Last updated on October 20th, 2020 at 06:02 pm
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi or JNU New Delhi is one of the prestigious institutions in India which offers an array of courses in different specializations. The institute is widely popular among students for its excellence in academics and all areas of student life.
- JNU New Delhi has started five-year integrated B.Tech + M.Tech courses from 2018. Admission to these courses is conducted through JEE Main.
- The School of Engineering, JNU offers B.Tech dual degree programmes including a Masters Degree (MS/M.Tech) programme with specializations in Social Science/Humanities/Science/Technology.
- The institute provides two combinations of different specialisations. Its academic sessions start in the month of July every year.
More information about the B.Tech courses in JNU New Delhi is mentioned below.
- JEE Main 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment, Dates, Procedure
- GGU Bilaspur: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Fee Structure and More
JNU New Delhi: Highlights
|Name of the Institute||Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi|
|Type of Institute||Government Funded Technical Institute (GFTI)|
|Type of Programs||B.Tech + M.Tech, UG, PG & PhD|
|Admission Criteria for B.Tech||JEE Main and 10+2 scores|
You Might Like-
JNU New Delhi: B.Tech Admissions through JEE Main
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi conducts admission to its B.Tech + M.Tech dual degree programmes through JEE Main exam. Candidates can appear for JEE Main followed by JoSAA counselling and get into JNU New Delhi, given that they have cleared the required cut off ranks.
The B.Tech seats are gender-neutral only and reservation is only given to socially or economically backward students. As per the 2019 statistics, the two dual-degree programmes offered at JNU New Delhi had a seat capacity of 63 each.
B.Tech Courses Offered at JNU
Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi offer B.Tech programme (dual degree) in five specialisations which are mentioned below:
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and MS/M.Tech in Social Sciences/Humanities/Science/Technology
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and MS/M.Tech in Social Sciences/Humanities/Science/Technology
A few more courses to be added in future are given below-
- B.Tech in Civil and Environmental Engineering and MS/M.Tech in Social Sciences/Humanities/Science/Technology
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering and MS/M.Tech in Social Sciences/Humanities/Science/Technology
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering and MS/M.Tech in Social Sciences/Humanities/Science/Technology
Eligibility for B.Tech at JNU Delhi
JNU New Delhi B.Tech + M.Tech integrated courses’ admissions are based on the JEE Main ranks.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examinations from any recognized board.
- A valid score in JEE Main examination is mandatory for B.Tech admission.
- The minimum age of applicants should not be below 17 Years for the academic year.
Also Read | JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
The admission process for Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi is carried out by JoSAA counselling after JEE Main examinations.
- Candidates should appear for the JEE Main exam. After the JEE Main Results are out, the cut off ranks will be published.
- Qualified aspirants can register for JoSAA Counselling.
- There will be 7 rounds of allotment for all the participating institutes in JoSAA Counselling.
- If the seats for B.Tech courses are confirmed, candidates can pay the required fee to take admission at the desired institution.
- NIT Hamirpur: Admissions via JEE Main, Cut Off, Scholarships, Placements and More
- Considering IIT Goa to Pursue B. Tech? Check Why Should You Choose it?
JNU New Delhi Cut Off 2019 for Top B.Tech Courses
JEE Main Cut Off for 2020 is not declared yet. Candidates can make an idea from the previous two years the cut off. Final merit list will be declared after seven rounds of counselling.
|Programs||JEE Main 2019 Opening and Closing Ranks|
|B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||9182 – 20209|
|B.Tech + M.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||14389 – 25873|
- JEE Main Cut Off for Top B.Tech Courses at IIITDM Kurnool and More
- JEE Main Cut Off for NIT Surathkal
Study at JNU New Delhi during COVID-19
JNU New Delhi, as all other public and private undertakings, have gone into lockdown considering the pandemic situation. The institute is helping its students cope up during this difficult situation by putting up online classes and mentoring. With the help of faculty, students and alumni, JNU New Delhi has kept the institution active and productive in the time of COVID-19.
- JNU New Delhi conducts all the classes and academic sessions online with the help of conference platforms like Google Meet, Zoom etc.
- The official website of the institute is up-to-date and has published all relevant news and notifications for the easy access of students.
- JNU New Delhi website also features several articles and papers which can be found very relevant and informative about COVID-19 and battling this epidemic.
- The admission procedures and similar activities of the institute have also been adapted to online mode considering the safety and health of students and staff.
Why Choose JNU New Delhi?
Though B.Tech course in JNU New Delhi is a newly started course, it offers a huge number of facilities to the students including all educational and other accommodation for their comfort.
- The integrated B.Tech courses at JNU New Delhi are a new addition, and since the first batch will be graduating in 2023.
