Off (OR-CR)||NITs Cut Off (OR-CR)||IIITs Cut Off (OR-CR)||GFTIs Cut Off (OR-CR)|
JoSAA 2021 Reporting Centers
- The candidates can only become a part of JoSAA 2021 Counselling if they have cleared the exam.
- Also, their name must be mentioned in the All India Rank list.
- So, to get admissions, the students have to attend the JoSAA counselling 2021.
- But, if they don’t attend the JoSAA counselling, their admission is automatically cancelled.
- Most importantly, the candidates have to visit the reporting centre on time. They must carry all of the important documents including the JEE Main Admit Card.
List of all reporting centres in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs for JoSAA 2021-
Given below is a list of reporting centres for 2020. This ist will be updated when a list for JoSAA releases a list for reporting centres for 2021.
Note: This list is subject to change.
How does JoSAA 2021 Counselling Work?
- The applicants qualifying JEE Main or JEE Advanced will be allowed to take part in the JoSAA Counselling 2021.
- First, the candidates need to visit the official website online for JoSAA 2021 Registration.
- After that, they must choose their preferred JoSAA colleges and courses from the mentioned list available.
- Further, the JoSAA 2021 Counselling schedule will be mentioned on the official website post the results of JEE Main 2021.
- Finally, the seats are allocated based on the applicant’s ranking (AIR), category, availability of seats besides considering other factors as well.
- JoSAA 2021 Cut Off Ranking, Opening and Closing Ranks are released after counselling ends. Candidates can check JoSAA Counselling 2020 Cut Off for colleges to get an idea of expected cut off.
- The entire allocation process will be done online.
- And, once the seats have been allocated to the students, they need to get the documents verified and pay the fee at the allotted college.
- This is required to confirm their admission.
- The JoSAA counselling 2021 and seat allotment process are anticipated to be held from the first week of September 2021.
JoSAA 2021 Counselling Procedure
- The candidates have to adhere to the JoSAA 2021 procedure as per schedule.
- Besides, the entire JoSAA counselling process has been divided into various steps.
- To begin with, you first need to visit the official website of JoSAA Counselling- josaa.nic.in 2021.
- Filling the choices online –
- The candidates have to log in to the JoSAA Counselling 2021 portal by filling their roll number and password.
- Then, the candidates need to fill the choices in the prescribed section and lock their preferences as per the prescribed dates.
- This is one of the most important steps in JoSAA Counselling 2021.
- So, the candidates must not forget to lock their filled choices before submitting.
- Besides, in case someone forgets to lock their choices, the last saved choices will be saved automatically.
- Provisional Offer of Seats & Confirmation–
- The candidates can check provisional seat allotment by visiting the website of JoSAA Counselling 2021 on the date specified in the schedule.
- And, once the seat has been allotted to the candidates, they have to download the provisional seat allocation letter.
- Also, they have to pay the seat acceptance fee for JoSAA Counselling Fee.
- To sum up, the candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories have to pay INR 15,000.
- While the students belonging to other categories need to pay INR 35,000.
- The payments can be made through SBI net banking or e-challan.
Reporting To College
- Document Verification-
- Once the students have accepted the seat, they have to appear at the reporting centre for getting the verification process done of the documents.
- Moreover, the candidates must report the centre at the mentioned date & time.
- Most importantly, the candidates must not forget to carry their original documents along with the photocopies as well.
- Failing to provide the same can result in the cancellation of the seats.
- The students who have selected float options can get a better seat in the next JoSAA counselling rounds. So, they have to report again with the documents for the verification process.
Documents Required For Admissions
|S. No.||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||IITs|
|1.||3 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main.||2 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main/ Advanced|
|2.||Class XII performance check||Class XII performance check|
|3.||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter|
|4.||Undertaking by the Candidate||Undertaking by the Candidate|
|5.||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment|
|6.||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)|
|7.||JEE Main 2021 Admit Card||JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card|
|8.||JEE Main 2021 Scorecard||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)|
|9.||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet|
|10.||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet||Medical Certificate|
|11.||Medical Certificate||Category Certificate|
|12.||Category Certificate||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.|
|13.||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.||Passport for foreign nationals, OCI Certificate or PIO Card|
|14.||OCI Certificate or PIO Card||DS Certificate, if applicable|
|15.||JoSAA 2021 Candidate Registration and Choice Filling||JoSAA 2021 Registration-cum-locked Choices for seat allotment.|
- Reporting at the Admitting Institution-
- Finally, post the completion of all these processes, the candidates must report at the allotted JoSAA colleges.
- This is required so that further formalities related to the admission procedure can be completed.
