Last updated on October 15th, 2020 at 05:57 pm
Depending on the All India Ranks (AIRs), many students will bag seats in top-tier IITs and many will grab seats in top NITs through JoSAA Counselling 2020. The Round 1 Seat Allotment Result of JoSAA Counselling will be announced on 17th October 2020. The counselling authority i.e. JoSAA will then also release the opening and closing ranks of Round 1 on the same day.
The last date to register for counselling in NITs, IIITs, GFTIs, IIEST (via JEE Main) or IITs (via JEE Advanced) is today i.e. 15th October 2020. Candidates who registered at the JoSAA portal will not be allowed to revise their preferences after 5 PM today.
To register or login at the JoSAA portal, candidates only need their JEE Main or Advanced Application Number and Password. JoSAA previously released the 1st Mock Seat Allotment and 2nd Mock Seat Allotment result for candidates to get an idea of expected final allotment.
Also Check –
How To Check JoSAA Counselling Seat Allotment Result?
To check the JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment Result for Round 1, follow these steps-
- Visit the official website of JoSAA i.e. josaa.nic.in
- Click on the link for JoSAA Online Registration and Choice Filling 2020.
- Enter your JEE Main/Advanced 2020 Application Number and Password.
- Login and check your Final Seat Allotment Result for Round 1.
What are the Next Steps After Seat Allotment?
Once you are allocated a seat in one of the preferences provided during choice filling, you will get the following three options-
- Freeze – Use this option to confirm a seat and pay the seat acceptance fees.
- Float – This option allows a candidate to pay the seat acceptance fees but also opt for a better college or course in further rounds.
- Slide – Candidates can utilize this option if they only want a better course in the same institution allocated to them. Seat Acceptance fees can be paid here as well.
A Few Things To Note-
- This time, document verification and all the other processes related to admission will be conducted online only. Candidates who are using the freeze option must keep their documents ready (given below).
- Using the Freeze option will mean you will not be able to take part in further rounds of counselling i.e. Round 2 or further.
- Float and Slide options are provided to those who have not been allocated their first preference.
Documents Required for JoSAA Counselling 2020
Students would need to provide following documents for JoSAA 2020 Counselling-
|S.No.||NITs, IIITs and GFTIs||IITs|
|1.||JEE Main 2020 Admit Card||JEE Advanced 2020 Admit Card (Original)|
|2.||JEE Main 2020 Scorecard||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)|
|3.||Proof of Date of Birth (Class X Marksheet)||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet|
|4.||Class XII or any equivalent marksheet||Medical Certificate|
|5.||Medical Certificate||Category Certificate for OBC-NCL/SC/ST|
|6.||Category Certificate||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), if applicable.|
|7.||3 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main.||2 passport-sized photographs, identical to the ones uploaded during JEE Main/ Advanced|
|8.||Class XII performance check||Class XII performance check|
|9.||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter|
|10.||Personal Undertaking by the Candidate||Personal Undertaking by the Candidate|
|11.||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment||Proof of seat acceptance fee payment|
|12.||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)||Photo Identification Card (issued by Govt. agency/ last attended school/ Class 12 Admit Card)|
|13.||Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), if applicable.||Passport for foreign nationals, OCI Certificate or PIO Card|
|14.||OCI Certificate or PIO Card||DS Certificate, if applicable|
|15.||JoSAA 2020 Candidate Registration and Choice Filling||JoSAA 2020 Registration-cum-locked Choices for seat allotment.|
Seat Acceptance Fees at JoSAA Portal
This year, the seat acceptance fees has been kept as provided below-
- Open/OBC Category – INR 35,000
- SC/ST/PwD Category – INR 15,000
The fees can be paid via SBI Net Banking, SBI Debit Cards or e-challan issued by SBI only. Do note that this fee will be adjusted during payment of the 1st Semester fee of the college that the student is admitted in.