The partial schedule for JoSAA Counselling 2020 has been released. Candidates can register for the counselling session from 6th October 2020. JoSAA Counselling is the joint seat allocation for 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 GFTIs.
The complete schedule is yet to be released. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the October dates are also tentative. Recently, the JEE Main Admit Card 2020 was released by NTA, for exams scheduled for 1st to 6th September.
Once students have registered for JoSAA Counselling, they need to fill up appropriate preferences as per their All India Ranks in JEE. JoSAA Counselling is conducted in 7 rounds and after each round a list of allocated seats is released.
The complete process for counselling is as follows-
- Register at josaa.nic.in for JoSAA Counselling 2020
- Fill and lock choices of desired institute and course, based on expected cut off ranks.
- Check for mock seat allocation.
- Results for seat allotment will be announced after each round.
- If allotted the desired seat, pay seat acceptance fees.
- Report at the zonal reporting centres or allotted institute.
- Pay the admission fees or 1st semester fees for confirmation of admission.
This year the seat acceptance fees for General candidates is INR 35,000 and for reserved candidates is INR 15,000. The seat acceptance fee is adjusted in 1st semester fees of colleges during admission.
Those who qualify the minimum JEE Main Cut Off will be eligible for admission to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
While those who qualify minimum JEE Advanced Cut Off will be eligible for admission to IITs. The All India Ranks of candidates is then decided on the basis of scores in both JEE Main and JEE Advanced.