Last updated on September 30th, 2020 at 04:51 pm
J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad prevails as one of the most prestigious educational institutions in our country. The First Prime Minister of free India, Late Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, laid the foundation stone and inaugurated J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology Allahabad on April 4, 1956.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication of J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad is situated in the Muir College Campus under the University of Allahabad.
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology Allahabad is a leading institute for teaching and research in the domain of Electronics and Communication. The Institute also provides courses designed to meet the new inventions and current challenging demands of our nation.
- The institute conducts B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc, MCA, and DPhil programs for different specializations.
- Admission to B.Tech courses is conducted through JEE Main, followed by JoSAA counselling.
- The Faculty members at J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad are entangled in cutting-edge research in various renowned institutes, including J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad.
J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad: Highlights
|Name of the Institute||J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology,|
|Type of the institute||Government Funded Technical Institution (GFTI)|
|Types of Program||B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Sc, M.Sc, MCA, D.Phil|
|Admission Criteria||JEE Main and 10+2 scores (for B.Tech)|
J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad: B.Tech Admissions Through JEE Main
J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad Seats for B.Tech courses are allocated to the students on the basis of their performance in the JEE Main examination and score obtained by them for engineering courses. The Institute will help the students to accomplish the highest levels of excellence in education, training, and research in the domain of Computer Science and Electronics & Communication. The teaching on that specific program will develop a new generation of highly skilled and intelligent engineers and software specialists needed by the fast-emerging society and the global environment today.
Check Out | Top 10 NITs Accepting JEE Main Score
B.Tech Courses Offered
The B.Tech courses offered at the institute cover two specializations at the undergraduate level. The seat capacity for each of the courses is 50, which makes total seat capacity to 100. All the seats are gender-neutral and the reservation of seats is based on the category of the candidates.
The B.Tech specializations offered at J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad are;
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
Also Check | B.Tech Courses Offered at NIT Jamshedpur
Eligibility for B.Tech
Applicants seeking admission to B.Tech programs at J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad must follow the rules to get admitted to their desired college.
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 level with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their main subjects of study to apply.
- Candidates must apply online through the official website of JEE.
- They must be at least 17 years of age at the year of apply
- The selection of the candidates is based on the score obtained by them from the JEE examination.
Read More | JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Admission Process for B.Tech Courses
JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) is solely responsible for offering the seats to the students in J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad.
- Candidates who have opted for JEE Main must keep in mind some essential factors while applying for J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad.
- Candidates will only be eligible to apply for the seat allotment process by JoSAA of their preferred colleges only if they have successfully qualified JEE Main.
- Students must visit their nearest JoSAA center to verify all the documents.
J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad Cut Offs for Top B.Tech Courses
Considering the opening and closing ranks of J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad, it can be said that the Cut Off of the institute is decently high. If any student got more than 35000 rank, he or she would still get through the B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering stream as the closing rank for the same in 2019 was 36635. Check out the table below to get a clear idea of the opening and closing rank of the B.Tech courses offered by J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad after 7 rounds of counseling.
|Courses||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||14681||36635|
|B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering||20080||40400|
Also Check | JEE Main Cut Off for Top Courses at IIIT Bhopal
Study at J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad during COVID-19
Keeping in mind the current situation the Allahabad University has decided to conduct its final semester and final year examinations for this year in online/digital mode. The final semester examinations were scheduled to commence from the second week of September, while the students of other semesters will directly be passed and promoted to their next semester, respectively.
- The graduation examinations had already been conducted by the Allahabad University for nine days prior to the national lockdown that was declared by the Indian government due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Students have to appear for the remaining exams through the online platform now as notified by the university authority.
- The pupils who would opt for the university online examinations should download the question paper of each subject from the official website of the college, according to the recent notice published by the Control Board of Examinations.
- As it would be an online examination, students would be allotted 2 hours for writing and completing the whole paper and 2 hours to scan the answer sheet and upload it.
Also Read | Studying at IIIT Vadodara during COVID-19
Why Choose J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad?
With outstanding faculty, modern facilities, and extracurricular activities, J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad delivers the highest level of education, training, and personality development facilities to educate worthy Engineers for tomorrow.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) selected J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad as a center of their workforce development project in the domain of computer science and engineering stream through which the pupils of the institute were enlisted as Scientist B till 1992 in DRDO.
- The B.Tech stream of J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad leads and contributes to the technical and scientific expansion of our nation through their skilled students.
- Need-based training, workshops, seminars, programs, etc. are also conducted by the Institute to retain the zeal of the students and also keep up with the curriculum.
- In almost 65 years, the alumni of the J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad B.Tech Department has made significant progress and outstanding achievements in their areas in India as well as around the globe.
- Many alumni are linked with renowned companies, computer and communication organizations such as Philips, IBM, AlcaTel, TCS, ITI, HAL, DoT, Tech Mahindra, Railways, Bell Telephone, IAP, STMicroelectronics, IIT, MTNL, CEERI, and various DRDO, ISRO labs.
- Some of them have also established their own companies and became entrepreneurs having their establishments in the US, Singapore, Japan, and the UK.
- The Soccer Tournament, famously known as ‘Swat Cup,’ and Cricket tournament ‘Techno Cup’ of J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad are a breadth of fresh air to the students as they are the firm believer of making the students physically fit, infused with zeal and passion, and prepared for several challenges ahead in life.
J.K. Allahabad Institute Cut Off For B.Tech Specializations
JoSAA released the JEE Main cut off list 2019 for J.K. Institute Allahabad. cut offs are segregated in six different categories. However, there are no separate cut offs for male and female sections. Check out the following table to get full details of the opening and closing cut offs of all categories for the B.Tech courses.
