Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 05:15 pm
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi or JNU New Delhi is one of the prestigious institutions in India which offers an array of courses in different specializations. The institute is widely popular among students for its excellence in academics and all areas of student life.
- JNU New Delhi has started five-year integrated B.Tech + M.Tech courses from 2018. Admission to these courses is conducted through JEE Main.
- The School of Engineering, JNU also offers a Masters Degree (MS/M.Tech) programme with specializations in Social Science/Humanities/Science/Technology.
- The institute provides two combinations of different specialisations. Its academic sessions start in the month of July every year.
More information about the B.Tech courses in JNU New Delhi is mentioned below.
- JEE Main 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment, Dates, Procedure
- GGU Bilaspur: Admissions via JEE Main 2021, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
JNU New Delhi: Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi|
|Type of Institute||Government Funded Technical Institute (GFTI)|
|Type of Programs||B.Tech + M.Tech, UG, PG & PhD|
|Admission Criteria for B.Tech||JEE Main and 10+2 scores|
You Might Like-
JNU New Delhi: B.Tech Admissions via JEE Main
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi conducts admission to its B.Tech + M.Tech dual degree programmes through JEE Main exam. Candidates can appear for JEE Main followed by JoSAA counselling and get into JNU New Delhi, given that they have cleared the required cut off ranks.
The B.Tech+M.Tech seats are gender-neutral only and reservation is only given to socially or economically backward students.
Dual Degree Courses Offered at JNU
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi offer dual degree (B.Tech+M.Tech) in five specialisations which are mentioned below:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
A few more courses to be added in future are given below-
- B.Tech in Civil and Environmental Engineering and MS/M.Tech in Social Sciences/Humanities/Science/Technology
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering and MS/M.Tech in Social Sciences/Humanities/Science/Technology
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and MS/M.Tech in Social Sciences/Humanities/Science/Technology
- List of B.Tech Courses Offered at NIT Jalandhar
- IIT Jodhpur: List of B. Tech Specializations Offered
Eligibility for B.Tech at JNU Delhi
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examinations from any recognized board.
- A valid score in JEE Main examination is mandatory for B.Tech admission.
- The minimum age of applicants should not be below 17 Years for the academic year.
- NIT Trichy Admission via JEE Main 2021, Fee Structure, Cut Off and More
- JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
JNU New Delhi Cut Off 2020 for Top B.Tech Courses
JEE Main Cut Off for 2020 has been declared by JoSAA. Candidates can check JNU cut off for 2019 and 2020 below:
|Programs||2020 OR-CR||2019 OR-CR|
|B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||10771-20615||9182 – 20209|
|B.Tech + M.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||21181-28097||14389 – 25873|
Study at JNU New Delhi during COVID-19
JNU New Delhi, as all other public and private undertakings, have gone into lockdown considering the pandemic situation. The institute is helping its students cope up during this difficult situation by putting up online classes and mentoring. With the help of faculty, students and alumni, JNU New Delhi has kept the institution active and productive in the time of COVID-19.
- JNU New Delhi is conducting classes through conference platforms like Google Meet, Zoom etc.
- The official website of the institute is up-to-date and has published all relevant news and notifications for the easy access of students.
- JNU New Delhi website also features several articles and papers which can be found very relevant and informative about COVID-19 and battling this epidemic.
- The admission procedures and similar activities of the institute have also been adapted to online mode considering the safety and health of students and staff.
Why Choose JNU New Delhi?
Though B.Tech course in JNU New Delhi is a newly started course, it offers a huge number of facilities to the students including all educational and other accommodation for their comfort.
- Dual degree programs are the best choices for students who look for specialized higher education. They can complete undergraduate and postgraduate degrees within 5 years which benefits them in the job market.
- JNU New Delhi provides the best infrastructure and facilities inside the campus for its students.
- Facilities like Wi-Fi, labs, classrooms, a library, etc., are available on campus.
- JNU faculty are excellent and highly educated. The courses are basically research-oriented, so it is very easy for doctoral research after completing M.Tech from JNU New Delhi.
- Mizoram University: Admissions 2021, Scholarships, Placements and More
- IIIT Kota: Placement Record and List of Top Recruiters
JNU New Delhi Cut Off for B.Tech Specializations
Refer to the below table to have a detailed idea about the cut off trend for all categories. The table contains JEE Main 2020 6th round cut off ranks.