- Dual degree programs are the best choices for students who look for specialized higher education. They can complete undergraduate and postgraduate degrees within 5 years which benefits them in the job market.
- Facilities like Wi-Fi, labs, classrooms, a library, etc., are available on campus.
- JNU New Delhi provides the best infrastructure and facilities inside the campus for its students.
- The teaching staff are excellent and are highly educated. The courses are basically research-oriented, so it is very easy for doctoral research after completing M.Tech from JNU New Delhi.
JNU New Delhi Cut Off for B.Tech Specializations
JNU New Delhi offers five specializations in B.Tech+M.Tech programs. As the courses are a recent addition in the university, the previous year cut off ranks are only available for two of the specializations. Refer to the below table to have a detailed idea about the cut off trend for all categories. The table contains JEE Main 2019 7th round cut off ranks.
B.Tech + M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
B.Tech + M.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Category||Cut Off Ranks|
JNU New Delhi: Reservation Through JEE Main Counselling (JoSAA)
JNU New Delhi B.Tech admission process depended on the JEE Main rank of the candidates who appeared in JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) and CSAB Special Round counselling. The candidate’s rank should match with the cutoff list provided by the University.
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||5%|
Read More | JoSAA Counselling: Participating Institutes
Faculty at JNU New Delhi
JNU New Delhi has a strong faculty team, enriched with deep knowledge in their respective fields. The faculty at the institute are very approachable and are experts in the subjects. Most of them are PhD holders from prestigious institutes, which contribute to the progress of the academic scenario of JNU New Delhi.
- There are three types of faculty that can be observed in the School of Engineering- i) Core faculty ii) Associated faculty iii) Guest faculty
- Core faculties are generally assistant professor of School of Engineering
- Associated faculties are the collaborated with various departments and specialisation to provide students with huge knowledge in the research field.
- Guest faculties are generally retired and PhD associated with various departments.
- Why Should Students Choose IIIT Manipur to Pursue B. Tech?
- What Made IIT Kanpur Different than Other IITs?
Various Facilities Provided at JNU New Delhi
There are a huge number of important educational facilities available for students, such as-
- Library, Labs, Lecture halls etc.
- The campus is well equipped with various facilities and infrastructure.
- There are accommodation and mess facilities offered for the students.
- Students can also avail activity and entertainment areas and infrastructures provided within the campus of JNU New Delhi.
- For research and other activities, the campus provides the facilities like Mechanical workshop, Electronics laboratory, Electrical workshop, Carpentry workshop and other workshop facilities with cutting-edge technology.
Latest News Updates
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
- JAC Delhi 2020 Counselling: Seat Allotment Result For Round 3 Declared
- IIT Kharagpur Will Conduct JEE Advanced 2021
- CSAB 2020 Special Rounds Counselling Schedule Released
- SPA Bhopal: B. Tech Admissions, Courses, Fee Structure and More
- Why IIT Madras is the Top IIT in India?
JNU New Delhi: Placements Report
- B.Tech first batch will pass out in 2023. But from the placements in other departments, it is predicted that B.Tech placement will be in a good position.
- Google, Amazon, IBM, Intel, Flipkart, Samsung, etc., are the top recruiting companies offering jobs like designer, system operator, data engineers, etc. to students.
- For ECE students, the highest salary package is expected to be 72 LPA. The average salary package and lowest salary package will be 36 LPA and 9LPA respectively.
Scholarships Offered by JNU New Delhi
The institute provides a number of scholarship schemes for the B.Tech+M.Tech students.
|Name of the scholarship/ Fellowship/ Award||Scholarship Amount||Details|
|G Parthasarathi Endowment Fellowship||Rs.1000/-p.m.||
|The President of India Gold Medal||–||
Also Check | Scholarships Offered IIEST Shibpur and More
Fee Structure for B.Tech at JNU New Delhi
The fee structure of the admitted candidates to the School of Engineering is mentioned below:
|Particulars||Fee in Rupees|
|Student Activity Fee/Sem||2500|
|Institute Development Fund/Sem||1000|
|Admission Fee (One Time)||1000|
|Alumni Fee (One Time)||1000|
|Registration Fee (One Time)||1000|
|Security Deposit (Refundable: One Time)||5000|
JNU New Delhi FAQs
Last updated on October 9th, 2020 at 06:18 pm
No, candidates cannot leave the course before 5 year.
Last updated on October 9th, 2020 at 06:19 pm
No, JNU only takes admission through JEE Main, followed by JoSAA Counselling.
Last updated on October 9th, 2020 at 06:20 pm
JEE Main cut off marks change every year. Students can make an idea of the cut off trend from the previous year’s cut off.