Computer Science and Engineering
|Categories||Opening and Closing Rank|
Electronics & Communication Engineering
|Categories||Opening and Closing Rank|
J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology Allahabad: Reservation
Admission to B.Tech courses at J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad is done considering reservation criteria set by JoSAA. Candidates belonging to certain minor categories can avail reservation based on this criteria. The percentage of reservation for different categories is as follows;
|OBC (non-creamy layer)||27%|
|PwD (40% or more disability)||5%|
Latest News Updates
- Key Takeaways From Education Minister’s Webinar On JEE Main 2021 Examination
- JEE Main 2021: Live Session With Education Minister Extended To December 10th
- Uttarakhand Government To Provide Free Coaching Classes For JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2021: Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal Directs NTA to Draft a Fresh Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Delayed Till February, JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus Being Reviewed
Also Read | JEE Main Reservation Criteria
Faculty at J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad
The teacher-student relationships they share are commendable and always try to procure motivation among students to work hard, enjoy the studies, and generate creative ideas. All of them are experienced professors and aware of current trends.
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad has well-qualified professors, visiting professors, associate professors enriching the institute since the beginning.
- The majority of the professors are Ph.D. degree holders from the eminent universities and continuing their explorations in their respective disciplines.
- Many of them also hold positions as writers and editors of numerous scientific international journals, visiting professors in many colleges, universities, even they sometimes work as consultants to the government and the industry they are associated with.
- They are crammed with vast wisdom and have acquired expertise in their subjects of teaching.
- Sensor Networks and Communication Systems, Optical fiber communication, Microwave Propagation, and Study of the middle atmosphere are some of the research interests that the faculties possess.
- The faculty members of J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad have their respective teaching interests on their specialized subjects and have supervised numerous scholars(Ph.D. students) working under them.
- B.Tech faculty members use modern technology with their distinct teaching styles and try their best efforts for their students to make the theories understandable and easygoing for them.
- They are always incredibly encouraging and present for clearing doubts and consultations even outside of the classroom.
Various Facilities Provided at J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad Campus
- Like most other top colleges, J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad also provides hostel or mess facilities for both boys and girls separately. The accommodation facilities near the college will lessen the worries of the transport system, and they will be able to concentrate on their studies, enjoying campus life.
- The institute offers Electronics labs, Engineering Drawings, computer lab, Lecture halls, Internet facility, sports, educational tours, workshops, etc.
- Various cultural, sports and technology events are conducted at the institute for collective development.
- The institute also has several student welfare clubs and organisations.
- J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology has a vast campus with latest infrastructures which are well-maintained.
- There are several recreational and activity spots inside the campus for relieving the students from stress and tension.
J.K. Institute Allahabad: Placement Report 2019
The B.Tech students of J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad have seen a lot of great opportunities in the form of high paying jobs, internships in famous companies, completing their studies in IITs and abroad.
- Each year more than 50%-60% of students from various programs and streams got placed in the renowned companies in India.
- Top recruiters of J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad students are BSNL, TCS, All India Radio, DOT, UPPCL, DRDO, INTEL, Indian Railways, COGNIZANT, DoorDarshan, RELIANCE, IBM, STPI, BEL, MBT, and many other different academic institutes and government-private organizations, etc.
- In 2019, 20 students from the B.Tech program got their dream job in TCS, 1 in ICON Resources, 4 in Mind Infotech, and 2 students in PARINTEK Innovations P. Ltd.
- Last year the B.Tech Students of J.K. Allahabad were also appointed by TCS, BEL, ICON Resources, PARINTEK Innovations, MIND Infotech P. Ltd., EXL ltd. and many by other corporations.
- Some of the students have also decided to study further and got the chance to opt for the Master degree or Research program through the GRE in foreign institutes, including USA universities, University of Florida, the University of Illinois, the University of Nebraska at Omaha, KIT Germany, McGill, etc.
- Students had performed excellent and achieved great ranks in GATE, GRE, CAT, NMAT exams, and got the chance to study in India’s top universities such as IITs, NITs, IIMs, IISc, etc.
Number of students placed in 2019 20 Highest Salary Package 6 LPA Lowest Salary Package 3.5 LPA Average Salary Package 5 LPA
Fee Structure for B.Tech at J.K. Institute Allahabad
Check out the following table to know about the fees of the B.Tech course and hostels/mess fees for each semester.
|Particulars||Fee per Annum|
|Institute Fee||INR 34,000/- for Gen/OBC INR 20,000/- for SC/ST/PwD|
|University Fee||INR 1,910|
|Hostel Fee||INR 12,000/-|
|Mess Charge||INR 2000/- (per month)|
|Total Fee Payable during Admission||INR 67,910/- approx.|
J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad FAQs
Last updated on September 30th, 2020 at 01:21 pm
The B.Tech specializations offered at J.K. Institute of Applied Physics and Technology Allahabad is a quite popular course among engineering aspirants. Increasing application for the course has increased the cut off levels. The career prospects after graduating in these courses are also promising.
Last updated on September 30th, 2020 at 01:21 pm
The placement report for 2019 and the last couple of years had been great. Many students from Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Communications Engineering Stream got placed in TCS, BEL, ICON Resources, PARINTEK Innovations, MIND Infotech P. Ltd., EXL ltd. and many by other corporations.
Last updated on September 30th, 2020 at 01:22 pm
The closing cut off for Computer Science and Engineering was 36635 and for Electronics & Communications Engineering was 40400 in 2019.