B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
B.Tech + M.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
JNU New Delhi: Reservation Via JoSAA
The candidate’s rank should match with the cutoff list provided by the University. The details of reservation criteria in JNU admissions are tabulated below:
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||5%|
- NIT Hamirpur: Admissions via JEE Main 2021, Cut Off, Placements and More
- Considering IIT Goa to Pursue B. Tech? Check Why Should You Choose it?
Faculty at JNU New Delhi
JNU New Delhi has a strong faculty team, enriched with deep knowledge in their respective fields. JNU faculty is very approachable and are experts in the subjects. Most of them are PhD holders from prestigious institutes, which contribute to the progress of the academic scenario of JNU New Delhi.
- There are three types of faculty that can be observed in the School of Engineering- i) Core faculty ii) Associated faculty iii) Guest faculty
- Core faculties are generally assistant professor of School of Engineering
- Associated faculties are the collaborated with various departments and specialisation to provide students with huge knowledge in the research field.
- Guest faculties are generally retired and PhD associated with various departments.
- Why Should Students Choose IIIT Manipur for B. Tech Courses?
- What Makes IIT Kanpur Different from Other IITs?
Various Facilities Provided at JNU New Delhi
The campus is well equipped with various facilities and infrastructure. Some of the important educational facilities available for students are listed below-
- Library, Labs, Lecture halls etc.
- There are accommodation and mess facilities offered for the students.
- Students can also avail activity and entertainment areas and infrastructures provided within the campus of JNU New Delhi.
- For research and other activities, the campus provides facilities like Mechanical workshop, Electronics laboratory, Electrical workshop, Carpentry workshop and other workshop facilities with cutting-edge technology.
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- SPA Bhopal: B. Tech Admissions 2021, Courses, Fee Structure and More
- Why is IIT Madras the Top IIT in India?
JNU New Delhi Placements
B.Tech first batch will pass out in 2023. But from the placements in other departments, it is predicted that B.Tech placement will be in a good position. The table below shows the JNU 2020 placement statistics:-
|Highest Salary Package||INR 72 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||INR 36 LPA|
|Lowest Salary Package||INR 9 LPA|
Google, Amazon, IBM, Intel, Flipkart, Samsung, etc., are the top recruiting companies offering jobs like designer, system operator, data engineers, etc. to students.
Scholarships Offered by JNU New Delhi
The institute provides a number of scholarship schemes for the B.Tech+M.Tech students. Details about JNU scholarships are given below:
- This scholarship is for deserving and meritorious students whose parent’s/guardian’s income below Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum
- The payment of scholarships will be sanctioned by following the rules of the University from time to time.
G Parthasarathi Endowment Fellowship
- The fellowship is provided on behalf of the Memory of Late Chandrasekhar Prasad
- This money is granted for the students coming from economically weaker sections of society, particularly Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Backward Class, and Physically Challenged (Handicapped) students.
- The scholarship will be renewed on the basis of academic performance
- Scholarship amount is Rs. 1000 Per month
The President of India Gold Medal
- This Gold Medal and Certificate is awarded to one student annually
- This is for the best student on the basis of academic performance, literary activities, music, participation in hostel life, sports, good character and conduct.
JNU New Delhi Fee Structure for B.Tech Course
JNU fees for the admitted candidates to the School of Engineering is mentioned below:
|Particulars||Fee in Rupees|
|One Time Fees||3000|
|Refundable security Deposit||5000|
- There is no tuition fee for students of SC/ST/PH and Income below 1L
JNU New Delhi FAQs
Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 05:01 pm
Answer: Yes, JNU is a good college to pursue dual degree courses in CSE as it has a great faculty and a number of facilities are offered to the students.
Last updated on December 1st, 2020 at 05:01 pm
Answer: Yes, you can get admission in ECE with 5,000 rank in EWS category.
Last updated on October 9th, 2020 at 06:18 pm
No, candidates cannot leave the course before 5 year.
Last updated on October 9th, 2020 at 06:19 pm
No, JNU only takes admission through JEE Main, followed by JoSAA Counselling.
Last updated on October 9th, 2020 at 06:20 pm
JEE Main cut off marks change every year. Students can make an idea of the cut off trend from the previous year’s cut off.