Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal instructed NTA to postpone the major examinations to be held in April till the last week of May 2020 due to the outbreak of COVID-19 disease spread due to coronavirus. He also tweeted that students should utilize this time by studying as much as possible while staying home safely during the nationwide lockdown of 21 days.
Since Parents and Students have to travel to different examination centres, to avoid any inconvenience to them, I have directed National Testing Agency @DG_NTA to postpone NEET (UG) 2020 and JEE(Main) till last week of May. pic.twitter.com/loji50ZQq3
— Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) March 27, 2020
A notice regarding the same was published on NEET (UG) – 2020 official website. There has been no official notification regarding this on JEE Main 2020 official website. But it is pretty much evident that the examination cannot be held until the lockdown is over. Considering the tweet by Union HRD Minister, Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal, JEE Main 2020 April Session shall be held around the end of May 2020.
Latest News Updates
- Live Update: JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2020 Postponed, New Dates Set For September
- Turn Lockdown Period Into An Opportunity”, says Anand Kumar of Super 30 to JEE Aspirants
- JEE Main 2020 Syllabus not reduced, says NTA
- JEE Main 2020: Dates announced by the MHRD, Examination to be conducted from July 18 to 23, 2020
- New Batches for IITs and NITs to start in September 2020
There has been no word regarding JEE Advance 2020 from IIT Delhi, the conducting body for JEE Advance 2020 or HRD Ministry. It is scheduled for 17th May 2020. Judging by the current scenario, JEE Advance 2020 could be postponed until mid-June 2020.
What should candidates do in this situation?
- First, follow the guidelines, stay calm and stay home.
- You have an opportunity to work even harder. Use the time you have, to improve your weak topics.
- Be healthy at all times. Health is important and very important at this moment. Risking your health might affect your immunity and you might lose the opportunity to even attend the exam at a later date.
- Keep visiting the official website of JEE Main 2020. You will get all updates through the notifications published on the website.
- Check your emails. NTA notifies candidates through SMS and emails.