Options on Seats Allotted in JoSAA Counselling 2021
There are some other options available for the students as well which include Freeze, Float, and Slide Options in JoSAA Counselling 2021-
- Firstly, the freezing option, for those individuals who accept the allotted seats and don’t want to take part in the next counselling rounds.
- Second, the floating option will be accepted by the students who accept the allotted seats but wish to get admission to a better preference.
- Finally, the sliding option will be chosen by those candidates who accept the allotted seats. But, seeking admission to an academic program of better preferences within the same JoSAA colleges or institution.
- The candidates are allowed to make amendments in this process.
- Hence, they can change from floating to sliding to freezing by mentioning about the same at the reporting centre.
- Moreover, the slide and float option will be offered to those candidates only who have not been given admission to their first preference.
However, no candidate can make changes in the last round of seat allocation.
- In case, the candidates don’t get a seat in the first round, then they are suggested to wait for the subsequent rounds. Because changes happen in the second round.
- For instance, the students who want to get admissions in other colleges might back out from certain colleges in JoSAA Counselling.
Difference between JoSAA and CSAB
Some of the differences between JoSAA and CSAB are listed below:
- JoSAA conducts the admission process for IITs, NITs and other colleges while CSAB conducts some special rounds to fill up the vacant seats for NITs, IIITs and various other colleges.
- CSAB does not conduct the admission process for IITs.
- In case you are not allotted any seat through JoSAA then you can switch to CSAB.
- If you already have a seat then also you can apply for CSAB special rounds as there are chances that you can secure a better branch.
JEE JoSAA Counselling – Spot Round
- Spot rounds are held when there are any leftover seats even after the multiple JoSAA counselling rounds.
- However, the students must not rely on it by seeing the cutoffs of the spot round as this round takes place very late.
- Moreover, there is not any assurance whether this round will take place or not.
- So, the candidates who have taken admission and want to opt for sliding later can sit for the spot round.
How to Withdraw a Seat in JoSAA Counselling?
- The students who have accepted the seat before but now want to withdraw that seat are allowed to do so.
- So, first, the candidates must fill in their bank account details.
- After that, upload an image of a cancelled cheque in jpg format.
- Finally, download the withdrawal request letter.
- In the end, the candidates will have to appear at the reporting centre.
- Certainly, they must carry the withdrawal request letter duly signed by them and their parents.
NOTE: The candidates selecting the withdrawal option cannot take part in further JoSAA counselling rounds. They will get a refund after a deduction of INR 1000 as processing charges.
JoSAA Counselling Expected Cut Off 2021 for All Colleges
Given below are some of the top NITs and IITs Cut Off Ranks (Opening and Closing) front he previous year counselling. These can be considered as the expected ranks for 2021 counselling.
Ques. What is JoSAA 2021 mock allotment?
Ans. The mock allotment is conducted before the actual seat allotment process. It helps the candidates to know their chances of getting their desired colleges according to their ranks and preferences.
Ques. What is the admission process for POI or OCI card holder?
Ans. POI or OCI cardholders can apply for admission into NITs, GFTIs, IIITs through JEE Main 2021 Ranks. For admission into IITs, JEE Advanced Rank is required.
Ques. Can i get admission into NITs, IIITs or GFTIs without appearing for JoSAA Counselling?
Ans. To get admission into UG courses through NITs, IIITs, IITs or GFTIs candidates have to appear for JoSAA Counselling. If any candidate fails to register for counselling can not get admission.
Ques. When will the JoSAA Document verification round hold?
Ans. Once the candidate will accept the allotted seat, they have to report to the centre for the document verification process.
Ques. What is Dual Reporting?
Ans. If seat allotment changes from IITs to NITs or vice versa, aspirants have to report twice. Keep one thing in mind, once locked, choice can not be changed.
Q. JoSAA counselling 2021 will be conducted in how many rounds?
Answer: JoSAA counselling 2021 will be conducted in 6 or 7 rounds starting in October/ November 2021.
Q.How can I register for JoSAA counselling 2021?
Answer: You will have to log in using your JEE Main/ JEE Advanced Application Number and Password on the official website of JoSAA counselling registration page and fill the JoSAA counselling 2021 application.
Q. Who is eligible for JoSAA counselling 2021?
Answer: Candidates who clear JEE Main or JEE Advanced will be eligible for JoSAA Counselling 2021.
Q. Is there any registration fee for JoSAA Counselling?
Answer: No, there is no registration fee for JoSAA Counselling. Once you accepted a seat, then you have to pay Rs. 35,000 as seat acceptance fees. After getting admission, seat acceptance fees will be considered as admission fees.
Q. What is the seat acceptance fee for open category candidates?
Answer: Open category candidates will be required to pay Rs 35,000 as seat acceptance fee.